Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 06:15 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Tuesday's primary voting laid bare a profound racial and ethnic divide among Democratic voters, with African-Americans overwhelmingly preferring Sen. Barack Obama, while Latinos largely favored Sen. Hillary Clinton.
Arizona Republic article (broken link)

I have suspected there was a significant gap between Hispanics as a group and Blacks-------the Super Tuesday results surprised me though about how deep the division was.

Unless it is the illegal immigration thing that is 'drawing the battle lines' between the two ethnicities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 06:47 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Arizona Republic article (broken link)

I have suspected there was a significant gap between Hispanics as a group and Blacks-------the Super Tuesday results surprised me though about how deep the division was.

Unless it is the illegal immigration thing that is 'drawing the battle lines' between the two ethnicities.
Well, "they" say that because the illegals are taking away jobs chiefly from lower income African Americans, the AA are totally against the hispanics. They have taken over neighborhoods in California, and they have wiped out whole communities with illegal workers so that young AA men are not getting jobs.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:51 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,047,955 times
Go Hillary!

Old 02-06-2008, 08:17 AM

440 posts, read 329,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Well, "they" say that because the illegals are taking away jobs chiefly from lower income African Americans, the AA are totally against the hispanics. They have taken over neighborhoods in California, and they have wiped out whole communities with illegal workers so that young AA men are not getting jobs.
That is only part of the reason. An even bigger picture is the fact that the majority of illegal aliens are racially prejudice against blacks, thus the ethnic cleansing going on primarily in LA.

I have a American hispanic girl friend who confirmed something that I have thought for a long time. Mexico has the same racial problems as America. Until we had that discussion and she confirmed my thoughts, I wasn't sure whether they are deliberate or not.

She confirmed:

All light skinned Mexicans are considered "white Mexicans" and the darker skinned (mestizmo) Mexicans are considered racially inferior. I have noticed that the majority of Americans of Mexican descent are "white" while the illegal aliens that are here are primarily darker skinned and from the poverty stricken depths of hell in Mexico.

My friend told me that I was 100% correct in my synopsis. She said that all Mexicans aspire to be associated with whites rather than blacks and that they idolize white Americans. The darker skinned Mexicans are considered inferior. The darker skinned do not want to be associated with blacks in America because we are considered "the bottom of the barrel". Thus the ethnic tensions between the two within and outside of US borders.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:54 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
That is only part of the reason. An even bigger picture is the fact that the majority of illegal aliens are racially prejudice against blacks, thus the ethnic cleansing going on primarily in LA.

I have a American hispanic girl friend who confirmed something that I have thought for a long time. Mexico has the same racial problems as America. Until we had that discussion and she confirmed my thoughts, I wasn't sure whether they are deliberate or not.

She confirmed:

All light skinned Mexicans are considered "white Mexicans" and the darker skinned (mestizmo) Mexicans are considered racially inferior. I have noticed that the majority of Americans of Mexican descent are "white" while the illegal aliens that are here are primarily darker skinned and from the poverty stricken depths of hell in Mexico.

My friend told me that I was 100% correct in my synopsis. She said that all Mexicans aspire to be associated with whites rather than blacks and that they idolize white Americans. The darker skinned Mexicans are considered inferior. The darker skinned do not want to be associated with blacks in America because we are considered "the bottom of the barrel". Thus the ethnic tensions between the two within and outside of US borders.
Very true; sad to say.

Hispanic culture is White Supremacist---------the standard of beauty is white skin and blue eyes.

If I were a Mestizo Hispanic I would be hurt and very offended

Old 02-06-2008, 01:00 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
OOO...Many Latinos are in fact Black: Columbians, Cubans, Brazilians, Puerto Ricans.

I believe what you have seen, is the Hispanics respect for the Clintons and especially her healthcare plan.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:17 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,187 times
I don't see a gap, Blacks and Latinos are both usually liberal voters.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:14 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,655 times
I think Hillary is kissing the butts of hispanic voters with her pro illegal agenda, her plan for amnesty and open borders. Just like any politician, she will continue to say whatever she thinks will get her votes. If she gets elected, this country's going to hell in a handbasket. With her uber liberal views on illegal immigration, she just might push the citizens of this country to take matters into their own hands. A revolution just might not be that far fetched.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:22 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I think Hillary is kissing the butts of hispanic voters with her pro illegal agenda, her plan for amnesty and open borders. Just like any politician, she will continue to say whatever she thinks will get her votes. If she gets elected, this country's going to hell in a handbasket. With her uber liberal views on illegal immigration, she just might push the citizens of this country to take matters into their own hands. A revolution just might not be that far fetched.
If you think that is kissing butt look at McCain . He's way in there practically gasping for air !

Old 02-06-2008, 10:46 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
If you think that is kissing butt look at McCain . He's way in there practically gasping for air !
I agree. If it comes down to McCain and Obama, I will vote for Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration