Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 06:54 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Why do liberals care more about letting in hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens when we have so many of our own homeless American citizens in this country that need housing and help? Especially homeless veterans who need help. Why are radicalized leftists putting illegal aliens before homeless veterans and homeless Americans?? This is appalling. Is it not? ever been to a subsidized housing complex in America somewhere? Ever notice how many South American families who speak no English are living in them here in the states?? Seattle has a ton of these such subsidized housing complexes. Yet why are there thousands of homeless American citizens living on the streets in Seattle for example? why aren't they being housed in these subsidized housing complexes across America??
Why do you accept the rhetoric of conservative media? We all know it’s a sham. I’m looking at you Breitbart, Fox News, Limbaugh, Coulter, Ingraham et al. I understand free speech and all but I wish more people could see it for the BS propaganda it is. It’s tearing our country apart.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:13 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Why do you accept the rhetoric of conservative media? We all know it’s a sham. I’m looking at you Breitbart, Fox News, Limbaugh, Coulter, Ingraham et al. I understand free speech and all but I wish more people could see it for the BS propaganda it is. It’s tearing our country apart.

What so-called propaganda are you speaking of?

Old 12-06-2018, 07:23 PM

136 posts, read 80,665 times
Republicans/conservatives had control of the house, senate, and presidency for the last 2 years. They could have passed legislation that would have improved the lives of our many homeless, including military veterans. Instead, their big "win" was reducing taxes for the ultra-wealthy. As Trump said to his patrons at Mar-a-Lago "you all just got a lot richer." If liberals start voting against legislation that helps the homeless, then you can blame them. Until that happens, shut it.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What so-called propaganda are you speaking of?
Those which day in and day out perpetuate lies about ‘the left.’ Their only goal is to dupe people into getting sucked into their political propaganda machine and create anger and resentment.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Those which day in and day out perpetuate lies about ‘the left.’

Please name some.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:29 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Why do liberals care more about letting in hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens when we have so many of our own homeless American citizens in this country that need housing and help? Especially homeless veterans who need help. Why are radicalized leftists putting illegal aliens before homeless veterans and homeless Americans?? This is appalling. Is it not? ever been to a subsidized housing complex in America somewhere? Ever notice how many South American families who speak no English are living in them here in the states?? Seattle has a ton of these such subsidized housing complexes. Yet why are there thousands of homeless American citizens living on the streets in Seattle for example? why aren't they being housed in these subsidized housing complexes across America??
Prove that we care more about illegal immigrants than legal citizens.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:29 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Consider a hypothetical. Imagine a scenario in which we could magically end all illegal immigration.

Would American citizens who are homeless be placed in homes? Would all of that extra money go to providing affordable health insurance, or, better yet, a single-payer system? I don't think so.

I started a thread a few days ago to talk about my personal experience with Obamacare, for which I am extremely grateful. I am an American citizen, born and raised, and I have worked full-time and paid taxes for 36 years. In the past, I always had insurance through my job. However, I am in a position now in which my current employer does not offer health insurance. I turned to Obamacare and enrolled in a Bronze plan, which has the highest deductible ($8,000) and the lowest premium (less than a dollar a month with my subsidy).

Many posters who joined the thread were extremely cruel to me. I don't care what they think, so it's not a big deal, but they called me a moocher, a freeloader, etc.

This is how many conservatives and libertarians in the US feel about people who need a little help. If you can't afford health insurance, it's your own damn fault. You were irresponsible.

You seem to think that if we could just end illegal immigration we would take better care of our own.

Last edited by AguaDulce; 12-06-2018 at 07:38 PM..

Old 12-06-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Please name some.
Look at my previous post. You can add Hannity and Tucker Carlson to the list as well.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:32 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
An open-borders policy, then force their integration to divide and conquer Western civilization in North America.

It's all in the liberal handbook
But Mexico is in North America.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Consider a hypothetical. Imagine a scenario in which we could magically end all illegal immigration.

Would American citizens who are homeless be placed in homes? Would all of that extra money go to providing affordable health insurance, or, better yet, a single-payer system? I don't think so.

I started a thread a few days ago to talk about my personal experience with Obamacare, for which I am extremely grateful. I am an American citizen, born and raised, and I have worked full-time and paid taxes for 36 years. In the past, I always had insurance through my job. However, I am in a position now in which my current employer does not offer health insurance. I turned to Obamacare and enrolled in a Bronze plan, which has the highest deductible ($8,000) and the lowest premium (less than a dollar a month with my subsidy).

Many posters who joined the thread were extremely cruel to me. I don't care what they think, so it's not a big deal, but they called me a moocher, a freeloader, etc.

This is how many conservatives and libertarians in the US feel about people who need a little help. If you can't afford health insurance, it's your own damn fault. You were irresponsible.

The person you are replying to was speaking of illegal aliens getting help not U.S. citizens. As a conservative I have no problem with truly needy citizens getting some help but I sure do object to illegal aliens getting any help in our country and rightly so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration