Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 03:06 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,133,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Well maybe she learned her lesson, that would be a plus.
What lesson is that?? Please tell me what is she supposed to learn after she exercised her freedom of speech during an school assignment only to be attacked for it by people who seem to support the breaking of our sovereign laws???

So if the marchers on May 1st are accosted, do you hope that they will learn their lesson too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 03:07 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,709,343 times
Yea, real nice!! There was nothing wrong with that sign, but sure seems to be something wrong with the kids that attacked her. What disturbs me more is to read people on here basically saying it was ok for them to attack her, sick.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:09 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,494,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
You took my post the wrong. Way. I'm saying she knew the consequences of having something so controversial like that in a class room. She did not heed the warning and as expected, she got hurt.
Her parents can either a)tell her that she is never again to express an un-PC opinion or b) remove her from that environment.
That is why I think she should either be homeschooled or sent to a private school. If she is 13 and realizes illegal immigration is a big loser for the average American, no doubt she is going to recognize other problems in our society, too. And she may have the audacity to comment on them. Who knows who she could offend next! If her fellow students simply cannot deal with this, put her someplace more civilized.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:10 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,145,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
What lesson is that?? Please tell me what is she supposed to learn after she exercised her freedom of speech during an school assignment only to be attacked for it by people who seem to support the breaking of our sovereign laws???

So if the marchers on May 1st are accosted, do you hope that they will learn their lesson too?
Yes, it means, don't come back. Besides, that already happened in L.A.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:11 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,671,227 times
Quote:

She was suppossed to have learned that other inflammatory issues can be dealt with (even in a middle school) rationally, but not illegal immigration.....apparently that hurts certain peoples feelings and then they are forced to lash out.

And if there is any violence where a protester is harmed during the May 1 march? Well, obviously that will have been a hate crime committed by a racist, xenophobic, bigot

Old 04-09-2008, 03:49 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,241,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
She was suppossed to have learned that other inflammatory issues can be dealt with (even in a middle school) rationally, but not illegal immigration.....apparently that hurts certain peoples feelings and then they are forced to lash out.

And if there is any violence where a protester is harmed during the May 1 march? Well, obviously that will have been a hate crime committed by a racist, xenophobic, bigot
I have a strong feeling that the upcoming May 1st pro illegal immigrant protests will fizzle.

There is too much anger in the air.

Remember too that in cities with large Black populations, there may be riots-----------difference being that many other Americans may join in backing up the Blacks this time around.

If nothing else: ICE and local LE will be out in force.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:32 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,101,561 times
Quote:

Sometimes freedom of speech goes too far, others saw it as an insult, which they also have a right.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:52 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,617,642 times
I'm not afraid to log in. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Lying in a hoax is wrong, and illegal immigration is wrong.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:00 PM

162 posts, read 326,863 times
I dont understand why people is making too much noise, those kids have done the same thing we see here in this forum over and over. Someone says something offensive and someone feels offended.
Picking on someone is "ok" untill someone is hurt, right? America is going nowhere with all these racists comments. Eventually, this careless and selfish attitude of posters who cowardly offend other posters is taken by our children who dont hide their emotions and beliefs.
Be nice and dont profile, God bless America.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:39 PM

162 posts, read 326,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATOGAMO View Post
I dont understand why people is making too much noise, those kids have done the same thing we see here in this forum over and over. Someone says something offensive and someone feels offended.
Picking on someone is "ok" untill someone is hurt, right? America is going nowhere with all these racists comments. Eventually, this careless and selfish attitude of posters who cowardly offend other posters is taken by our children who dont hide their emotions and beliefs.
Be nice and dont profile, God bless America.
Anyone have a comment on this post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration