Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 10:40 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
10 years then, that is your shortened path...ok, got it. What is the long path then?
I don't know if you replied to the wrong person. There is only one path and it already exist. Apply from your home country in a legal manner for residency. Too hard? Don't know how? Don't meet the criteria? Too bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 11:31 AM

62,934 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I don't know if you replied to the wrong person. There is only one path and it already exist. Apply from your home country in a legal manner for residency. Too hard? Don't know how? Don't meet the criteria? Too bad.

You're right. The path to coming here legally is applying from their own countries. It doesn't begin on our soil after coming here illegally. How is that fair to immigrants who came here the right way in the first place? Why should anyone get to jump ahead of the line? Another thing is that applying from their home countries we can weed out those we need and those we don't. We have annual quotas for legal immigration which is 1 million a year. Doesn't legalizing 12 million illegal aliens negate that sane quota? I won't even get started on a path to citizenship as that's even more bizarre.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Americans need their job back? What on Earth!? Who??? The unemployment rate of is like 3% and there are labor shortages everywhere. There is literally an available job for everyone who wants one and then thousands more to spare. Sorry but you lost me with that comment.

How about construction, landscaping, restaurant jobs? I don't care what the phoney unemployment rate is those Americans never got those jobs back from illegal aliens. I say it's phoney because many Americans stopped looking for work or are working two or more part time jobs and many on jobs they don't like but had to take to survive. They should get those jobs mentioned above back and illegal aliens who took them deported. That's the only fair and lawful thing to do.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:53 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're right. The path to coming here legally is applying from their own countries. It doesn't begin on our soil after coming here illegally. How is that fair to immigrants who came here the right way in the first place? Why should anyone get to jump ahead of the line? Another thing is that applying from their home countries we can weed out those we need and those we don't. We have annual quotas for legal immigration which is 1 million a year. Doesn't legalizing 12 million illegal aliens negate that sane quota? I won't even get started on a path to citizenship as that's even more bizarre.
Which they are also bypassing the vetting and merit requirements. They're there for a reason. We don't need a mass influx of poor uneducated unskilled people. No country in the world wants that.

Old 10-11-2018, 02:22 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,369,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Which they are also bypassing the vetting and merit requirements. They're there for a reason. We don't need a mass influx of poor uneducated unskilled people. No country in the world wants that.
Yeah I’m not aware of anyone who is advocating for opening the floodgates. I think we’re talking about the 11 million already here.

Old 10-11-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Yeah I’m not aware of anyone who is advocating for opening the floodgates. I think we’re talking about the 11 million already here.
That's what Max and I are talking about also. We don't want them legalized aka another amnesty or put on a path to citizenship we want them deported for the reasons we both mentioned.

Old 10-11-2018, 04:40 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,193 times
Quote:
Also, who is suggesting a shortened pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens? The only pathway I’ve heard being floated around is 10 years and this is after paying back taxes, demonstrating English proficency and knowledge of our nation’s history and laws and being an otherwise law abiding citizen....what is this shortened pathway you speak of?

Beto O'Rourke

Old 10-11-2018, 07:31 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Also, who is suggesting a shortened pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens? The only pathway I’ve heard being floated around is 10 years and this is after paying back taxes, demonstrating English proficency and knowledge of our nation’s history and laws and being an otherwise law abiding citizen....what is this shortened pathway you speak of?
That is called a shortened path.
Legals had to apply in their nation of origin...... Legals had to pass a background check...... Legals had to pass biometrics...... Legals have to sit through an interview...... Legals have to have a pretty spotless record..

The illegals snuck in breaking laws.... Illegals worked illegally breaking laws.... Illegals committed tax fraud/ evasion breaking laws..... Taxes? How are taxes determined? Kind of a guess? Wish I as a citizen could get away with that. No legal would be granted a VISA with the number of issues every illegal has.

Demonstrate they are law abiding? LMAO you are funny. Oh wait you were serious.. How can they demonstrate they are law abiding citizens with so many obvious crimes under their belt?

By the way have you ever seen the restrictions imposed upon a legal immigrant with under a temporary Permanent Resident card? Just about everything an illegal does daily would be grounds for revoking those green cards.
You know like working illegally. Committing misdemeanors or felonies. Like driving without a license or insurance. ID theft or fraud.
But hey I know why muddy the water with facts. The Obama attempt at amnesty was defeated and rightly so. It was a short cut to citizenship that absolutely ignored things that would have disqualified the millions who entered legally.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's what Max and I are talking about also. We don't want them legalized aka another amnesty or put on a path to citizenship we want them deported for the reasons we both mentioned.
You can wish it all you want but 11 million people aren’t getting deported. Until people can get past that we’ll never have a way forward and the system will remain broken.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:07 PM

Also, it costs ICE on average $11,000 to deport one person. Where do you plan on raising $121 billion to deport 11 million people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
View detailed profiles of: