Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 04:35 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times

Advertisements

The Washington Post recently had an article about the DC Area school systems grappling with severe school overcrowding. They barely touch on illegal immigration which, in large part, is causing this. Also hyper legal immigration is a problem.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.5e9ab0b053ee

Those of us who live in the area have watched this problem worsen over the years. More than 10 years ago, my community had to put several trailers on an elementary school property. This was a school where, within its boundaries, you couldn't squeeze another house into the area. Locals knew what was going on --- the creation of many flophouses. Of course, the local politicians turned a blind eye to this all. I was one of many who talked to elected officials about this issue. The few politicians who cared about it saw their voices drowned out when they brought up the topic.

It's not like this topic wasn't brought up before in the DC area:

This article was from 2016:

The Elephant in the Classroom: Mass Immigration's Impact on Public Education | Federation for American Immigration Reform

From 2014. This article below discusses the impact across the country;

https://nationalcenter.org/project21...ublic-schools/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 05:06 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,693 times
It's a huge problem in California. My brother-in-law is a school superintendent who told me the problems of overcrowding and quality of education are only increasing.

I do not understand why this subject has to be tip-toed around. Why are the problems hidden from us? It's like "California has a housing crisis" when the real reason is we have too many people flocking to and living in the state.

California is #48 in the overall education rankings in the United States. When I attended high school, California led the nation with its excellent education system. What's the difference now? Righto... you guessed it. But NO... if anyone points this out, s/he is accused of racism.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:28 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
It's a huge problem in California. My brother-in-law is a school superintendent who told me the problems of overcrowding and quality of education are only increasing.

I do not understand why this subject has to be tip-toed around. Why are the problems hidden from us? It's like "California has a housing crisis" when the real reason is we have too many people flocking to and living in the state.

California is #48 in the overall education rankings in the United States. When I attended high school, California led the nation with its excellent education system. What's the difference now? Righto... you guessed it. But NO... if anyone points this out, s/he is accused of racism.
Isn't it obvious at this point? Our leaders particularly in the Democrat party want to use immigration legal and illegal to lower our standard of living and quality of life and tactics like labeling racist anyone who objects is a way to prevent any opposition.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post

Sad, isn't it? I just found out that the high school our daughter attended and graduated from 15 years ago, has just done away with their football team. These days, the high school is filled with illegal aliens and anchor babies who have no interest in participating in sports. It's a shame to see this happen. At one time, the high school had one of the top 20 teams in the DC Metro area.

Yes, if anyone dares speak the truth about illegal immigration or hyper immigration from third world countries, they get called a "racist". We're supposed to pretend that all this severe overcrowding in the schools is all about Americans wanting to live in condos or apartments in cities. Well...I was born at night but not last night.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:37 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Illegals and also the children of Central American immigrants are a big problem in the MA school system. They require bi-lingual teachers and even then still perform very poorly academically.

And needy students like these hurt the average and gifted (in a good way) students, because the teachers don't have any time or energy left for them.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:07 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,005 times
This topic is dead on and alarming. In San Diego over half the new K students dont speak English. At all.
However I might remind everyone if we dont go house to house with buses straight to the border and unceremoniously eject them, which I support!
We have to educate them.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:32 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
We home schooled and both kids passed the GED with flying colors .
This is what a lot of folk are going to now. because the school system is liberally poisoned .

Old 09-15-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
This topic is dead on and alarming. In San Diego over half the new K students dont speak English. At all.
However I might remind everyone if we dont go house to house with buses straight to the border and unceremoniously eject them, which I support!
We have to educate them.

Per the bolded---Sadly, thanks to Plyler v. Doe we have to educate illegal alien kids

Meanwhile, when exchange students come to the US for a year to go to high school here, they have to pay tuition. How is that, in any way, shape or form, right? How is it okay to charge exchange students tuition when they come here legally to go to school while illegal aliens, who have no business being here, get a free education?

It's time for someone to challenge Plyler v. Doe.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:22 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
It's a problem in Dallas too, and some older suburbs. Nobody talks about it.

Old 09-21-2018, 05:50 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Isn't it obvious at this point? Our leaders particularly in the Democrat party want to use immigration legal and illegal to lower our standard of living and quality of life and tactics like labeling racist anyone who objects is a way to prevent any opposition.
But WHY would politicians want to purposely lower our standard of living and quality of life, especially since it's we the taxpayers who are footing the bills?

Too bad the Democratic Party didn't run on anti-illegal immigrants since that is one of the reasons Trump got into office. Gavin Newsom - probably California's next governor - will continue the sanctuary state edict. Newsom wants every child to attend pre-school, no matter the immigration status, as well as free medical insurance for all. We already have drivers licenses for illegals.

And our homelessness continues to thrive without nary a concern. After all, most homeless are US citizens.

It's time to bail from this state after living here all my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration