Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 01:07 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,726,240 times

Advertisements

https://www.yahoo.com/news/colombia-...172903898.html

The other countries don’t want the migrants due to COVID concerns. Why do they think that the US should be any different? I hope that Biden can keep the Remain in Mexico policy in place. There will be disaster if everyone believes that they will have access to enter the US while waiting for an asylum court date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2021, 07:06 AM

62,950 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful for Life View Post

The other countries don’t want the migrants due to COVID concerns. Why do they think that the US should be any different? I hope that Biden can keep the Remain in Mexico policy in place. There will be disaster if everyone believes that they will have access to enter the US while waiting for an asylum court date.
Unfortunately, this is what has just happened.

Federal Court Lifts Block on Trump Policy Expelling Migrant Children at the Border

WASHINGTON — A federal appeals court on Friday lifted a block on a Trump-era policy of rapidly turning away migrant children as public health risks, ramping up pressure on the Biden administration to restore the asylum process at the southwestern border.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fe...QEw?li=BBnb7Kz

Old 01-30-2021, 07:20 AM

2,774 posts, read 902,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful for Life View Post

They are not "migrants". They are illegal aliens. Please stop trying to destroy the English language.

Old 01-30-2021, 03:20 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,823,179 times
I welcome the Colombians.
I love arepas.

Old 01-30-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I love arepas.
We don't already have Colombians here legally to make that? We need 700,000 bogus asylum seekers or illegal aliens from Columbia to make them?

Old 01-30-2021, 08:51 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,726,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I love arepas.
Lol. They’re not Colombians. They are primarily Cubans, Haitians and Africans.

The stranded migrants include some 647 Haitian nationals, as well as 23 Cubans, and 19 migrants from African countries, he said.

Old 01-31-2021, 08:24 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Excerpt: 700 migrants want to come to the US from Colombia

REsponse: Opinion

As long as they understand they carry the proper documentation
and know they will have to wait for their case to be heard in Mexico
until given the green flag by the United States and finally welcomed
into our country.

Old 01-31-2021, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post

into our country.
Unfortunately, Biden changed that. They no longer have to wait in Mexico. There is no way that 700 migrants are suffering from persecution based on their political, religious or sexual beliefs which are the only viable reasons to claim asylum in our country. It's bogus but Biden is going to let them all in anyway. Goodbye to the America we once knew.

Old 01-31-2021, 07:42 PM

3,702 posts, read 4,851,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post

into our country.
And pay the fees, file the petition, wait the month's, take the medical exams, have blood drawn, check their police records from every place they lived, have an interview and then wait for processing like my Colombian wife had to in order (and other legal immigrants as well) to be able to enter the country. And as the law has stated for years, overstays and deportees need not bother until their 5 to 10 year ban is up!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there isn't a country south of our border from Mexico to Colombia that one can't have a good, safe life in. All they need to do is quit with the gimmy, gimmy, gimmy, and look for better opportunities in their own country's. Any one of those places is popular for ex-pats and tourists from the US, Canada an Europe and they get by just fine!

Old 02-01-2021, 01:04 PM

9,457 posts, read 5,221,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
They are not "migrants". They are illegal aliens. Please stop trying to destroy the English language.
These people will never stop with that narrative....until one day, probably when you and I are dead, there will be no such thing as someone entering our country 'illegally' or references to 'aliens' which is in the law. There will just be a vast expanse of wasteland on the southern border and caravans of people just strolling on in.
But hey, why not open the northern border, too, from Canada? (although truth be told, they get to come and go fairly easily.....)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration