Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 07:34 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
But Mexico is in North America.

North America is also made up of individual countries with borders, governments and the different cultures and languages of those countries. Mexico does not have the same identifying culture and language that the U.S. has.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:40 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The person you are replying to was speaking of illegal aliens getting help not U.S. citizens. As a conservative I have no problem with truly needy citizens getting some help but I sure do object to illegal aliens getting any help in our country and rightly so.
So you don't feel the need to tell me how irresponsible I am because I got a subsidy for my health insurance? Refreshing.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
An open-borders policy, then force their integration to divide and conquer Western civilization in North America.

It's all in the liberal handbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
North America is also made up of individual countries with borders, governments and the different cultures and languages of those countries. Mexico does not have the same identifying culture and language that the U.S. has.
I realize that.

I was responding to Mouser's amusing assertion.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Why do liberals care more about letting in hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens when we have so many of our own homeless American citizens in this country that need housing and help? Especially homeless veterans who need help. Why are radicalized leftists putting illegal aliens before homeless veterans and homeless Americans?? This is appalling. Is it not? ever been to a subsidized housing complex in America somewhere? Ever notice how many South American families who speak no English are living in them here in the states?? Seattle has a ton of these such subsidized housing complexes. Yet why are there thousands of homeless American citizens living on the streets in Seattle for example? why aren't they being housed in these subsidized housing complexes across America??
In answer to the question in the title of this thread, they don't.

You know, when you base a thread on a sweeping generalization like this, it seems kind of troll-ish.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:57 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
So you don't feel the need to tell me how irresponsible I am because I got a subsidy for my health insurance? Refreshing.

No, I don't if you are a U.S. citizen or legal immigrant with a legitimate need.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:57 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamppy View Post
Republicans/conservatives had control of the house, senate, and presidency for the last 2 years. They could have passed legislation that would have improved the lives of our many homeless, including military veterans. Instead, their big "win" was reducing taxes for the ultra-wealthy. As Trump said to his patrons at Mar-a-Lago "you all just got a lot richer." If liberals start voting against legislation that helps the homeless, then you can blame them. Until that happens, shut it.
No, they couldn't have passed such legislation when the dems were determined to block anything and everything proposed

Old 12-06-2018, 10:04 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Prove that we care more about illegal immigrants than legal citizens.
Well...for one, you dems are vehemently opposed to the wall, despite the fact that it has been pointed out many, many times by many, many people, with links to back it up, that walls do work. You vehemently oppose the wall even though the BP is already stretched thin. Dems seem to think that having one BP agent to protect 70 miles is adequate.

If dems supposedly care about American citizens, they why do they fight tooth and nail to protect illegal aliens? Why do they create sanctuary cities? Why don't they get behind legislation to end the whole anchor baby/birth tourism fiasco?

It's very clear that dems these days put illegals ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed American citizens. They have proven that time and time again when they fight against any legislation to end illegal immigration. Obama, for example, prohibited ICE from doing raids of businesses. He also told local police departments that whenever they arrest an illegal for committing a felonious crime, they need to bump down their crime to a misdemeanor. The twisted rationale for that is that if an illegal only has misdemeanors on his/her record, s/he will be eligible for amnesty.

Actions speak louder than words.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
No, they couldn't have passed such legislation when the dems were determined to block anything and everything proposed
Such a ridiculous statement on so many levels.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:13 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
It is about changing the Demographics, and installing more "Free Stuff Army" Democrat voters. The goal is one party Democrat rule.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:47 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Why do Republican businessmen believe so strongly in the need to hire illegal immigrants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration