Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you respect an illegal alien who pays taxes more than you do other illegal immigrants?
Yes 15 17.24%
No 64 73.56%
No opinion 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 09:59 AM

15 posts, read 70,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Narcissistic?

Expecting everyone to speak YOUR language isn't Narcissistic?
Wishing people to stay in poverty, so you don't have to deal with signs written in spanish isn't Narcissistic?

My point is that no middle class American's have it bad because immigrants are coming over doing menial jobs. I say I am comfortable, and my life hasn't been ruined.

Your selfishness and self-righteousness is nauseating to me.
I agree with you Benicar, for so many years now people look the other way and it is so out of control now. It effects me every time I go to the store and when my grandkids go to school and are over looked because the teacher is having to spend to much time with a child that dint speak English, are is being bully ed because there skin is white! Oh also the school also gives FREE English classes for those parents that don't know English! So I asked can I go to the Spanish class to learn Spanish, of course not there is not one for us parents to learn? I am feed up with all this, it has so change since I was young. I don't know if people understand what our kids have to go throw in schools....?

Last edited by peppermint~patty; 04-12-2008 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: spell change
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 11:35 AM

334 posts, read 828,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint~patty View Post
I agree with you Benicar, for so many years now people look the other way and it is so out of control now. It effects me every time I go to the store and when my grandkids go to school and are over looked because the teacher is having to spend to much time with a child that dint speak English, are is being bully ed because there skin is white! Oh also the school also gives FREE English classes for those parents that don't know English! So I asked can I go to the Spanish class to learn Spanish, of course not there is not one for us parents to learn? I am feed up with all this, it has so change since I was young. I don't know if people understand what our kids have to go throw in schools....?

Old 04-12-2008, 11:38 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,281,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rosarito View Post
You should attend an English class first. Maybe then you could use proper grammar?
When you criticize only someone spelling or grammer - it shows you have no other constructive comments - in other words - you lost your argument

Old 04-17-2008, 07:26 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,756,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Less fortunate? So this gives them a right to violate our laws? So If I am down on my luck it would justify me robbing people? Or does it only apply to immigration laws? I am confused here. They don't have a right to decide which laws apply to them. That would be the right of the US Gov. This is not a victimless crime. Many law abiding folks have had their lives greatly disrupted and in some cases ruined by illegals. I am very sure those illegals who perpetrated the ID theft and destroyed someones credit never gave their victims a second thought. Whoa sounds quite a bit like your average criminal doesn't it.
whoooaaa it does! things are getting weird, all of a sudden it all makes sense!

dont compare taking a no skill labor job to pointing a gun in someones face and taking their private property.

If your losing a job to someone who can't speak english, has no skills or education, then you probably don't have a lot going for yourself in the first place.

maybe you should consider taking classes at the local community college.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:37 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,573,570 times
Quote:
Narcissistic?

Expecting everyone to speak YOUR language isn't Narcissistic?
Wishing people to stay in poverty, so you don't have to deal with signs written in spanish isn't Narcissistic?

My point is that no middle class American's have it bad because immigrants are coming over doing menial jobs. I say I am comfortable, and my life hasn't been ruined.

Your selfishness and self-righteousness is nauseating to me.
It is not narcissistic to expect ‘immigrants’ to learn English in the United States. If I move to France, I would certainly expect to learn French. When in Rome…..

I am neither selfish nor self-righteous. Try again.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:53 PM

15 posts, read 70,620 times
Quote:
whoooaaa it does! things are getting weird, all of a sudden it all makes sense!

dont compare taking a no skill labor job to pointing a gun in someones face and taking their private property.

If your losing a job to someone who can't speak English, has no skills or education, then you probably don't have a lot going for yourself in the first place.

maybe you should consider taking classes at the local community college.
But they don't take a gun and put it in there faces, now do they! They steal them from people behind there backs. They use the gun to kill, rap, US citizens and straight back to Mexico they go for free. And no US citizen should have to lose a job offer to any one that doesn't speak English! Come on now we our in the United States is and always has been English! If I make a call and I can't understand the person on the other line I ask for somebody who speaks Enlish......

Last edited by peppermint~patty; 04-17-2008 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-17-2008, 10:37 PM

108 posts, read 351,338 times
Default personally affected

I am personally affected by illegal immigration when;

- a trip to the ER takes hours b/c illegals use the ER as a doctor's office

- my commute takes longer b/c of the illegals crowding the freeways (yes, there is a difference, evidenced when there as the call for them to stay home for a day to show us how much we needed them and the commute took about 2/3 the time it usually does)

- my taxes have to be used to pay for the ballooning number of incarcerated illegals held in US jails for crimes they committed when they came here

- my taxes have to be used to prosecute the ballooning number of criminally-minded illegals who have committed crimes while in the US illegally

- my taxes are used to pay for the schooling of illegal alien children in the local schools

regardless of where you fall on this debate, to sanctimoniously claim that b/c you haven't been affected by illegal immigration and it is therefore not a problem for everyone else is beyond absurd. If you truly haven't been affected, then you are very fortunate. If on the other hand, you are forced to deal with the ramifications wrought by the illegal immigration population in the southwest, then it is substantially easier to comprehend the bitterness and divisiveness that comes with this form of discussion.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:41 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,704,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAdam View Post
I am personally affected by illegal immigration when;

- a trip to the ER takes hours b/c illegals use the ER as a doctor's office

- my commute takes longer b/c of the illegals crowding the freeways (yes, there is a difference, evidenced when there as the call for them to stay home for a day to show us how much we needed them and the commute took about 2/3 the time it usually does)

- my taxes have to be used to pay for the ballooning number of incarcerated illegals held in US jails for crimes they committed when they came here

- my taxes have to be used to prosecute the ballooning number of criminally-minded illegals who have committed crimes while in the US illegally

- my taxes are used to pay for the schooling of illegal alien children in the local schools

regardless of where you fall on this debate, to sanctimoniously claim that b/c you haven't been affected by illegal immigration and it is therefore not a problem for everyone else is beyond absurd. If you truly haven't been affected, then you are very fortunate. If on the other hand, you are forced to deal with the ramifications wrought by the illegal immigration population in the southwest, then it is substantially easier to comprehend the bitterness and divisiveness that comes with this form of discussion.
I say if you sympathize with illegals, then YOU should pay their taxes, etc. Dont make us that dont support them pay. If I dont want to give them charity, I shouldht have to (and doggoneit, I dont want to give them a penny of my tax money, but I know I am giving them a lot more than that).

Old 04-18-2008, 03:15 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,684,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Do you respect an illegal alien who pays taxes more than other illegal immigrants?
How? to get an ITIN, they need to be a citizen. If they are using someone else's SSN or ITIN, they're cheating the system...even if they're paying taxes IN, those taxes cannot be credited to them...and is probably screwing up that other person's taxes.

If the IRS audits someone whose number is being used, they will tell the person--you have income reported, but you did NOT include it on your return. Why not?--and what's the person to do?

Old 04-18-2008, 07:50 AM

49 posts, read 118,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Do you respect an illegal alien who pays taxes more than other illegal immigrants?
How does an "Illigal" pay taxes????? If you are here illegal than YOU DONT HAVE A SS# TO PAY TAXES or any other papers for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration