Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2015, 05:08 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,372,783 times

Advertisements

medical insurance. I thought they didn't need insurance because they go to the hospital all the time for free. They don't even send them a bill here. I know they already have their babies free here. I guess that was all that was free to them in California. Can we do anything else to make their life easier? Some Americans have to make the choice to eat or buy their meds, but we can't have illegals going hungry or having the sniffles. This infuriates me because even though I pay for medical insurance, I still have to pay a large part of my medical bills. My insurance went up this year, and it's cheaper to buy most of my meds by paying cash, they've gone up so much, and have a $95.00 co pay each! I keep thinking why am I paying for insurance? Oh yeah, our dictator said I have to. But these people who shouldn't even be here get it completely free!

My daughter doesn't have medical insurance because she can't afford it, and was fined for not having it. She still can't afford it, and will be fined more this year. She can't even go to a DR. because they're so expensive. And she works. The illegal up the street from her has a husband and believe it or not, only 4 kids. Neither of them work, but can go to the DR. free for anything, medicines free. On the way home, they probably stop and buy groceries with their food stamps, then stop to pay their landlord with cash vouchers. They got to file 3 years back on their taxes. I don't know how because they don't work, but that's never stopped any of them before! A citizen doing all the right things, but she has to buy everything she has vs someone who's not even supposed to be here getting everything handed to them, then when they retire, they'll get our SS money. They don't have to work a day in their lives to draw our SS money, either. This sounds more like The Twilight Zone than real life.

California Committee Passes Bill to Provide Health Care Coverage to Illegal Aliens

On April 15, the California Senate Committee on Health passed Senate Bill ("S.B.") 4 which makes sweeping changes to the state's health care laws by providing illegal aliens with health care coverage. (Sacramento Bee, Apr. 15, 2015) S.B. 4, which was introduced by Senator Ricardo Lara, will open up Medi-Cal, California's taxpayer-funded health care program for poor citizens, to illegal aliens. It will also either allow illegal aliens to seek a federal waiver permitting them to purchase health insurance on the state exchange, or if the federal government does not approve, the bill will create a new taxpayer-funded exchange to give health care insurance to illegal aliens. (S.B. 4)
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 06:39 PM

62,895 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
medical insurance. I thought they didn't need insurance because they go to the hospital all the time for free. They don't even send them a bill here. I know they already have their babies free here. I guess that was all that was free to them in California. Can we do anything else to make their life easier? Some Americans have to make the choice to eat or buy their meds, but we can't have illegals going hungry or having the sniffles. This infuriates me because even though I pay for medical insurance, I still have to pay a large part of my medical bills. My insurance went up this year, and it's cheaper to buy most of my meds by paying cash, they've gone up so much, and have a $95.00 co pay each! I keep thinking why am I paying for insurance? Oh yeah, our dictator said I have to. But these people who shouldn't even be here get it completely free!

My daughter doesn't have medical insurance because she can't afford it, and was fined for not having it. She still can't afford it, and will be fined more this year. She can't even go to a DR. because they're so expensive. And she works. The illegal up the street from her has a husband and believe it or not, only 4 kids. Neither of them work, but can go to the DR. free for anything, medicines free. On the way home, they probably stop and buy groceries with their food stamps, then stop to pay their landlord with cash vouchers. They got to file 3 years back on their taxes. I don't know how because they don't work, but that's never stopped any of them before! A citizen doing all the right things, but she has to buy everything she has vs someone who's not even supposed to be here getting everything handed to them, then when they retire, they'll get our SS money. They don't have to work a day in their lives to draw our SS money, either. This sounds more like The Twilight Zone than real life.

California Committee Passes Bill to Provide Health Care Coverage to Illegal Aliens

On April 15, the California Senate Committee on Health passed Senate Bill ("S.B.") 4 which makes sweeping changes to the state's health care laws by providing illegal aliens with health care coverage. (Sacramento Bee, Apr. 15, 2015) S.B. 4, which was introduced by Senator Ricardo Lara, will open up Medi-Cal, California's taxpayer-funded health care program for poor citizens, to illegal aliens. It will also either allow illegal aliens to seek a federal waiver permitting them to purchase health insurance on the state exchange, or if the federal government does not approve, the bill will create a new taxpayer-funded exchange to give health care insurance to illegal aliens. (S.B. 4)
No surprise that this particular Senator is behind it.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:30 PM

22,461 posts, read 11,986,290 times
It's sickening to see illegals treated better than Americans! And to add insult to injury, Americans pay taxes which, in part, go to funding BS like this.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:49 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
HA HA HA...didn't take long for Obama to be proven wrong..."Illegals can't get subsidized Obamacare".

Old 04-23-2015, 09:11 PM

62,895 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
HA HA HA...didn't take long for Obama to be proven wrong..."Illegals can't get subsidized Obamacare".
Yeah, and we non-gullible ones knew it all along.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:24 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,151 times
Not surprised, California loves illegals.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:26 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,301 times
Treason is the only word I can think of for this. It is bad enough that are good for nothing idiots in D.C. refuse to enforce the rule of law, but that doesn't mean we need to give the illegals carte blanche. California truly is destined for failed state status one day. Moonbeam and his buddies will ensure of that.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:57 AM

1,059 posts, read 830,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Jerry "My Casa is Your Casa" Brown is firmly behind giving illegals health insurance. Interesting that ads are running on local TV stations showing little kids who don't have enough health coverages asking us to "help fund Medi-Cal to cover all the needy children; talk to your representative." Oh brother!

Allowing illegal aliens to vote has recently been discussed, but only for those illegals who hold Driver's Licenses.

Kinda like the story of the giraffe putting its head in the tent that keeps walking until it's all the way in.

Nancy Pelosi gave a commencement speech yesterday and included "we need to fix our broken immigration system." The rules on the books need no fixing; just follow the regulations already in already. And get rid of the anchor babies and use E-Verify. Is that so difficult? I am a Dreamer, too: Dreaming of the day the illegals are not welcome here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration