Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 09:01 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Biden is set to allow the DACA's to remain here if there are no more legal challenges to it. I'd like the opinions of the posters in here on the following.....

1. Should the parents of the DACA's be allowed to remain here with them? If so why, since they are the ones who violated our immigration laws. Isn't that rewarding them for it? We all know that the DACA's want their parents to remain here crying about the separation of families thingy. That would reward millions of illegal alien parents in addition to them.

2. The courts shot down DAPA which was amnesty for parents here illegally who gave birth on our soil. That would have also allowed millions of immigration law breakers to remain here. I don't see any difference between the DACA and DAPA scenario's. If the latter was shot down by the courts why shouldn't DACA be shot down also?

3. What's the difference between these two scenarios? Both would still be rewarding adults who violated our immigration laws just because they have kids. Rewarding either would just encourage more illegals to come here and bring their kids with them for another future amnesty or giving birth on our soil for the same.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2021, 02:35 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
First of all, I support DACA. But DACA is an executive order that only defers action on "Dreamers". It doesn't grant a path to citizenship, so they remain in limbo.

Biden has proposed new immigration legislation. If passed, DACA recipients would have immediate permanent residency, and a three-year path to citizenship. Their parents, like most other illegal immigrants, would become permanent residents in five years, and citizens three years after that.

I support this. The DACA kids are here through no fault of their own, Many haven't known any other home. Their parents may have broken the law. But it's not practical to deport them all, and assuming they meet the many requirements they would embark on an 8-year path to citizenship. I think that is fair.

BTW, there are 1.8 million dreamers. You could guess there's a similar number of parents of dreamers. That's 1% of our nation's population. Would it be so damaging to show a little compassion to a group that equals one percent of our population?

Old 01-26-2021, 02:53 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,764 times
Daca/dapa should not exist. Stop rewarding criminals who keep reproducing and suck up welfare, school, healthcare resources then are allowed to vote for policies that entitle them to more tax payer funds.

Old 01-26-2021, 02:56 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
First of all, I support DACA. But DACA is an executive order that only defers action on "Dreamers". It doesn't grant a path to citizenship, so they remain in limbo.

Biden has proposed new immigration legislation. If passed, DACA recipients would have immediate permanent residency, and a three-year path to citizenship. Their parents, like most other illegal immigrants, would become permanent residents in five years, and citizens three years after that.

I support this. The DACA kids are here through no fault of their own, Many haven't known any other home. Their parents may have broken the law. But it's not practical to deport them all, and assuming they meet the many requirements they would embark on an 8-year path to citizenship. I think that is fair.

BTW, there are 1.8 million dreamers. You could guess there's a similar number of parents of dreamers. That's 1% of our nation's population. Would it be so damaging to show a little compassion to a group that equals one percent of our population?

Because they are leeches. Why do liberals love rewarding criminals so much?

Old 01-26-2021, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

Why should the DACA's benefit from their parent's lawbreaking? Why should their parents be rewarded for breaking the law? It doesn't matter that the DACA's are here through no fault of their own they should have to return to their homelands along with their law breaking parents and apply to come back legally otherwise they are jumping ahead of the line of immigrants that have already applied and are waiting in line to come here the legal way. Allowing the DACA's and their parents to remain here nullifies our annual quotas for legal immigration for years to come. Just as thought thought you and yours don't want their parents deported either as they should be so this isn't just about the DACAs! Why shouldn't their parents at least have to go back to their homelands and apply to come back legally?

Most DACA's came here after the age of 6 and do know their homelands, it's language and culture because their parents teach it to them. I'm sure many of them still have family in their homelands to. No one is suggesting to physically round them all up and deport them and their parents just deport them as they make themselves known and remove any incentives for them to remain here. What you are suggesting is not fair to legal immigrants nor the lawful citizens of this country. You're assuming that these parents only brought one child with them here illegally to.

They shouldn't be rewarded any more that the DAPA parents who gave birth on our soil should be rewarded.

Old 01-26-2021, 05:06 PM

889 posts, read 272,763 times
dont get me started. at this point it would be impossible to punish the kids, or parents. but from herein after we MUST control our gosh dang borders!! this is a 10 year cycle. millions pour in a year. they hide out and learn how to game the system, and just wait for the next dang idiot president to just grant amnesty. over and over.

and now, ca is mini mexico.

people in other states dont give a darn because they still have english as a first language. their state doesnt have 39% hispanic population. when the majority speaks spanish, businesses want their money, and offer spanish at every place. so now if you dont speak spanish, IN AMERICA you are gona have a hell of a time finding certain jobs.

i work in the legal field and have had to produce proof of citizenship at every job!!! in workers comp, i dealt with 1000s of cases. 99% were 3rd grade education, non english speaking, undocumented. they come and work, "get injured" and collect. you dont need to be a citizen. they were injured here working, so we pay.

i just love it when people cry for compassion when THEY are not being directly affected.

you lose compassion when your jobless and dont qualify for jobs because you speak english.

sooo fed up.

Old 01-26-2021, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Lux Mea View Post
dont get me started. at this point it would be impossible to punish the kids, or parents. but from herein after we MUST control our gosh dang borders!! this is a 10 year cycle. millions pour in a year. they hide out and learn how to game the system, and just wait for the next dang idiot president to just grant amnesty. over and over.

people in other states dont give a darn because they still have english as a first language. their state doesnt have 39% hispanic population. when the majority speaks spanish, businesses want their money, and offer spanish at every place. so now if you dont speak spanish, IN AMERICA you are gona have a hell of a time finding certain jobs.

i work in the legal field and have had to produce proof of citizenship at every job!!! in workers comp, i dealt with 1000s of cases. 99% were 3rd grade education, non english speaking, undocumented. they come and work, "get injured" and collect. you dont need to be a citizen. they were injured here working, so we pay.

i just love it when people cry for compassion when THEY are not being directly affected.

you lose compassion when your jobless and dont qualify for jobs because you speak english.

sooo fed up.
It's not punishing these law breaking parents and their kids by deporting them as our laws state. At least they aren't being sent to jail. American criminals get punished by going to jail and their kids suffer. What's so special about illegal aliens and their kids?

Here in the southwest you already have to know Spanish in order to get hired for many jobs. It's not because we have Hispanic citizens as they also know English. It's pandering to the millions of Spanish speakers here illegally and therefore Americans get discriminated against in hiring practices.

You're right, all this compassion for illegals and their kids but none for Americans who have lost their jobs to them, had their wages reduced and contributing to the over $100 billion a year that illegal aliens cost us. They are creating social problems, over crowding and the depletion of our natural resources to. Bleeding hearts and ethnocentrics don't give a damn though.

Old 01-26-2021, 08:59 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
I am a liberal and I used to be against all illegals. In the case of the DACAs, I'd say let them stay. There are too many, they didn't come here on their own, we've already paid to educate most of them, they are probably working and contributing, and no, I don't think they know their former country because they only lived there as kids.

I don't see how anyone can find and deport the parents of the DACAs but they are the law breakers.

As for the people who came here purposely to give birth, that does make me mad too, but how can we find all these people?

There never should have been an amnesty by Reagan. Now it looks like anyone can come here for free and get things that the taxpayers have paid for. I'm 100% for legal immigration where an American citizen or an employer (or whatever else) pays for and sponsors the person. That gets us doctors and other necessary people. It also reunites families and I do have compassion for that. But the sponsor of the family member has to be an American citizen. That's the law.

In other words, it's too late to go after people who are already here, but close the door on more illegal entry and be like other countries who enforce their border laws. It's idiotic to just let people keep swarming in. Yes, even where I live I couldn't get a job because I didn't speak Spanish. I also think it's unfair to businesses such as landscapers who have to compete with dirt cheap illegal landscapers. It's about what is fair to Americans and it's about enforcing our immigration laws.

Old 01-27-2021, 12:38 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I am a liberal and I used to be against all illegals. In the case of the DACAs, I'd say let them stay. There are too many, they didn't come here on their own, we've already paid to educate most of them, they are probably working and contributing, and no, I don't think they know their former country because they only lived there as kids.

I don't see how anyone can find and deport the parents of the DACAs but they are the law breakers.

As for the people who came here purposely to give birth, that does make me mad too, but how can we find all these people?

There never should have been an amnesty by Reagan. Now it looks like anyone can come here for free and get things that the taxpayers have paid for. I'm 100% for legal immigration where an American citizen or an employer (or whatever else) pays for and sponsors the person. That gets us doctors and other necessary people. It also reunites families and I do have compassion for that. But the sponsor of the family member has to be an American citizen. That's the law.

In other words, it's too late to go after people who are already here, but close the door on more illegal entry and be like other countries who enforce their border laws. It's idiotic to just let people keep swarming in. Yes, even where I live I couldn't get a job because I didn't speak Spanish. I also think it's unfair to businesses such as landscapers who have to compete with dirt cheap illegal landscapers. It's about what is fair to Americans and it's about enforcing our immigration laws.
The problem is that rewarding people who came here illegally with amnesty begets further surges of people who come here illegally in anticipation of another amnesty.

Old 01-27-2021, 06:10 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Lux Mea View Post

sooo fed up.
"dont get me started. at this point it would be impossible to punish the kids, or parents."

Some said we could never beat the greatest army in the world to gain our freedom from British rule.

Some said, we would never beat Germany TWICE.

Some said we would never beat Japan after Pearl Harbor.

Some said we would NEVER get a man to the moon.

Etc., etc., etc.

Is the glass half empty or half full?

Some are pessimist, other are optimists.

I am "sooo fed up" with the defeatist attitudes many have.

I don't believe it is impossible at all to to punish "the kids, or parents."!

Should we get rid of all speeding laws because TENS OF THOUSANDS of drivers a year break them?

Last edited by Quick Enough; 01-27-2021 at 06:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration