Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 02:07 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,715,999 times

Advertisements

Our 3rd Person in line for president (Nancy Pelosi) serves San Francisco and is one of the most liberal people in the entire country. She supports no border between Mexico and the US period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 02:59 AM

493 posts, read 640,551 times
I think Illegals will prefer Los Angeles and Santa Ana because of the condo units that illegal families can squeeze masses into...I don't think they are going to be going for Victorians or $1300/Month studios in old sf...I think its much too expensive and unfortunately the leadership there is so "crazy liberal" not the good ole' fashion jimi hendrix lovin' liberal that it wants to attract the illegals...I would demand an end to that crap...I hope sf residents will stand up to their city government and christian bale lookalike mayor

Old 04-06-2008, 03:16 AM

We need to VOTE in a law that is like that one that was passed by Oklahoma. If only we could get that on the ballot as a proposition (dreaming) that would prohibit ANYONE from helping an illegal outside of an emergency situation. I would love that to happen in California. Im generating some ideas here........

Old 04-06-2008, 03:58 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,236,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Yea I wonder as well. $4,000 a month for a 3 bedroom 2 bath?
Although SF is expensive, 4000 gets you a 3bd2ba in a reasonable area verses something outside Nob Hill, Pac Heights where Illegals would not feel comfortable living. BTW, 3bd3ba is also a rare commodity. Many use the dining room and living room as a bedroom.

Most people in SF do not have such large families. It is a young person's town where 4 or 5 people share a place. Or non family (gay) community so a studio is perfectly acceptable.

Many Latinos live in the Mission District which is huge and accommodating to them. Rents can be sub 1500.

If you do not live in a tight Urban setting, it may be difficult for you to understand the draw, convenience, practicality etc. Living in a suburb on an acre with a 3000 sq ft house is not practical for illegals.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:40 AM

1,268 posts, read 1,143,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
Although SF is expensive, 4000 gets you a 3bd2ba in a reasonable area verses something outside Nob Hill, Pac Heights where Illegals would not feel comfortable living. BTW, 3bd3ba is also a rare commodity. Many use the dining room and living room as a bedroom.

Most people in SF do not have such large families. It is a young person's town where 4 or 5 people share a place. Or non family (gay) community so a studio is perfectly acceptable.

Many Latinos live in the Mission District which is huge and accommodating to them. Rents can be sub 1500.

If you do not live in a tight Urban setting, it may be difficult for you to understand the draw, convenience, practicality etc. Living in a suburb on an acre with a 3000 sq ft house is not practical for illegals.
However.. thats exactly what the hell they did. They bought these huge houses in attempt to "rent out rooms" to their fellow family members and still lost their homes.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:00 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,587,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
Look at it THIS way...if you worked all week mowing lawns, you wouldn't want to live in a suburb EITHER....
ALSO....living in an 'urban' setting is fairly easy without owning a car. In a suburban setting, it's pretty tough. And MANY illegals (in MY experience) don't own cars. They ride with friends, ride buses, ride bikes, or walk.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:14 PM

I want to help hand out fliers!!! Give me some, and I will pass them around Orange County as a volunteer. Where can I sign up!?!?!?

Old 04-07-2008, 12:15 PM

16,427 posts, read 22,256,966 times
As for me, I am boycotting San Francisco. It was already high on my list of pariahs for it's illegal ban on firearms and promotion of homosexuality.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:36 PM

36,699 posts, read 67,760,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I just feel sorry for all the other California residents who have to pay for San Francisco's "compassion". State aid helps pay for charity care in hospitals. State aid helps pay for education in the poor districts. It is not only the residents of San Francisco who are penalized for this disgraceful behavior, it's the entire state.
Wrong.

The Bay Area is the richest and most prosperous region in California, by some margin at that. What this means is that we pay the most state taxes and our money helps the others-definitely not vice versa.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:37 PM

36,699 posts, read 67,760,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
As for me, I am boycotting San Francisco. It was already high on my list of pariahs for it's illegal ban on firearms and promotion of homosexuality.
What a shame that you would deprive yourself of such a wonderful place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration