Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 02:07 PM

22,945 posts, read 28,339,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Exactly.
Enforcement operations have been scaled wa-ay back: The number of employers prosecuted for unlawfully employing immigrants dropped from 182 in 1999 to four in 2003, and fines collected declined from $3.6 million to $212,000, according to federal statistics.

In 1999, the United States initiated fines against 417 companies. In 2004, it issued fine notices to three.

The ICE did get 147 criminal convictions last year, including $15 million in settlements from WalMart (guess that's a drop in the bucket for them.)
Funny how those numbers coincide with the Bush administration coming into office. Hmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2007, 02:25 PM

603 posts, read 1,997,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The thing is: This would be so easy to fix.

Why are illegal aliens coming to this country? Yes, I know that some are criminals coming to commit crime, but that is an extreme minority. Probably way less than 1%. Most are coming to find work. Why? Because businesses will hire them.
It's actually closer to 10%. President Bush said in a speech that 1 in 12 illegals had criminal records, so let's assume that the current estimates are right and there are 12 million illegals here currently (and that's a low estimate). That means we've added an additional 1 million criminals!!! And, as mentioned, these immigrants are 19 times more likely to join a criminal gang than our current population. Frightening.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:32 PM

603 posts, read 1,997,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatless Wonder View Post
Suppose then, that 10,000 Americans joined in the burning and looting of the second largest city in Mexico

Do you mean the LA riots? The rioters were Black, not Mexican.
In fact there were MANY, MANY rioters who were not black. Do some digging and you will find it. Just think about the demographics of LA and it might make more sense. But regardless, no other nation besides a guilty Western country would put up with this garbage. We must also remember that 95% of our current immigrant population, legal and illegal, are coming from Third World countries (Latin America, Africa, South Asia), many non-English speaking, and they have never had to assimilate into a First World society. Nearly all these countries have populations who are resentful of the colonial/imperial powers that once ruled them. Is it healthy to be importing HUGE numbers of people from these places? Remember, we have the option to choose where our future citizens come from.

So I ask: Is it inherently wrong that the US immigration policy be crafted so that the peoples that come to this country reflect the make up of America, predominantly come from English speaking countries, have a history of successful assimilation, and preference to those coming from historically christian nations? This is how our immigration policy had always been until 1965. We went from letting in approximate 180,000 people per year to the 1.8 million today, of which 95% are from the Third World (including nations hostile to this country). All I want, and a lot of Americans want, is a policy that follows some sort of logic other than, "come one, come all!". When I put it all into perspective, I think we are committing cultural suicide.

Last edited by WazzuCoop21; 01-03-2007 at 02:48 PM..

Old 01-03-2007, 03:15 PM

96 posts, read 275,833 times
Default per hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
The illegals in construction I know make about 5-7 an hour. How they live on that is 2-4 families per home and no taxes taken out.. They pool thier money together.
Hi,
About a week ago there was a program on tv and a construction company in Colorado , GOULD CONSTRUCTION, if I recall it right, say's that they pay $14.00 /hr. and the illegal's that wereon the program said the same thing. Not to be argumentive , Just for general info.

LOVE THE U.S.A.

Old 01-03-2007, 03:36 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,685,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE THE U.S.A. View Post
Hi,
About a week ago there was a program on tv and a construction company in Colorado , GOULD CONSTRUCTION, if I recall it right, say's that they pay $14.00 /hr. and the illegal's that wereon the program said the same thing. Not to be argumentive , Just for general info.

LOVE THE U.S.A.
Thats not the norm. We have been in construction 20 years, most citizens dont get paid 14.00 an hour.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:36 PM

211 posts, read 291,142 times
Sorry guys, we need a guest worker program. What I've said before is no path to citizenship or anchor babies so we do not get demographically swamped (as we are) and have our scumbag officials pandering to the Hispanic vote. I do not support democracy in a changing nation such as the United States which is switching to a third world peoples.

And about the riots... Both Hispanics and Blacks are just killing themselves over dilapidated neighborhoods in LA. If you've been watching the news they have been battling out in America's prisons. I find it quite sad Whites are a minority in prison but <66% of the US population -- god help them. Diversity is great, eh?

-- Sorry, no. We can't continue to import people who have done nothing but leech off what others have built and invented while never even having a wheel or successful society themselves.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:45 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,127,493 times
Quote:
Why Americans are so angry about illegal immigration
Anger generally comes from fear. The feeling of helplessness. Change is always scary. The ones who have the most (least?) to loose will always be the most fearful.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:48 PM

211 posts, read 291,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Anger generally comes from fear. The feeling of helplessness. Change is always scary. The ones who have the most (least?) to loose will always be the most fearful.
Every American should be fearful we're basically losing our country and it's being cheered on by our President and the Communist groups.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:56 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,685,114 times
This is from my dad:

He is angry because he feels, that what they demand and recieve and what america puts up with wasnt there for his family coming from Germany or my mothers family coming from Ireland. My mothers family suffered more than his, but he feels his family was cheated out a fair existence here, the became legal, learned the language, suffered from poverty never asked for anything, many of my mothers family died from disease ( no health care available)and lack of food,people would put up" Irish need not apply" signs for jobs, he is bitter that alot show no respect no willingness to assimulate. yes there are many that do and will, but we are speaking of the ones that wont even after being here 20-30 years or the ones that have baby after baby to get assistance. if they come to this country assimulate, pay whatever taxes they can ( I hear the IRS has an ID program), keep their money here and put back into the country, and stop using all our systems to death, I have no problem.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:59 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,127,493 times
Quote:
we're basically losing our country
Things. Change.

Governments. Tumble.

People. Move.

Borders. Shift.

Regimes. Rise.

Etc etc

Humans, somehow, persevere.

So far.

(probably a bit too esoteric for this board, but what the heck).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration