Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 12:07 PM

9,593 posts, read 31,560,957 times

Advertisements

North Carolina Community Colleges Will No Longer Admit Illegal Immigrants

FOXNews.com - North Carolina Community Colleges Will No Longer Admit Illegal Immigrants - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Obviously, and Thankfully . . . THE NOOSE IS TIGHTENING all over The Country!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 02:24 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,362,111 times
Personally I would prefer that the North Carolina school maintain it’s prior policy of allowing only those illegal immigrants who are over 18 and graduated from High School. I would rather have an illegal immigrant still continuing their education that some uneducated illegal immigrant. If they did, then they should not be allowed to have the lower in-state tuition rates. Since they are illegal, then technically they are not legal residents of the state, so they should pay the higher non-resident tuition. Also, if there is a waiting list for a class, then the legal residents/citizens get priority before an illegal immigrant.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:32 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Personally I would prefer that the North Carolina school maintain it’s prior policy of allowing only those illegal immigrants who are over 18 and graduated from High School. I would rather have an illegal immigrant still continuing their education that some uneducated illegal immigrant. If they did, then they should not be allowed to have the lower in-state tuition rates. Since they are illegal, then technically they are not legal residents of the state, so they should pay the higher non-resident tuition. Also, if there is a waiting list for a class, then the legal residents/citizens get priority before an illegal immigrant.
Too late now:

The illegals shot themselves in their collective feet 2 years ago with their illegal immigrants' 'rights' rallies and the repercussions are still being felt.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:44 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,363,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
North Carolina Community Colleges Will No Longer Admit Illegal Immigrants

FOXNews.com - North Carolina Community Colleges Will No Longer Admit Illegal Immigrants - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Obviously, and Thankfully . . . THE NOOSE IS TIGHTENING all over The Country!
How about that faucet is turned off entirely and they all go back across the border, get their DOCUMENTATION IN ORDER, and come back LEGALLY!

Oh no, that's asking them to OBEY THE LAWS!

If they've been here for so long, why not petition their government for some documentation when they cross the border, get a visa and work permit that way? If they wanna work here, DO IT LEGALLY! If they want to have access to HIGHER EDUCATION GO THROUGH THE PROPER CHANNELS LIKE EVERY OTHER FOREIGN NATIONAL WHO GOES TO SCHOOLS IN THE U.S.A.

PERIOD.

No sympathy here for any of them. How long can you take advantage of our system without having a backlash? Time has come for them to realize that they are not welcome here until they go through the process LEGALLY! STAND IN LINE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS GONE THROUGH THE PROPER CHANNELS TO COME HERE! NO AMNESTY!!!!

Old 05-13-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Too late now:

The illegals shot themselves in their collective feet 2 years ago with their illegal immigrants' 'rights' rallies and the repercussions are still being felt.
From the way I see it, the illegal immigrant trying to go to community college is not some illegal border crosser but the child of one. Now that child has graduated High School and should enjoy the benefit of continuing their education. They already demonstrated their willingness to be a part of the system by graduating High School. Hopefully the higher tuition and being continually placed at the end of the line behind citizens and legal residents will pressure the illegal to try to obtain citizenship.

However of the parents, that’s a different situation and not one I’m arguing for. I’m strictly for the children who followed their parents, stayed in school, and are still trying to continue their education. They should be given the option, just not with full privileges until they become citizens.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:58 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,499,289 times
Quote:
I must concur. I do not believe illegal aliens should receive in-state tuition, although several states offer it. IMO, in-state tuition legitimizes their status in this country by affording them benefits reserved for legal citizens.

I also agree with AzBear -- the damage is done. It also doesn't help their cause by having a website oozing with an ingrate entitlement mentality, and vulgar tirades.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:01 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,097,563 times
Quote:
From the way I see it, the illegal immigrant trying to go to community college is not some illegal border crosser but the child of one. Now that child has graduated High School and should enjoy the benefit of continuing their education. They already demonstrated their willingness to be a part of the system by graduating High School. Hopefully the higher tuition and being continually placed at the end of the line behind citizens and legal residents will pressure the illegal to try to obtain citizenship.

However of the parents, that’s a different situation and not one I’m arguing for. I’m strictly for the children who followed their parents, stayed in school, and are still trying to continue their education. They should be given the option, just not with full privileges until they become citizens.
I agree with madicarus reasoning. The child of a illegal immigrant that wants to continue their education is a big plus.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:

I agree with everything but citizenship. Granted, they had no control over being brought to this country by their parents. However, to grant citizenship, is to reward their parents for their lawlessness; not to mention, serves as an incentive for other parents to illegally bring their children to this country. I simply cannot condone any form of amnesty. Furthermore, many of these ‘children’ are now grown, and responsible for their own actions.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I agree with everything but citizenship. Granted, they had no control over being brought to this country by their parents. However, to grant citizenship, is to reward their parents for their lawlessness; not to mention, serves as an incentive for other parents to illegally bring their children to this country. I simply cannot condone any form of amnesty. Furthermore, many of these ‘children’ are now grown, and responsible for their own actions.
Who is talking about amnesty? I specifically stated that the illegal immigrant “try to obtain citizenship”. That keeps them responsible for their actions.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Who is talking about amnesty? I specifically stated that the illegal immigrant “try to obtain citizenship”. That keeps them responsible for their actions.
I have no problem, as long as they "try to obtain citizenship" while waiting in their country of origin. Anything short of getting in the back of the line would in fact be amnesty. They are still in this country illegally, and should not be on a “path to citizenship” ahead of those who chose to take the legal route.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration