Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 05:55 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — A conservative group has sued California Gov. Gavin Newsom to block his allocation of $75 million to provide financial help during the COVID-19 pandemic to immigrants in the country illegally who don’t qualify for unemployment insurance.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/go...wDJ?li=BBnb7Kz

YES! Since when should our tax dollars go to aid illegal aliens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2020, 08:23 PM

300 posts, read 148,884 times
This is a tough one, but to be fair to those who follow the law, I will have to support this suit. There are so many who did it the hard way, while way too many just jumped the unkept border. I now truly believe the only reason for such support is to buy votes.

Old 04-23-2020, 08:32 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneThornberg View Post
This is a tough one, but to be fair to those who follow the law, I will have to support this suit. There are so many who did it the hard way, while way too many just jumped the unkept border. I now truly believe the only reason for such support is to buy votes.
Fundamentally, I just have a problem with people who the law requires to be deported getting benefits from the government. There is something perverse about that.

Old 04-23-2020, 09:10 PM

300 posts, read 148,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Fundamentally, I just have a problem with people who the law requires to be deported getting benefits from the government. There is something perverse about that.
Nothing perverse about making people comply to the laws of the land. I don't want to live in a lawless country. Do you?

Old 04-23-2020, 09:13 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Nothing perverse about making people comply to the laws of the land. I don't want to live in a lawless country. Do you?
Are you suggesting that I think its perverse that illegals wouldn't be getting stimulus funds? If so, that's not what I wrote or suggested.

Old 04-23-2020, 09:34 PM

4,422 posts, read 5,152,830 times
It’s disgusting. Are these loonies trying to make illegals a bonafide quasi underclass in this country? Worthy of scraps during national emergencies.

I know how they would answer, with righteous indignation. These people have the option to repatriate themselves to safer havens. Why would these clowns assume to think, we don’t see through their bs.

Not getting paid during a pandemic, minor aged daughters getting raped en route to illegal crossings, championed by liberals. Should we pay for these girls mental health treatment, along with a monthly stipend after they arrive as well? What’s the difference?

Old 04-24-2020, 05:20 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,692,387 times
I can somewhat understand the reasoning of giving them $. But I think it sends a bad message to others that if you come to America you might get free stuff. And if I'm a citizen of California & I've lost my job or business. I would not be happy with this.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:44 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
I can somewhat understand the reasoning of giving them $. But I think it sends a bad message to others that if you come to America you might get free stuff. And if I'm a citizen of California & I've lost my job or business. I would not be happy with this.
I don't understand it at all. They aren't supposed to even be in this country or working here. They are law breakers. When our elected officials start aiding and abetting law breakers there is something seriously wrong with this picture.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:04 PM

4,422 posts, read 5,152,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
There’s zero reason to give them $$, unless your worried the slaves might leave.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:20 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
I think the question would be - what does CA law allow? What does it say about what a Gov can do during a state of emergency?

otherwise, he'd have to at least get a vote of CA's legislative bodies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration