Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2006, 06:07 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,680,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
ok i shall leave this forum
You do not need to leave, just because your views differ, this is america after all.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:09 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,470,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
You do not need to leave, just because your views differ, this is america after all.
Thank you Nea you are very kind and have been great to debate with.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:12 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,680,349 times
Quote:
Thank you Nea you are very kind and have been great to debate with.
You too, it just proves people can disagree without being nasty!!!

Old 12-19-2006, 06:38 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,497,736 times
Quote:
Don't make me roast this quote.
30 million criminals, Jim if you make another racism comment one more time, I won't comment on your quotes. These are good decent people who need money and security. As in every race, there are always a few, few bad apples.

If you want to call it a racist comment go ahead, I see it as the plain and simple truth. When people come into our country illegal they are criminals, no matter what the color of their skin may be. There is a Federal Law on the books that's been there since 1929 that will back up every thing I just said.

There are millions of illegals in this country and every single one of them is a criminal by law. If you would like to read the law I will be more than happy to post it for you. If you call criminals "good decent people" I think you have your priorities out of whack.

I you hire these people to work like you stated in another post, then you are breaking the law just as well. No wonder you uphold for these people so much...CHEAP LABOR... When I call these illegals criminals it's a plain fact, not a racist remark, a federal law will back me up on that.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:36 PM

603 posts, read 1,997,212 times
The reality is that all these people coming over are mostly uneducated, poor, and speak no English. As compassionate people, we understand that they are coming to the US to make a better life for themsevles and their families. But, the problem is that America cannot absorb 3 million uneducated, un-skilled, poor, non-English speaking people every year. It's simple economics. This reality is plain and simple when we see how many hospitals have closed because they have to provide free healthcare to these individuals. We've seen schools broken because they cannot afford the costs of educating these people as non-native speakers. We've seen the crime and drugs come into once quiet communities (not saying these are bad people, but in any poor neighborhood crime is a pervasive problem and we are only importing more of it). We've seen how many of our local businesses and governments are bending over backwards, spending millions of dollars trying to provide bilingual services. Americans are at a breaking point right now. This is going to be a HUGE issue in the election in 2008 and people are really getting furious that nobody is taking them seriously in DC. Fining the businesses that hire illegals is the only solution to really solve the problem, but a fence wouldn't hurt either.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:51 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,456,622 times
Quote:
Homeless will do anything they can, they are not picky!!! it doesnt matter if there are enough to fill all the jobs, the fact is to hire them FIRST.
Shock of all shockers, I am agreeding with Nea1 and I think hiring the homeless is an excellent idea. The only problem is a lot of them are not in a place to do that work that day. A good share are SMI, substance abusers, or in dire straights. At a minimum, they need a place to get cleaned up and a few days to regroup. When I volunteered at CASS, anyone I saw would be no one prepared to work that same day. In a perfect world, we'd have the resources here in this city to help each one. Now, some don't want the work and that's another issue.

I knew this guy, bless his heart, who would faithfully show up each day to volunteer. He was on the streets, but showed up each day to do his unpaid job. I once asked him if he aspired to anything else (without being insensitive) and he said he was happy with what he was doing.

Now having said all this, I have to add something else. It's great to hire the homeless but I wouldn't invite them to do your yardwork. My BF works with them day in and day out, and he says one has to be very careful in terms of trust levels.

Last edited by movin'on; 12-19-2006 at 08:38 PM..

Old 12-19-2006, 07:59 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,456,622 times
Quote:
ok i shall leave this forum
Please don't, you are a very kind soul. Sometimes a person just needs to "toughen up" a bit to be on forums and especially around politics. (((Hugs))).

Old 12-19-2006, 08:58 PM

311 posts, read 618,730 times
Quote:
The people and those hiring them are the issue.
Great statement! But we need to also add the politicians that want to hand out more money, services, aid, etc.......

Old 12-19-2006, 09:05 PM

311 posts, read 618,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
If you want to call it a racist comment go ahead, I see it as the plain and simple truth. When people come into our country illegal they are criminals, no matter what the color of their skin may be. There is a Federal Law on the books that's been there since 1929 that will back up every thing I just said.

There are millions of illegals in this country and every single one of them is a criminal by law. If you would like to read the law I will be more than happy to post it for you. If you call criminals "good decent people" I think you have your priorities out of whack.

I you hire these people to work like you stated in another post, then you are breaking the law just as well. No wonder you uphold for these people so much...CHEAP LABOR... When I call these illegals criminals it's a plain fact, not a racist remark, a federal law will back me up on that.
Yes!! Why is it so hard for people to understand the word ILLEGAL?? These people break the law to get here (and I don't think it is always for the jobs, they are well aware of the freebies here) and in so many cases, they break the law again in another type of criminal act.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:08 PM

421 posts, read 349,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney View Post
Great statement! But we need to also add the politicians that want to hand out more money, services, aid, etc.......

I know and who are these politicians that won't. I was discouraged to find out today that Guiliani is not anti-illegal Immigration. AUGH!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration