Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2018, 01:43 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,445,390 times

Advertisements

I think many armed Americans will converge on our border to stop this mob. We can't let them in. It would send the wrong message, and soon we'd have many more mobs coming from all over the globe.

I'd like to see this caravan return home to overthrow their own government. We Americans would probably give them weapons and assistance.

We cannot afford to buckle on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 01:47 PM

42,783 posts, read 26,085,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I think many armed Americans will converge on our border to stop this mob. We can't let them in. It would send the wrong message, and soon we'd have many more mobs coming from all over the globe.

I'd like to see this caravan return home to overthrow their own government. We Americans would probably give them weapons and assistance.

We cannot afford to buckle on this.
Are you serious? Do you think the feds are going to allow a bunch of yahoos to occupy the border and 'fight off' these people

Old 10-25-2018, 02:28 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,445,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Are you serious? Do you think the feds are going to allow a bunch of yahoos to occupy the border and 'fight off' these people
Yeah, I'm serious! You got any better suggestions on how to stop the nightmare coming our way? Armed Americans aren't the problem. Trump hasn't convinced America that these people will be stopped by our military. No doubt they'll have orders not to shoot no matter what happens.

America has had enough illegal immigration. Americans willing to defend their country from a foreign invasion are not "yahoos". They are patriots. Things like this don't go all hunky-dory and by the book.

There doesn't need to be any fighting. And there doesn't need to be any shooting. A overwhelming and determined show of force may be all that's necessary. All we want is for them to leave. That's all. Just go home!

But if they proceed to push, shove and rush passed our rank and file....

Old 10-25-2018, 02:29 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,274,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Why do you resist controlling immigration so much? You question and critize to avail, even defend laws to protect illegal aliens. Why?

Old 10-25-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Why do you resist controlling immigration so much? You question and critize to avail, even defend laws to protect illegal aliens. Why?
Please quit trying to twist my words into something that fits your narrative. Laws are what they are, they are what we go by until and unless they are changed. You are irritated because I refuse to play this childish game of pretending that we can resort to all sorts of extrajudicial actions to deal with illegal immigration when they are clearly unlawful and/or unconstitutional.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'm serious! You got any better suggestions on how to stop the nightmare coming our way? Armed Americans aren't the problem. Trump hasn't convinced America that these people will be stopped by our military. No doubt they'll have orders not to shoot no matter what happens.

America has had enough illegal immigration. Americans willing to defend their country from a foreign invasion are not "yahoos". They are patriots. Things like this don't go all hunky-dory and by the book.

There doesn't need to be any fighting. And there doesn't need to be any shooting. A overwhelming and determined show of force may be all that's necessary. All we want is for them to leave. That's all. Just go home!

How about this, you show up at the border and fight off the hordes of invaders and live blog it for us?

Old 10-25-2018, 02:57 PM

1,059 posts, read 827,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What part of we don't have jobs for these people don't these bleeding hearts get? What does it matter if one is hard working if we don't have jobs for them? More people means more demands on our social and natural resources also. That goes for both illegal aliens and those trying to claim asylum in our country.

There is nothing rational nor fair to have another massive amnesty and one reason is that Americans need their jobs back. Legalizing them does not "control" it. It just changes from calling them illegal to legal. They would still be here!
In California, our housing and cost of living is the highest in the country. We also do not have enough land, water and other resources. On top of that, we have the highest homelessness population in the US. So... are we supposed to ignore American and California citizens to allow other countries' poor and illiterate into the country on the taxpayers' backs? Tell that to the 14 million US children living in poverty through no fault of their own, not to mention the children living in foster care.

I don't get it, and have never heard a viable argument in support of importing illegal aliens.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:59 PM

15,755 posts, read 7,562,458 times
Quote:

Unintended Consequences of US Immigration Policy: Explaining the Post-1965 Surge from Latin America
"The framing of immigration as a “crisis” and the increasing use of martial imagery were actively promulgated by immigration officials. In 1976, for example, the Commissioner of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) published an article in Reader’s Digest entitled “Illegal Aliens: Time to Call a Halt!” in which he told readers that “when I became commissioner [of the INS] in 1973, we were out-manned, under-budgeted, and confronted by a growing, silent invasion of illegal aliens. Despite our best efforts, the problem—critical then—now threatens to become a national disaster” (Chapman 1976: 188). Similarly, in 1992 the Chief of the San Diego Sector of the Border Patrol, Gustavo de la Viña, filmed and released a video entitled “Border Under Siege,” which in one vivid scene showed migrants scrambling over cars and dodging traffic on Interstate 5 to enter the United States without inspection in and around the San Ysidro Port of Entry, then the country’s busiest border crossing (Rotella 1998).

Politicians quickly discovered the political advantages to be gained by demonizing Latino immigrants and illegal migration. Ronald Reagan, for example, asserted that illegal immigration was a question of “national security,” and in a 1986 speech he told Americans that “terrorists and subversives are just two days’ driving time from [the border crossing at] Harlingen, Texas” (Kamen 1990). In his 1992 reelection campaign, California Governor Pete Wilson called on Congress to “stop the invasion” and borrowed footage from “Border Under Siege” for a series of attack ads. As images of migrants dashing through traffic rolled, a narrator intoned, “they keep coming. Two million illegal immigrants in California. The federal government won’t stop them at the border yet requires us to pay billions to take care of them” (Massey, Durand, and Malone 2002: 89).

The media discovered that the trope of a border under siege made for dramatic copy and good visuals and happily played handmaiden to aspiring politicians and bureaucrats." my bold for emphasis

Old 10-25-2018, 03:13 PM

15,755 posts, read 7,562,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
In California, our housing and cost of living is the highest in the country. We also do not have enough land, water and other resources. On top of that, we have the highest homelessness population in the US. So... are we supposed to ignore American and California citizens to allow other countries' poor and illiterate into the country on the taxpayers' backs? Tell that to the 14 million US children living in poverty through no fault of their own, not to mention the children living in foster care.

I don't get it, and have never heard a viable argument in support of importing illegal aliens.
The only viable argument that would support is proof, the migrants come with money.

Old 10-25-2018, 03:52 PM

22,355 posts, read 11,881,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post

Politicians quickly discovered the political advantages to be gained by demonizing Latino immigrants and illegal migration.
I considered reading your link but after you posted some excerpts, I have to thank you from keeping me from wasting my time. The excerpts show that this is very biased and pro-illegal immigration.

No one is "demonizing Latino immigrants". However, illegal immigrants, no mater where in the world they come from, deserve to be "demonized". None of these people have any business being here and all of them need to leave. Just as if you were in another country illegally, the citizens would be demonizing you and demanding that you leave.

We do need a moratorium on legal immigration. For decades, we have been allowing 1 million legal immigrants in on an annual basis. While I applaud those who come here legally and patiently wait their turn to come, 1 million immigrants coming here on an annual basis is not sustainable. We don't have unlimited potable water and buildable land. Not to mention, that the US is deeply in debt. We aren't even taking proper care of our veterans and not enough help is available for the homeless and mentally ill. We have no business adding more people when we can't take care of our own needy. As for illegals, why are we importing poverty? It makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration