Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 01:44 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,867,830 times

Advertisements

1. Forfeiture all of all assets to help offset the cost of their deportation and legal expenses associated with deporting them.
2.If entered illegally, permanent ban.

3. If over stay $100.00 per day of over stay. 1 year ban for every month of over stay.

4. If working illegally prison 1 week for every week in country illegally. Hard labor building border wall.

Old 10-10-2018, 01:45 AM

10,190 posts, read 15,891,062 times
Ideally anyone caught in the act of crossing the border illegally should just be shot. I know that would be unconstitutional so I won't openly advocate that though i WISH we could do that.

I'm honestly okay, though with allowing a DACA recipient to stay IN EXCHANGE for their illegal parents presenting themselves for deportation.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:18 AM

22,418 posts, read 11,941,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
No, it won't work. I don't believe that illegals want to be imprisoned, it is non-sense that you even mention it. Every time laws get tougher the only effect they have is more people in jail, not less crime. Imprisonment is a form of punishment, not a preventive measure. This is not only a historical fact, it is obvious common sense.

As for the pain caused by immigrants I don't know exactly what you mean. If you mean the crimes a tiny percent of immigrants commit, they are put in jail, serve time and then deported, so that's good. If you mean the pain caused by lowering wages, I have absolutely no sympathy. Developed countries are ripping off poor countries. They are kept producing low priced raw materials and they can't even set their own prices for what they sell, in exchange for heavily subsidies products from developed countries that cost a lot more.
Per the bolded --- The topic is illegal aliens, not immigrants. Plus, all illegal aliens are criminals. They become criminals when they sneak across the border or overstay a visa.

It's absolutely despicable and disgusting for you to say you have no sympathy for those who have lost their livelihoods due to illegal immigration

Old 10-10-2018, 03:25 AM

18,435 posts, read 7,070,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Park around the corner from me "closes" at dusk. You tellin' me I can go chill on the teeter totter without the fuzz putting me in a cage?

After all, I own it.

You don't own it individually.

But that doesn't mean that it's not public property.

Public property is subject to rules that help insure that it remains useable by everyone.

Otherwise you could arbitrarily decide to build a factory on it and it would no longer be useable as public property.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:11 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,837,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
you should be sentenced to be maxine waters' butler.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:15 AM

45,175 posts, read 26,383,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Ideally anyone caught in the act of crossing the border illegally should just be shot. I know that would be unconstitutional so I won't openly advocate that though i WISH we could do that.
If we had a society based on private property rights, you could very well do that. And all borders should be private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I'm honestly okay, though with allowing a DACA recipient to stay IN EXCHANGE for their illegal parents presenting themselves for deportation.
Another family values GOP'er?

Old 10-10-2018, 06:15 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,837,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Fair enough!

My official response to the question:

1. There is no such thing as an illegal alien.

Only illegal Earthlings.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:17 AM

45,175 posts, read 26,383,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyKay44 View Post
I'd like to see us insert them with some type of unremovable biological chip that poisons them if they illegally return to the US after they're intitialy expelled and sent back to their own countries.
Because such technology would never be used by the fed guv against US citizens?

Old 10-10-2018, 06:34 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,890,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Good to know you don't believe in a such a thing as an invader, intruder or trespasser on your property, since the illegal aliens can live at your place.
I dont agree with that poster, but you're really going to pretend you dont understand his perspective? He was very clear and precise with his beliefs.

The US's problem to me is pretty obvious, we dont have the manpower to enforce our rules of law. From local police departments to ICE to USCIS, none are properly funded or staffed. The US has plenty of laws and our immigration system is fine, there are $50K fines for employers using illegal labor. The same is true for the IRS, they need to be properly funded and staffed to have enough agents to investigate and go after law breakers.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:45 AM

27,496 posts, read 28,581,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Because already having the largest prison population in the history of planet earth isnt good enough
No other rich, western country has as many lower class minorities as the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration