Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:55 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,209,021 times

Advertisements

People who drive corvettes are more likely to get stopped for speeding. Teenage boys have to pay higher insurance...

get out the violins...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 06:36 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,634,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rosarito View Post
Damn the Constitution!!! Ahead full speed . . . .
You'll notice that profiling suspected terrorists because they are of Middle Eastern descent, because almost all terrorists are of Middle Eastern descent, seems to have become accepted because it's for the greater good, perhaps preventing an American city from going up in smoke.

In a very similar vein, profiling legal hispanics, would seem to be for the greater good and perhaps should become accepted, because legal hispanics allow 20 million illegals, the vast majority of which are hispanic, to live and move freely within the hispanic community, harbor and aid and abet illegals, and never turn illegal ins, perhaps preventing the 20 million illegals here from ballooning into 30, 40 or 50 million, and overrunning and overwhelming our country.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:47 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,634,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Well with people like you, I hope other hardline anti-illegals see why this becomes a race/ethnicity issue.
If a case can be made for profiling suspected terrorists, because almost all terrorists are of Middle Eastern descent, if it will save an American city from going up in smoke, then a case can be made for profiling legal hispanics, when they are an integral part of the illegal Mexican invasion crisis, by harboring, aiding and abetting illegal hispanics, who are overrunning our country, all for the greater good.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:30 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,180,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Do legal hispanics deserve to be profiled?

No I don't think so, I think an officer should have probable cause before bothering someone.

Being of Spanish decent is not probable cause.

Speaking Spanish is not probable cause.

Honestly, if they start racially profiling every hispanic, won't that be wasting a lot of time? I mean in California 70% of Hispanics are legal, so just stopping Hispanics here alone is a considerable time drain. Let's see police racially profile in South Florida where Hispanics are literally all over the place.

We simply don't have the Police manpower to racially discriminate..I mean profile.
Flip side is that 30% of Calif's Hispanics are illegal------that is strong probable cause for 'profiling', my friend.

Face it: it 30% of all bikers were 'dirty'-------that will throw the spotlight on all of those who ride motorcycles.

And the reality is that most people of true Spanish heritage do not look stereotypically 'Hispanic' as it is. I used to know a woman from Spain; spoke Spanish fluently but has blonde hair/blue eyes------the cops would not give her a second look. OTOH: I have known many an Anglo who were mistaken for Mestizo Hispanic by the cops and were checked out pretty closely. Oh well.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:57 PM

451 posts, read 311,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Flip side is that 30% of Calif's Hispanics are illegal------that is strong probable cause for 'profiling', my friend.

Face it: it 30% of all bikers were 'dirty'-------that will throw the spotlight on all of those who ride motorcycles.

And the reality is that most people of true Spanish heritage do not look stereotypically 'Hispanic' as it is. I used to know a woman from Spain; spoke Spanish fluently but has blonde hair/blue eyes------the cops would not give her a second look. OTOH: I have known many an Anglo who were mistaken for Mestizo Hispanic by the cops and were checked out pretty closely. Oh well.
95% of pedophiles and serial killers are anglo, does it mean that we have to stop every anglo to get him cleared????

Old 05-03-2008, 10:14 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,306,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
95% of pedophiles and serial killers are anglo,
Source please??

Old 05-03-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
95% of pedophiles and serial killers are anglo, does it mean that we have to stop every anglo to get him cleared????
We are not dealing with millions of pedos/serial killers either unlike millions of illegals------most of whom happen to be 'Hispanic'.

Besides: I suspect that more than 5% of all pedos are non 'Anglo' as well-----especially factoring many illegals impregnating young Latinas (well under age 18) here in Arizona.

That stated: if we only had a handful of illegal immigrants here------I doubt that profiling would be an issue.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:17 PM

539 posts, read 1,806,303 times
bryan61- Don't scare white folk? Now you're making it racial. I'm 1/2 black, 1/4 Mexican and 1/4 Native (Modoc/Klamath tribe) and think that all irregular-migrants (as the U.N. calls them) should be sent packing. Am I selling out my race ? No, I just want to keep America for Americans. If ones main goal is to "take back" land, they don't have Americas best interests in mind and are loyal to another country. You can be for America without having to be racist.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Source please??
Consider the source: the poster loves to dance around the subject when confronted.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:46 AM

451 posts, read 311,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
You'll notice that profiling suspected terrorists because they are of Middle Eastern descent, because almost all terrorists are of Middle Eastern descent, seems to have become accepted because it's for the greater good, perhaps preventing an American city from going up in smoke.

In a very similar vein, profiling legal hispanics, would seem to be for the greater good and perhaps should become accepted, because legal hispanics allow 20 million illegals, the vast majority of which are hispanic, to live and move freely within the hispanic community, harbor and aid and abet illegals, and never turn illegal ins, perhaps preventing the 20 million illegals here from ballooning into 30, 40 or 50 million, and overrunning and overwhelming our country.
LOL!!!, with around 50 million hispanics in the US, a lot of political power has been attained, no national politician will dare do something that single out hispanics. If the hate groups can not cope with this fact, they will have to move to communes in Montana, and Idaho, they will not be missed, LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration