Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support or oppose Illegal Immigrant rights?
No. Illegal is illegal period! 181 81.53%
Yes. They are human too. 37 16.67%
No opinion. 4 1.80%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 09:50 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,223,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I have asked the poster in question - on the boards, and through DM's, why she refuses to answer certain questions - like the one you raised. She has, essentially indicated that she sees no need to -

The fact is, those taken into custody (illegals) ARE treated with respect - their medical needs are met. They are clothed - housed - fed. They are kept in clean and sanitary enviornments. Their transportation is also clean and safe.
Hell: if one wants to see 'mean spirited' people re: mistreating illegal immigrants-------------ask the Guatemalans crossing through Mexico illegally to the USA.

And; the flaming irony was that Guatemala was once part of post 1821 Mexico as well----------yet, Mx does not appear to want the former country back.

Unless because Guatemala is too much like mexico; poor, crooked, etc. whereas our American Southwest is affluent and has the rule of law.

If I were Mexico: I would be scared at the prospect of Nuevo Leon pulling a 'Texas Republic 1836' and breaking away then petitioning to join the USA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 12:05 PM

16,086 posts, read 41,253,423 times
I don't think the ire of citizens would be raised so much if the illegals would at least follow the laws once they start living in the USA..instead they keep breaking law after law and nobody will stop them for fear of being called racist.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:17 PM

27,200 posts, read 46,767,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
Wolves travel in packs and illegals live 10-20 to a house here and at home, so whose fault is that?
The market.

Think of how much money you could SAVE if you shared your home with 9 other people, each paying only 10% of the expenses for rent and utilities.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:37 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,534,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The market.

Think of how much money you could SAVE if you shared your home with 9 other people, each paying only 10% of the expenses for rent and utilities.
People who don't come from 3rd world countries will have a hard time adopting that rationale. We are civilized here, so sorry.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:22 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,143,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
People who don't come from 3rd world countries will have a hard time adopting that rationale. We are civilized here, so sorry.
Your saying extended family's don't exist among Americans?

Old 04-10-2008, 02:24 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,100,020 times
Maybe this link will answer some of your questions, I doubt it.

Home-Truth in Immigration (http://www.truthinimmigration.org/Home.aspx - broken link)

Old 04-10-2008, 04:04 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,534,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
No, those are your words. You seem to have a history for not understanding my posts.

I am saying that Americans are not going to start living like sardines to save a buck or two. We have zoning and occupancy laws for a reason - I just wish our local powers-that-be would bother to enforce them so we can stop the news stories of people dying in converted garages and illegal lean-tos that were never permitted.

How you conclude that has anything to do with whether someone has an extended family is beyond me. I have plenty of extended family - we just don't all live crammed into the same house.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
I'm an American, born here, parents born here, grandparents born here, all the way up the chain...

we predate the Civil War...

but I see nothing wrong with splitting rents with a LARGE number of people...as long as you can trust those other people, of course, which you shouldn't.

But other than the trust issue, I see NOTHING wrong with it.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:

How you conclude that has anything to do with whether someone has an extended family is beyond me. I have plenty of extended family - we just don't all live crammed into the same house.
Why not?

What's wrong with it? Americans lived that way for quite a long while...some Amish still do.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:37 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,878,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
It does but here it doesn't require four or five families living in the same one family house.

It's a problem when Mexicans move in and they've got 10 adults and 25 children in a small house and park their cars in the front yard because the driveway can only hold 3 cars. Combined they might come up with the property taxes but not paying their fair share because they're paying the tax of one family but using the schools in excess numbers.

It's like you see in apartment fires when occupancy levels are far exceeded. It's dangerous, and it's also one of the big reasons for the high TB levels, you got 30 people breathing the air that normally 4 or 5 people might breathe. It's also bad on property values because when a real estate agent brings by prospective buyers and they see that they'd be living next door to a house so overcrowded they won't buy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration