Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 06:09 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,178,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Everyone is guilty at some stage of history.

My Manifest Destiny Response was to Senator Palpatein's attempt at painting this rosy picture of Americas past like they were always playing the role of defender...

In Yoda's voice "not so, they were very much offensive, your grandparents were, Senator Palpatein!"

I never said Mexico is concerned about their citizens, obviously from President Calderon speech he isn't too concerned.
And; you are evidently correct there.

That stated: taking care of Mexico's 'rejects' should not be the problem of the USA.

Again: Mexico------grow up! If Ireland, Italy and Spain can do so, why not you, Mexico??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 08:42 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,572,644 times
In all fairness, "Manifest Destiny", while it may sound shocking by today's standards, was pretty much 'par for the course' back in its day. MOST 'great nations' (even the ones who were only 'great' by their own self-estimation) had hugely inflated ideas of "themselves', their culture, their 'destiny', and their special relationship with God.

Check out how China once felt about ITSELF....How about Japan...Russia....Germany.....Spain....Great Britain....Argentina...Mexico....and that's just the "non-Islamic" world. Check out some of the "National Anthems" of these places..

It's just in the nature of "great" nations (even the BAD ones) to be pretty 'full of themselves'. The US comes in for a lot of special criticism, mostly because it admits its faults...it 'discusses' its unflattering history, and it examines its past errors, and not because we're a 'bad' nation. In the context of nations, believe it or not, we're actually a pretty GOOD one. If we weren't, we wouldn't be having an 'immigration' debate at all..legal or otherwise.

Just had to mention this......

Old 06-11-2008, 06:54 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,720,158 times
I haven't read all the replies here, but wanted to share a definition of "illegal alien" that someone just sent me, and this seemed to be a good place to do it:

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

They're both lawbreakers.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I haven't read all the replies here, but wanted to share a definition of "illegal alien" that someone just sent me, and this seemed to be a good place to do it:

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

They're both lawbreakers.
Or a carjacker an "overly aggressive hitchhiker"....

Old 06-11-2008, 09:36 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,457,199 times
Abank robber............an unexpected borrower.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:38 PM

219 posts, read 425,659 times
LOL More! More!

Old 06-11-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
LOL More! More!
Always late...."chronologically challenged"

Party crashers.."guests lacking invitations".

Rapist...has "problems bonding with the oposite sex"...

Cheating mate...."Faithful most of the time"...

Abusive bully..has "anger management problems", and is prone to "act out"

Suicide bomber..."a person of VERY serious religious convictions"....a "martyr"

Lies by a Politician..."Clarifying my earlier statements"...

Old 06-11-2008, 10:46 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,633,965 times
I've done far more than my share of illegal alien bashing. However, the only thing that is going to get rid of the illegal aliens and to stop the illegal Mexican invasion is to attack the employers of illegals. The tough on the employers of illegals laws passed in Arizona and Oklahome resulted in a mass exodus of illegals in those states. Flash. Wake up sheeple. Can you think of anything else that hase caused a mass exodus of illegals? The employers of illegals provide the jobs magnet that draws the illegals here and without which the illegals would never come in the first place. Those illegal already here, suddenly without jobs, would have no choice but to return to Mexico.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,778 times
Well I have alos grownup in Texas, but i have also lived on the East Coast and the West Coast. First off let me start by saying that the goverment has to much power. thats right, its the american people that dont standup when the goverment doesnt simply deport them and close the borders until we fix our nation from the illegal "fiesta". Another point is when Pres. Bush was almost done with his term in office and gas prices all of the sudden rose $3 per gallon or more in some places, then they went back down right before Obama comes in office (if you dont know Pres. Bush family has many oil fields) hmm lets think about this. I learned some years ago thre is no such thing as the "American Dream" anymore, lets face facts1.) Our System is fallin/g apart2.) Goverment officails have $$ in there eyes3.) Whites are the New minority4.) Illegals are the cancer to USA (the cure is your voice SPEAK UP PEOPLE)I'm sick and tired of the racial issues that plague America. Everything i look at now in the stores has english/spanish, and so do most of the jobs. The blacks run around most of the time "we were slaves, you owe us "united negro fund" blah blah, but what they forget to realize is white people were slaves once as well but you dont see us running around looking for handouts because we were slaves, you dont see United Cacasian Fund..oh no if we did that it would be rasicst. I see to many times 9-10 mexicans in one car, or (in PLano,tx) they have made little stands for them with roof tops so they dont get rained on when they stand on the corner waiting for work. Also about the terror issue, well lets just say habeb comes here from his sand land and buys a 7-11, well for 10 years habeb doesnt have to pay tax's on this company he owns, so when his 10 years of tax free time is nearing an end his brother comes from sandy land and buys that 7-11 and then opens a 2nd 7-11 tax free as well and they keep doing this. this is what most of them doing and it plays a big role in why the commercial taxs are so high for legit companies who pay there taxs.Solution: If people would stand up for there rights and to the goverment many of these things wouldnt be as bad. Dont just post on the forum, send letters, get signed voters to sign a petition, flood the goverment with the people's voice as they have flooded America with to much BS to fill there pockets.Think about hard next time someone ask you "habla espanol" or how ever you spell it. one guy told me i should speak spanish i said why this is Amercia not mexico im white not spanish and you seem to know english and asked him if he habla'ed me. Im angry.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:14 AM

1 posts, read 641 times
I've been denied jobs because I don't know any Spanish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration