Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 06:12 AM

327 posts, read 755,747 times

Advertisements

Me? I'm Tex/Mex. For those who don't know, that's not just some crappy food that'll make you fat (sorry I don't like it lol), and I'm totally against illegal immigration, as are a lot of the full-blooded legal Mexicans I know who own restaurants around here.

Thing is, we seem to never hear from these people in the media (or at least I don't). It's like we don't even exist.

So, anyone else here like me? Surely I can't be the only one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 06:44 AM

134 posts, read 507,475 times
Default Illegal is Illegal !

The key word is "Illegal". I feel that if a person starts off by breaking the law of the country that they are Crashing, imposing their presences on etc. by entering it "Illegally", they really don't belong here.

I know many Legal immigrants and I highly respect that they took the neccessary step to become LEGAL.

Things are labeled based on the action - "Illegal" is in the list of things that are not good, not desired, not welcomed, not tolerated, etc.

The laws of this country are made by the people placed in charged in this country that represent the nation in a whole.

If an immigrant wants to be welcomed in America then the first step is to follow the laws of the country that they want to be a part of. AND BECOME "LEGAL" IMMIGRANTS

"LEGAL" IMMIGRANTS ARE MORE THAN WELCOMED !!!!!!!!!

Old 04-09-2008, 07:59 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,596,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
Me? I'm Tex/Mex. For those who don't know, that's not just some crappy food that'll make you fat (sorry I don't like it lol), and I'm totally against illegal immigration, as are a lot of the full-blooded legal Mexicans I know who own restaurants around here.

Thing is, we seem to never hear from these people in the media (or at least I don't). It's like we don't even exist.

There's more of us than folks realize, RP. There's a group called You Don't Speak For Me that consists of American Hispanics that oppose illegal immigration and amnesty. A great bunch of patriots, IMHO.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:46 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,137,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post

So your a Tejano? I believe Selena's brothers who are also Tejano denied their Mexican heritage

I'm Mexican, I'm not what you would call Anti-illegal, I'm anti-them coming over here and not doing it legally.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:00 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,568,834 times
Cesar Chavez was Hispanic (or so I've heard). He was definitely no "fan" of illegal immigration, and said so, on a number of occasions...

I have a large number of Hispanic in-laws on both side of my family. A few of them had illegal parents "way back when", though many have been in California since BEFORE it was American. NONE of them have ever spoken in favor of illegals, to my knowledge, EXCEPT a few around the age of 14 or so (care to list some of the OTHER things 14-year olds sometimes 'go for'?)

The only thing I've heard that MIGHT be misunderstood, is the fact that these folks hate 'racist' attacks on the illegals. Of COURSE this offends those who share their race. It offends me, TOO. But other than THAT, most of these folks KNOW that illegal immigration impacts them just as much as it does any OTHER American. It's not a matter of RACE, it'sd a matter of law....

Old 04-09-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post

I'm Mexican, I'm not what you would call Anti-illegal, I'm anti-them coming over here and not doing it legally.

Isn't this what we're all talking about? If you're "anti-them coming over here..etc etc etc" like you SAY, then you're 'anti-illegal', aren't you? If 'they' weren't doing this, they wouldn't BE illegal..or am I missing something here?..

Old 04-09-2008, 03:05 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,137,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Isn't this what we're all talking about? If you're "anti-them coming over here..etc etc etc" like you SAY, then you're 'anti-illegal', aren't you? If 'they' weren't doing this, they wouldn't BE illegal..or am I missing something here?..
anti-them can go quite a few ways. Am I anti them because of their beliefs or background? no. Am I anti-them because they came here by illegal means? yes. I am not anti them, I am anti their actions.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
anti-them can go quite a few ways. Am I anti them because of their beliefs or background? no. Am I anti-them because they came here by illegal means? yes. I am not anti them, I am anti their actions.
Well....OK....I guess....(?)....I guess we just have different meanings for 'anti', maybe....I have no quibble with jaywalkers, tax cheats, drunk drivers, those who build houses without permits....or even Islamic terrorists..EXCEPT for what they "DO"...THAT, I am definitely against....

Last edited by macmeal; 04-09-2008 at 03:27 PM..

Old 04-09-2008, 03:22 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,109,064 times
To quote Fred Reed again

Quote:
Note that the immigration problem is entirely of America’s making. Laws, decisions in the courts, amnesties, interpretation of the Constitution, and policy all encourage illegal immigration. What the US does is to say to impoverished and desperate people, “See this river? Don’t cross it. If you do, we’ll give you all sorts of privileges, and jobs, and a chance to advance in life and give your kids a good future. Now, don’t cross it, you hear?”

Old 04-09-2008, 03:27 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,642,581 times
comming here illegally is just the firtst part. Refusing to speak English and generally turning your back on American culture by hanging Mexican flags in your windows, Demanding that everything be printed in Spanish and not following the law...well thats where it starts pissing Americans off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration