Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How much does an immigrants inability to speak English irritate you?
It doesnt bother me. 112 32.94%
It bothers me somewhat. 54 15.88%
It really bothers me. 174 51.18%
No opinion, never heard anyone speak anything but English. 0 0%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 02:37 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,946,925 times

Advertisements

Speaking a foreign language in PUBLIC does not bother me as long as it is not too LOUD or obnoxious or about me. Speaking 2-1/2 languages (wish I could speak/understand 10) is an asset in my book, even thou I never use 1-1/2 in public. As a teen, I was talked about while standing in front of a mother and daughter while on a public transportation carrier. They were talking about my clothes and appearence negatively not realizing that I understood every word they were saying. I spoke in their tongue "excuse me please" and both mouths dropped open realizing their error. Bother me? maybe a little, but speaking in PUBLIC can have its consequences. Steve

Old 05-23-2008, 03:29 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,578,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Speaking a foreign language in PUBLIC does not bother me as long as it is not too LOUD or obnoxious or about me. Speaking 2-1/2 languages (wish I could speak/understand 10) is an asset in my book, even thou I never use 1-1/2 in public. As a teen, I was talked about while standing in front of a mother and daughter while on a public transportation carrier. They were talking about my clothes and appearence negatively not realizing that I understood every word they were saying. I spoke in their tongue "excuse me please" and both mouths dropped open realizing their error. Bother me? maybe a little, but speaking in PUBLIC can have its consequences. Steve
It reminds me of an experience I had. I was standing in a grocery store line in front of three Latino men who were discussing me, assuming I did not understand the language. Fortunately, their comments were flattering and not disrespectful or crude. I couldn’t resist responding. The expression on their faces was definitely a ‘Kodak’ moment.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:55 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,163,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It reminds me of an experience I had. I was standing in a grocery store line in front of three Latino men who were discussing me, assuming I did not understand the language. Fortunately, their comments were flattering and not disrespectful or crude. I couldn’t resist responding. The expression on their faces was definitely a ‘Kodak’ moment.
Hmmmm.......methinks that Benicar may be a hottie?

Old 05-23-2008, 06:18 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,578,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Hmmmm.......methinks that Benicar may be a hottie?
I almost fell out of my chair laughing! Thank goodness I wasn't drinking anything.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:53 AM

5 posts, read 7,059 times
Default race mixing is genocide

[SIZE=2] It's absolutely critical to our survival that Mexicans do NOT learn English. Racial survival (avoiding genocide) depends on ethnic and cultural separatism.

By far the biggest disaster in all of humanity is race mixing. We can survive catastrophic wars. We can survive tyrannical governments and religions. We can not survive race mixing.

[/SIZE]

Old 05-26-2008, 09:54 AM

It's absolutely critical to our survival that Mexicans do NOT learn English. Racial survival (avoiding genocide) depends on ethnic and cultural separatism.

By far the biggest disaster in all of humanity is race mixing. We can survive catastrophic wars. We can survive tyrannical governments and religions. We can not survive race mixing.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:14 AM

93 posts, read 339,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDPrescott View Post
It's absolutely critical to our survival that Mexicans do NOT learn English. Racial survival (avoiding genocide) depends on ethnic and cultural separatism.

Uh, does someone want to go ahead and MODERATE THIS BOARD!!!, or should I contact my local branch of the FBI so we can use this forum to stake out neo-nazis and prosecute future hate crimes. Thanks for the enlightened perspective JDPrescott, AKA David Duke

Old 05-26-2008, 10:20 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,650,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDPrescott View Post

WTF?!

First off, you yourself are a product of race mixing.......unless you come from an extremely long line of incestous unions, which is more then a remote possiblity given your rant

And anyway what you just spouted is the most unAmerican crap I have read on these boards (and that is saying something!). The United States is founded on legal immigration. Of all colors, faiths, and backgrounds. It is what makes us strong, and interesting.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:32 PM

Default do turn yourself in

Good idea killer! Go to the FBI and turn yourself in for conspiracy to commit genocide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewbank View Post
Uh, does someone want to go ahead and MODERATE THIS BOARD!!!, or should I contact my local branch of the FBI so we can use this forum to stake out neo-nazis and prosecute future hate crimes. Thanks for the enlightened perspective JDPrescott, AKA David Duke

Old 05-26-2008, 02:37 PM

Sounds like a bit of the old all-American narrow minded bigotry you've got there. If being American is denying your racial and cultural heritage, count me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
WTF?!

First off, you yourself are a product of race mixing.......unless you come from an extremely long line of incestous unions, which is more then a remote possiblity given your rant

And anyway what you just spouted is the most unAmerican crap I have read on these boards (and that is saying something!). The United States is founded on legal immigration. Of all colors, faiths, and backgrounds. It is what makes us strong, and interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration