Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 02:21 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times

Advertisements

Fools and their money soon parted. I expect a lot of angry people when these millions create nary a cinderblock.

Old 12-22-2018, 03:02 AM

4,150 posts, read 3,905,229 times
Build a wall around capitol hill so we can keep all the rats under wraps.

Old 12-22-2018, 03:04 AM

4,150 posts, read 3,905,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I think it's a brilliant idea. Let those who want the wall pay for it and let those who don't have their tax payer dollars get wasted some where else. I wouldn't be surprised if that money doesn't just disappear.
Great post

Old 12-22-2018, 06:36 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
Quote:
I think it's a brilliant idea. Let those who want the wall pay for it and let those who don't have their tax payer dollars get wasted some where else. I wouldn't be surprised if that money doesn't just disappear.
I have yet to hear a naysayer explain why the wall is bad for America. All we hear are insults, but no argument with substance. The wall is meant to keep out terrorists, drug and human smugglers and various human creepy crawlers of all types. The wall gives us control over who comes into our country. Why would any American be against that?

DAY SEVEN - Over 14 million.

Old 12-22-2018, 08:55 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
Finally the regulars on this board have an opportunity to put their money where their mouth is (or in this case, their busy typing fingers). Have you all donated your life savings yet?

Old 12-22-2018, 08:59 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Its going to take all of us to get this done!
Good luck with that. I read somewhere that at tis rate, the $1 billion will be raised sometime in 2048.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Finally the regulars on this board have an opportunity to put their money where their mouth is (or in this case, their busy typing fingers). Have you all donated your life savings yet?
Interesting question. I hear a lot of back slapping and hand clapping, but no one I have seen have said they donated.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:49 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I have yet to hear a naysayer explain why the wall is bad for America. All we hear are insults, but no argument with substance. The wall is meant to keep out terrorists, drug and human smugglers and various human creepy crawlers of all types. The wall gives us control over who comes into our country. Why would any American be against that?

DAY SEVEN - Over 14 million.

Well for one thing build the wall is rube rhetoric du jour meant for low information people who fall for emotional rhetoric and are easily swayed for votes. Mick Mulvaney, Trump's new temporary chief of staff has an excellent interview circulating on CNN, yep not so fake news when you hear it straight from the horses mouth. Listen to him explain why the wall is simplistic, absurd, and almost childish. When you're done with that I want you to read 10 Busiest U.S. - Mexico border truck crossings. It will blow your mind on how many trucks enter the USA every day from Mexico. Then I want you to read about how smugglers use semi trucks to transport illegal immigrants. These trucks are not screened well enough because the x-ray equipment breaks down and there isn't enough of them at entry points. I also want you to read an article in The Texas Tribune: Texas Smugglers Say Trump's Border Wall Wouldn't Stop Immigrants, Drugs From Pouring Across The Border. It's an excellent article and talks about the vulnerable areas in Texas where migrants cross, but it's just on small area of illegals coming in and the wall doesn't address the whole situation. It's an expensive band aide. If you were smuggling illegals which pays big time, which way would you do it? Walk across the desert for days or load up 100 people in a semi and drive across the border? Common sense right?

Now you have to ask yourself why in two years of total Republican control has the wall not been built?

So lets look at facts vs emotional uninformed rhetoric.

There are more than just Mexicans entering and staying in our country who are undocumented. The Republican's didn't build the wall why? Because they know it's nothing more than campaign B.S. other wise it would have been built. Mick Mulvaney sums that point up well in his 2015 interview. Now I have to ask you. If it was your money that you are going to spend on a ridiculously expensive wall that involves seizing property from American citizens and would be a nightmare of lawsuits to stop a hand full of illegals compared to what enters our country every day. Or. Do you spend that money wisely on more manpower and technology? I vote for using that money wisely and not to fulfill some rube rhetoric. Trump's desperation is showing because he's trying to preserve an ever cracking base. He doesn't care if he harms our country by shutting it down to do so. It's shameful.

Old 12-22-2018, 10:18 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,561,309 times
Quote:
Well for one thing build the wall is rube rhetoric du jour meant for low information people who fall for emotional rhetoric and are easily swayed for votes. Mick Mulvaney, Trump's new temporary chief of staff has an excellent interview circulating on CNN, yep not so fake news when you hear it straight from the horses mouth. Listen to him explain why the wall is simplistic, absurd, and almost childish. When you're done with that I want you to read 10 Busiest U.S. - Mexico border truck crossings. It will blow your mind on how many trucks enter the USA every day from Mexico. Then I want you to read about how smugglers use semi trucks to transport illegal immigrants. These trucks are not screened well enough because the x-ray equipment breaks down and there isn't enough of them at entry points. I also want you to read an article in The Texas Tribune: Texas Smugglers Say Trump's Border Wall Wouldn't Stop Immigrants, Drugs From Pouring Across The Border. It's an excellent article and talks about the vulnerable areas in Texas where migrants cross, but it's just on small area of illegals coming in and the wall doesn't address the whole situation. It's an expensive band aide. If you were smuggling illegals which pays big time, which way would you do it? Walk across the desert for days or load up 100 people in a semi and drive across the border? Common sense right?

Now you have to ask yourself why in two years of total Republican control has the wall not been built?

There are more than just Mexicans entering and staying in our country who are undocumented. The Republican's didn't build the wall why? Because they know it's nothing more than campaign B.S. other wise it would have been built. Mick Mulvaney sums that point up well in his 2015 interview. Now I have to ask you. If it was your money that you are going to spend on a ridiculously expensive wall that involves seizing property from American citizens and would be a nightmare of lawsuits to stop a hand full of illegals compared to what enters our country every day. Or. Do you spend that money wisely on more manpower and technology? I vote for using that money wisely and not to fulfill some rube rhetoric. Trump's desperation is showing because he's trying to preserve an ever cracking base. He doesn't care if he harms our country by shutting it down to do so. It's shameful.

lol remember you are trying to use the word "wisely" in the same sentence as Trump. that's an oxymoron.

anyhoo, hey I think it's great. if you want the wall, pay for it yourself. absolutely works for me.

Old 12-22-2018, 10:24 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
What, no donations from Mexican nationals?

LOL!

Old 12-22-2018, 04:24 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:

Psssst.... It's because it takes 60 votes in the Senate.
They covered that in the 6th grade. Pay attention next time.
It's been 5 days. 250,000 people have donated $15.2M. Do the math.
https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWal...n-OiGKR7EdadYM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration