Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 09:00 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,900,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
What money? Border Patrol finds a bunch crossing. Cuff em, load em on a bus, drive them back over, and release them.

A few hours work vs. years and years in the system.

Somehow I think my cost benefit analysis would win.
SO that they can turn right around and try it again three hours later???
Do you not think that we have to pay a ton of money doing what you suggest??

Old 10-10-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I would agree with all of what you said. Anyone related to them, as well, would immediately shipped back to their country of origin.
Ordinarily, I would not agree with your draconian suggestion. BUt things are SO far gone, that I have to agree.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Maybe if this stance would have been taken earlier in time, many of your ilk wouldn't be here today
All of MY ancestors came here legally.
And my immigrant wife did it legally, too.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:08 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
SO that they can turn right around and try it again three hours later???
Do you not think that we have to pay a ton of money doing what you suggest??
There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Look, if we want to stop the flow of illegals, it will require a multifaceted approach on many fronts. I am simply commenting on one aspect of it- initial interdiction.

There are already between 11 and 30 million illegals in this country. Are you going to throw them all in the court system and jail?

Old 10-10-2018, 09:13 AM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Nothing, because, for the most part, that will always be the punishment.

The fakey-fake blubbering about immigrant children in concentration-camp like conditions worked......same thing will be deployed if a crackdown is even thought about.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:15 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:
I think you should serve one year of HARD time for the first offense. If you come back in a second time, it's five years of hard time. The third time would get you twenty years.

No early release.

(I would give a slight break if you came into the country between at 18 or 19. No break if you're 20 and older).
Wimpy. I want Running Man on TV now.

very RINO

Old 10-10-2018, 09:16 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Ordinarily, I would not agree with your draconian suggestion. BUt things are SO far gone, that I have to agree.
Birthright citizenship should have been ended several decades ago. It is going to be the downfall of the Republic.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:28 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I probably should have given you a little time to correct the 4 grammatical errors in your short post before quoting you, but I wanted to make a point. ;D All in fun.

2 generations ago, when roofs leaked, middle class men by and large got up on their roofs and patched them themselves, because it was too expensive to pay fellow citizens to do the job.

Then along came Juan, who could do it more cheaply so it was worth it to pay him rather than the homeowner doing it himself.

They're not so much putting citizens out of work. Rather, they're doing the work the homeowners would do for themselves except now it's cheaper to hire out.
Since I own a construction company I'll add to your story.

Then comes, let's say, Bill, who owns a construction company. Bill realizes that Juan and his friends will work like slaves for nothing because they're illegal. He fires his Americans and staffs most of his workers with Juan and his friends. Now Bill can bid big jobs slightly under what a contractor with American workers can to win the bid, pay Juan and his friends next to nothing, and pocket the extra. It's a win-win!

Bill now gets jobs Americans need, more money, and Juan and his friends become Bills, new slaves. Safety wise Bill's not worried that Juan and his friends don't do "great" work either, he just cares about the $$.

This is the reality, I live it. You're dreaming if you don't see the big picture. Illegals get abused, and a ton of Americans loose work. I haven't even scratched the surface as I'm just addressing construction.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:29 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
I think you should serve one year of HARD time for the first offense. If you come back in a second time, it's five years of hard time. The third time would get you twenty years.

No early release.

(I would give a slight break if you came into the country between at 18 or 19. No break if you're 20 and older).
For a minute there, I thought you were referring to the people who hire them.

I totally support prison for people who hire illegal aliens.

I don't support it for illegal aliens unless they repeatedly come into the US after being expelled from the country. Too many people in our prisons already and the prison-industrial complex is an overgrown industry.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:31 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,778 times
Now, the punishment??? Well, I think we need to look into why they're flooding over here. The government should focus on foreign relations. Trump is now scratching the surface ridding us of NAFTA which was a big reason Mexicans lost money and had to find work elsewhere. He's starting on Venezuela now.

Those who hire them need jail time.

They're running from poverty, they won't mind an American prison as their life is hell. The rest of them are cartel and MM. They are used to it, and they should be back in jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration