Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support or oppose Illegal Immigrant rights?
No. Illegal is illegal period! 181 81.53%
Yes. They are human too. 37 16.67%
No opinion. 4 1.80%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 01:56 PM

18,475 posts, read 19,117,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Yet illegals seem to be the only ones granted these "rights" without the responsibilities that go with those rights.

How convenient for them.
you could say the same thing about minor children. in the US everyone has the right to a fair trial for example, would you rather we didn't give that right to non citizens or undocumented folks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 05:21 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,109,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
1751 has said it well. all people in the US are granted certain rights, no matter what their status.
Stuff 'em in shipping containers and hitch 'em up to a southbound train. If it's good enough for them to travel north that way, it's good enough to send 'em back the same way.

End of story.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:26 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,492,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanishstudent013 View Post
Its funny you guys all like to talk smack bout illegal immigrants. check yourself before you wreck yourself.

All people in this dam country are ignorant. You guys need to start researching on your ancestors. hold up wait. hmm . werent they illegal too. Not only Mexico you guys!!! People come here from different countries to come here in America.

So dont talk about Mexico if you guys dont know what are you talking about ,. kayyy thanks.

Yeah well there is a difference between legally and Unlawfully. My ancestors yes came to this Country from Italy, many many many years ago, DIFFERENCE BEING, THEY DID IT BY LEGAL MEANS. LEARNED THE LANGUAGE, GOT JOBS, DID NOT EXPECT ANYTHING FOR NOTHING!

Those who are ignorant are those who see no problem with illegals breaking our laws, and coming to this Country, illegally, those are the ignorant ones. Those who turn their back, while illegals are commiting crimes in this Country, i did not say Americans i said illegals! and you turn a blinds eye to the problem, that is being ignorant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:s mack:

Old 02-15-2011, 05:29 PM

We cannot invade other Countries as Americans illegally, why should anyone be able to do so here. No way, illegally, we do not need the pain, the money, the crime, they want a better life so dang bad, they can do it the legal way.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Stuff 'em in shipping containers and hitch 'em up to a southbound train. If it's good enough for them to travel north that way, it's good enough to send 'em back the same way.

End of story.
this would fall under cruel and unusual punishment, something all people in the US are protected against by the USC

Old 02-15-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Almost never are foreigners given the full rights of citizenship, not in any country. For example, did they hand you an IFE card? Every Mexican is entitled to one of those but I'll bet you don't have one.

Oh malamute; what a very good valid genuine point. And true, factual. Foreigners or Americans in any other Country are never given full rights of citizenship, as citizens of the Country would be. I have friends who live and work in Mexico for now, Americans do not get this privlege.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:07 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,606,331 times
As far as I’m concerned, if foreigners don't have enough respect for our country to enter with permission and obey our laws, the only “right” they deserve is the right to be humanely deported.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
As far as I’m concerned, if foreigners don't have enough respect for our country to enter with permission and obey our laws, the only “right” they deserve is the right to be humanely deported.
I can go along with being deported but if someone was here even illegally and accused of a crime they didn't commit I would still like to see them have the right to a lawyer and a fair trail.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:16 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,547,309 times
The only rights the illegals should have are:

the right to return to the land of their birth (with ALL of their children),
the right to leave voluntarily and take all assets with them, or
the right to be forcefully deported with all assets taken from them to pay for deportation.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:44 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,109,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
this would fall under cruel and unusual punishment, something all people in the US are protected against by the USC
It would not be meant as punishment but just an effective and efficient means to get them out and discourage repeated returns as is now the problem. Stop putting so much feeling into this. Would you agonize so much over ridding your home of cockroaches or would you look for a way to eliminate them and the problems that their presence brings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration