Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 05:48 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,519,605 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhgfOSxuHvs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 08:00 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times
I think in time Trump's policy of not allowing border jumpers to declare amnesty will be accepted by both parties.
The border may become less militarized in the future. Hopefully, border jumpers will be held in tent cities where they will wait to be deported.
And The Supreme Court will find in favor of the Trump administration.

I don't know how the chain of command works insofar as it concerns the governor of Oregon and her decision to disobey orders to provide troops. But if I were Trump I would have legal people look at it and if there was a way, I would make an example out of that governor. And it would not be pretty for her. he has absolutely nothing to lose by prosecuting her, and 60% of America would cheer him on as he did so.
But I don't know if it is possible.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:15 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Check the date on that video.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:12 PM

3,838 posts, read 1,787,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I think in time Trump's policy of not allowing border jumpers to declare amnesty will be accepted by both parties.
The border may become less militarized in the future. Hopefully, border jumpers will be held in tent cities where they will wait to be deported.

I don't know how the chain of command works insofar as it concerns the governor of Oregon and her decision to disobey orders to provide troops. But if I were Trump I would have legal people look at it and if there was a way, I would make an example out of that governor. And it would not be pretty for her. he has absolutely nothing to lose by prosecuting her, and 60% of America would cheer him on as he did so.
But I don't know if it is possible.
What is Kate Brown doing? Do you have a link?

Old 11-11-2018, 09:34 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
What is Kate Brown doing? Do you have a link?
As of April 4, 2018, she has promised to refuse to send Oregon National Guard troops to the Mexican border if she was ordered to do so by President Trump.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...nal-guard-ord/

I wish someone would chime in who has some knowledge of how this works legally. With Trump being Commander in Chief, Gov Brown may not have the authority to refuse his order - or maybe she does. Or maybe the order may be given to the military chain of command, and she will be powerless to stop it. So I don't know how all that works.

She is, in effect, crossing the Rubicon in reverse. Julius Caesar was forbidden by law from bringing his troops across the Rubicon into Rome, but he did so anyway. It worked out just fine for him - at least for a few years - and it may work out just fine for The Guv.
But if she is allowed to refuse an order to go to work, will she be allowed to give an order to attack whom she pleases?

Old 11-11-2018, 01:09 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
These foreign LOSERS need to march on their own elite/military leaders/politicians and wealthy instead of being coward baby wavers hiding behind their children.

If it's so bad why do these morons keep pumping out kids they can't/won't take care of?

Old 11-11-2018, 08:50 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Check the date on that video.
Published on Apr 5, 2018

Central American migrant caravans

"There have also been smaller unrelated caravans in previous years and a larger unofficial caravan in the fall of 2018.

<snip>
A week before the 2018 midterm elections, the US Government sent 5,200 active-duty soldiers to the US-Mexico border to "harden" it with the 2,100 National Guard troops already present."

Trying to figure out what it is that caught your eye ...

Old 11-11-2018, 08:57 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
As of April 4, 2018, she has promised to refuse to send Oregon National Guard troops to the Mexican border if she was ordered to do so by President Trump.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...nal-guard-ord/

I wish someone would chime in who has some knowledge of how this works legally. With Trump being Commander in Chief, Gov Brown may not have the authority to refuse his order - or maybe she does. Or maybe the order may be given to the military chain of command, and she will be powerless to stop it. So I don't know how all that works.

She is, in effect, crossing the Rubicon in reverse. Julius Caesar was forbidden by law from bringing his troops across the Rubicon into Rome, but he did so anyway. It worked out just fine for him - at least for a few years - and it may work out just fine for The Guv.
But if she is allowed to refuse an order to go to work, will she be allowed to give an order to attack whom she pleases?
He might can pull a page from the Obama playbook and threaten to withhold federal funds if he doesn't get his way.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:43 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:

The tent city needs to be on the Mexican side of the border where Mexico will have to house and feed them.
No one and I mean no one has the right to enter the US without the proper paper work. (visa/green card)

Old 11-12-2018, 07:50 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,432,923 times
Excellent Video. Thank you much! Meet that Caravan with Force!! Thank you President Trump!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration