Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 11:55 AM

2,180 posts, read 640,460 times

Advertisements

How could anyone be against the "remain in Mexico" policy?

There are only two alternatives:

1) Put them all in camps (KIDS IN CAGES AAHHHHHH!!!);

2) Allow them to enter the US with a "ticket" to appear in court for their asylum hearings.... which 80%+ never bother to show up for.

So..... looks like this is a good program that can process legitimate claims, avoid the "concentration camp" effects, and ensure that people aren't abusing the system and wasting resources. As most obviously were.

Bonus message sent to places SOB: Don't expect catch and release anymore. Which should stop people from making the harsh journey under false pretenses and hope that they'll be able to subvert the system.

Honestly, this, along with the stricter rules on not being to immigrate if you're not able to support yourself? Absolute victories for Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2020, 01:04 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Not to mention airports where people come here from all over the world... on legal Visas.
I am assuming u have never traveled outside of the US to make a comment like this?

Foreigners get vetted for visas by US Consulates and/or vetted by CBP at the airport. Not to mention they are subject to get their bag search by CBP. Even US citizens still have to get vetted (not for citizenship, but for NCIC lookout and illegal contrabands). Ask me how i know all that.

What kind of vetting does an illegal alien gets?

Last edited by Du Ma; 03-03-2020 at 01:13 PM..

Old 03-11-2020, 05:08 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The 9th Circus clearly is being transformed, but there are still too many radical, "resistance," leftist judges on it for comfort.

This is but another decision to be overturned by the Supreme Court.
As I predicted, the Supreme Court has issued a stay against this reckless decision.

Given the number of stays the Supreme Court has issued against the 9th Circus and other federal appellate courts, I'd think that they would get the hint and issue their own stays until the Supreme Court has had a time to rule on whether it will take up the cases on appeal. The fact that they don't tells me that they are intent on continuing to "resist" this administration. Completely disgraceful.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sup...-mexico-policy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration