Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 03:47 PM

62,950 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Unf-ckinging believable. Why do the idiots in the state keep voting for these morons?

I'm a Californian and I certainly don't. The problem is there are far more liberals in our state than conservatives. We are a blue state, unfortunately. We also have a large number of illegal aliens and their liberal and ethnocentric supporters who can vote and do for these morons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
While I agree something needs to be done, I totally get the sanctuary city issue.

If you have a portion of your population who are in constant fear of all law enforcement, that means they wont come forward when they're victims, or witnesses, or in actual fear for their lives. Women who are beaten or raped stay silent. Witnesses or victims of assault or robbery disappear or "forget". All these things undermine the local city as a whole. The cities are absolutely working in their own best interests to try and hold things together for their entire populations.

Criminals being shielded to supposedly rat on other criminals? I seriously doubt that those here illegally do that in any significant numbers. There was an incident up in the San Francisco where an illegal wasn't reported to ICE by local authorities but instead released back into our society and he killed a young woman. I'm sure there are other incidents like that also. I could have sworn we have aiding and abetting laws and it only takes a call to ICE by local authorities to do what is right.

By the way, these illegal aliens are nearly all guilty of felony ID theft or tax evasion at the very least. Sorry, I have no use for law breakers foreign or domestic.

Old 01-09-2019, 04:02 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Criminals being shielded to supposedly rat on other criminals? I seriously doubt that those here illegally do that in any significant numbers. There was an incident up in the San Francisco where an illegal wasn't reported to ICE by local authorities but instead released back into our society and he killed a young woman. I'm sure there are other incidents like that also. I could have sworn we have aiding and abetting laws and it only takes a call to ICE by local authorities to do what is right.
Surely you're not comparing a mother of a child who came to the US as an equivalent criminal to some gang-banging scumbag? The problem arises when the Police pick-up scumbag, and can't get anyone to come forward as a victim or a witness of said scumbag. No witness, no charge. No charge, no jail. Scumbag is cast back until he pops someone who will talk. It's not an elegant or even good solution, but it is better than the alternative. Now my understanding is that California is much worse about it than it is here in Texas, so definitely YMMV.

I'm all ears/open minded to any other solutions you have. Round them all up and deport 12 million at once in the great purge?

Old 01-09-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Surely you're not comparing a mother of a child who came to the US as an equivalent criminal to some gang-banging scumbag? The problem arises when the Police pick-up scumbag, and can't get anyone to come forward as a victim or a witness of said scumbag. No witness, no charge. No charge, no jail. Scumbag is cast back until he pops someone who will talk. It's not an elegant or even good solution, but it is better than the alternative. Now my understanding is that California is much worse about it than it is here in Texas, so definitely YMMV.

I'm all ears/open minded to any other solutions you have. Round them all up and deport 12 million at once in the great purge?

Of course not and where did I say that? The mother and child here illegally have no right to be here either though. Sanctuary cities are in violation of our laws. Aiding and abetting specifically. As I said, it is unlikely that most illegal aliens are reporting other criminals to the authorities to the point where it justifies protecting them from deportation.

No, I'm not for a mass roundup just deport them as they are found by the authorities instead of giving them sanctuary. Remove all of the incentives for them to remain here and many will self-deport. Build the wall to help deter more from getting into our country also

Old 01-10-2019, 07:09 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Quote:
Of course not and where did I say that? The mother and child here illegally have no right to be here either though. Sanctuary cities are in violation of our laws. Aiding and abetting specifically. As I said, it is unlikely that most illegal aliens are reporting other criminals to the authorities to the point where it justifies protecting them from deportation.

No, I'm not for a mass roundup just deport them as they are found by the authorities instead of giving them sanctuary. Remove all of the incentives for them to remain here and many will self-deport. Build the wall to help deter more from getting into our country also
I am also against sanctuary cities and all the benefits they are being provided. There are homeless, poor, uneducated, hungry Americans who no one cares about. For instance, there are 56K illegals in our federal prison system and more in state penitentiaries and $135B being spent of taxpayer $$ for immigrants coming into our southern borders. Other people coming from countries like Bolivia, Bangladesh, Belarus,, who have not committed a crime wait a decade to come to America LEGALLY. I have no respect for those who break the laws of this country nor those who hail them as heroes.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:58 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
If only we could build a wall around California! Then they could keep all the illegals and criminals to themselves- what a bunch of wackos that live there!

Old 01-10-2019, 08:35 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:

By the way, these illegal aliens are nearly all guilty of felony ID theft or tax evasion at the very least. Sorry, I have no use for law breakers foreign or domestic.
Totally agree. This is just another BS Democratic talking point.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:37 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:

Trump was willing to exchange getting a wall for giving the 'dreamers' a path to citizenship. He has said nothing about deporting 12 million people. The Democrats turned him down because they are trying to import their voters since they are losing blacks. He also wanted to end chain migration, which they also wouldn't budge on. This is on the Democrats.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:49 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Trump was willing to exchange getting a wall for giving the 'dreamers' a path to citizenship. He has said nothing about deporting 12 million people. The Democrats turned him down because they are trying to import their voters since they are losing blacks. He also wanted to end chain migration, which they also wouldn't budge on. This is on the Democrats.
None of that addresses the 12 million +/- illegals currently here. What's the solution? This is on everyone. The immigration reform can has been kicked down the road by every administration since Reagan.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:16 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
So very glad that I refused to move to California years ago with my family!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration