Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 01:04 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's racism to object to illegal aliens and/or bogus asylum seekers? I didn't know that either group was a race. We don't have nearly as many illegal entrants coming through our northern border as we do our southern border but let's make it about race instead? HUH? We should plug the big hole in the dam before we worry about a small hole. It's common sense! When or if our northern border becomes the same problem as our southern one we can address it then.

80% of illegal entrants and asylum seekers are Latinos from south or our border but let's not let the facts get in the way of the victim mentality in here, shall we?
It should be a race, I mean American Indians are a race and they have to check a box, whites are their own race and they check a box, but mix the two which are neither all one or the other and they don't get a box? Doesn't make sense..and where did you get 80% from? Do you have a source that I can see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Oh, I won't argue that the U.S. didn't screw up things worse down there. They did. I don't see that as justification to just let them all come here.
Well at least we agree on something

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
There is no need. Canada has a very good immigration system. Mexico was just letting thousands go through to the U.S. That's why there is a difference.
I just feel like it should be fair at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Sounds like El Salvadoreans need to work on improving their country.

The US can't take in every person in the world that comes from a crappy place.
Sounds like Americans need to mind their own dang business and quit trying to make everyone like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The number of worldwide refugees and asylum seekers has risen about 10 percent during Trump's first term since the same policies are still in effect.

worldwide displacement

It wasn't just US government support for repressive regmes, but large US companies also faced lawsuits for hiring death squads in Latin America.
Oh what companies? Im just curious..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2020, 01:36 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Illegal alien isn't a race it's an unlawful status in our country. So no, it's not racist to object to illegal immigration.

According to a Pew Hispanic Center report, in 2005 57% of illegal immigrants were from Mexico, 24% were from other Latin American countries, primarily from Central America, 9% were from Asia, 6% were from Europe, and 4% were from the rest of the world. 57% + 24% + = 81% of illegals being Latinos/Hispanics.

Old 02-12-2020, 03:22 PM

30 posts, read 12,763 times
can you expound on this...domestic end-clients?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
H1b's will be tightened in favor of domestic end-clients at the expense of Indian outsourcing firms.

Old 02-12-2020, 03:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
They have a really different program for violent offenders in el salvador

Old 02-12-2020, 04:32 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,237,086 times
Deport them with guns so they can defend themselves

Old 02-14-2020, 02:21 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,571,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie55 View Post
can you expound on this...domestic end-clients?
It means Indian outsourcing firms are getting rejected at a much higher rate while the number of approved H1b visas for Indian programmers has increased. Trump lifted the country caps on H1b's but tightened the approvals for the foreign firms. This topic has come up before.

read on

Old 02-19-2020, 02:18 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
jeebus you linked and cut/pasted the whole thing ... but did you read it?

so 138 of 111K were killed within a year of their return. that's 0.1%. That's just the exact same rate of 6K/year to their total population.
and it did not say 138 deported from the US.

Quote:
Human Rights Watch confirmed the 138 deaths during that period through official records, interviews with families and media accounts but believes the actual toll is much higher, in part because some aren’t recorded due to the stigma of having been deported from the U.S.

Old 02-19-2020, 02:48 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
it led with 138 people that had been deported were subsequently killed. And either mentioned 110K total, or I looked up that figure, plus the overall murder rate.

As to the standard policy group proclamation I seem to always see "but believes the number is much higher", I never pay attention to that. Say the number is double - 276. That's still just a blip.

Old 02-20-2020, 10:46 AM

25,569 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
it led with 138 people that had been deported were subsequently killed. And either mentioned 110K total, or I looked up that figure, plus the overall murder rate.

As to the standard policy group proclamation I seem to always see "but believes the number is much higher", I never pay attention to that. Say the number is double - 276. That's still just a blip.
Yep.
And that number pales in comparison the the number of Americans who have been killed by illegals.
64% of all federal arrests in 2018 were of non-citizens.
202,000 people booked into Texas jails in 2018 were illegals.

I'm sorry that anyone anywhere died necessarily. But we have a country to run here.

Old 02-25-2020, 03:02 PM

16,582 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Yep.
And that number pales in comparison the the number of Americans who have been killed by illegals.
64% of all federal arrests in 2018 were of non-citizens.
202,000 people booked into Texas jails in 2018 were illegals.

I'm sorry that anyone anywhere died necessarily. But we have a country to run here.
To many a liberal, out of site, out of mind. It is only when crime hits home do they give a flip about illegal aliens committing crime.
Until then, they pretend or actually believe every one of them is a hard working individual looking to assimilate, and making our country stronger as a result.
The reality is a much different story that few in the MSM will report upon.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration