U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-21-2008, 06:22 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
26,012 posts, read 38,411,959 times
Reputation: 38351

Advertisements

Discussion On Prince William Immigration Proposal Postponed - News Story - WRC | Washington

I think someone on this board spoke too soon when PW rolled back a few provisions on its policy. More checks = more illegals out of Northern VA.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-21-2008, 06:32 AM
 
Location: Washington DC
5,915 posts, read 7,710,301 times
Reputation: 954
I sit here in Washington DC and laugh. This county is controlled by a bunch of RW ideologues. I predict it will go broke within a year. The merchants are screaming and a lot of people seem to be moving out and taking their business elsewhere. In the midst of a housing bubble they are raising property taxes to pay for the extra police needed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2008, 07:02 AM
 
1,448 posts, read 2,948,249 times
Reputation: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
I sit here in Washington DC and laugh. This county is controlled by a bunch of RW ideologues. I predict it will go broke within a year. The merchants are screaming and a lot of people seem to be moving out and taking their business elsewhere. In the midst of a housing bubble they are raising property taxes to pay for the extra police needed.
If its illegals moving out they can take their business back to Mexico. Hasta La Vista.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2008, 07:24 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,144 posts, read 39,947,363 times
Reputation: 3842
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
I sit here in Washington DC and laugh. This county is controlled by a bunch of RW ideologues. I predict it will go broke within a year. The merchants are screaming and a lot of people seem to be moving out and taking their business elsewhere. In the midst of a housing bubble they are raising property taxes to pay for the extra police needed.
Funny; quite a few self described Bleeding Hearts are as anti illegal immigrant as your putative Right Wingers.

Give it up, rlchurch, it is over for your ilk who aid and abet the above lawbreakers
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2008, 07:39 AM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,858,051 times
Reputation: 2735
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Funny; quite a few self described Bleeding Hearts are as anti illegal immigrant as your putative Right Wingers.

Give it up, rlchurch, it is over for your ilk who aid and abet the above lawbreakers
Exactly. This is not about left vs right, dem vs rep. It should really have nothing to do with politics-IMHO. It is about enforcing the law plain and simple. However the open borders lobby and the big corporations who profit off of illegal lawbreakers while killing American wages make it political and thus enforcing our laws becomes "contriversial".


Nicolem
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2008, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Washington DC
5,915 posts, read 7,710,301 times
Reputation: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Funny; quite a few self described Bleeding Hearts are as anti illegal immigrant as your putative Right Wingers.

Give it up, rlchurch, it is over for your ilk who aid and abet the above lawbreakers
Let me know when you start deporting undocumented workers especially when you get your first million out the door.

Meanwhile PW county will be either under new management or a ghost town.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2008, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,144 posts, read 39,947,363 times
Reputation: 3842
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Let me know when you start deporting undocumented workers especially when you get your first million out the door.

Meanwhile PW county will be either under new management or a ghost town.
Trust me; I am helping to show the illegals the 'door' as we speak
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2008, 08:02 AM
 
Location: Washington DC
5,915 posts, read 7,710,301 times
Reputation: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Trust me; I am helping to show the illegals the 'door' as we speak
I checked with PW county this morning. They say you never showed up. Aren't you in the wrong thread, Arizonabear? Maybe you should be in the "I hate McCain's immigration policy" thread
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2008, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,144 posts, read 39,947,363 times
Reputation: 3842
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
I checked with PW county this morning. They say you never showed up. Aren't you in the wrong thread, Arizonabear? Maybe you should be in the "I hate McCain's immigration policy" thread
Did I say 'PW County'?

No; it is over for your side.......you are simply not aware of it just yet
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2008, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Washington DC
5,915 posts, read 7,710,301 times
Reputation: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Did I say 'PW County'?

No; it is over for your side.......you are simply not aware of it just yet
I'm predicting more trouble for RW PW county than liberal District of Columbia.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top