Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2022, 09:46 PM

1,719 posts, read 731,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
What happens when undocumented immigrants falls off a roof and gets injured or killed? Every workplace death in the US is an automatic OSHA investigation. Some injuries require investigation too.

Why would an employer take that risk?
It depends upon whether or not the roof is undocumented, and if the injuries and death are documented or undocumented by the employer, who may be documented or undocumented himself. Also, an automatic OSHA investigation might be undocumented, in which case it needs become documented before it can report the undocumented roof, injuries, and death, which may be actually documented, even if they seem undocumented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2022, 10:16 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,833,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
It depends upon whether or not the roof is undocumented, and if the injuries and death are documented or undocumented by the employer, who may be documented or undocumented himself. Also, an automatic OSHA investigation might be undocumented, in which case it needs become documented before it can report the undocumented roof, injuries, and death, which may be actually documented, even if they seem undocumented.
So basically you're saying it's time to change your diapers. Will you hire an American citizen for that?

Old 04-12-2022, 06:25 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
What happens when undocumented immigrants falls off a roof and gets injured or killed? Every workplace death in the US is an automatic OSHA investigation. Some injuries require investigation too.

Why do you continue to call illegal aliens "undocumented immigrants"? Are you just trying to irritate and be cute?

Are you saying that employers don't take risks by hiring illegal aliens? How are they working if that's the case? The employers know they can pay them less and increase their profits so they are willing to take the risk.

Old 04-12-2022, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
When I was in college 1971-74 the area where I lived had farms where flowers for the florist industry were grown, and all of the workers were Mexican, most illegal. I know because they were customers where I worked. When we re-roofed our first house in 1992 the workers were all speaking Spanish. When was this "invasion" that you speak of? The only recent change is the legal immigrants from India coming here to work in tech for $200k at Amazon and Microsoft, the low pay hard labor workers have been here for many years.
When was this illegal invasion? Huh? We have at a minimum 12 million illegal aliens here today and over 1 million of them crossed our border in the past six months alone. There was a new record of illegal aliens entering our country under Biden. Where have you been?

Old 04-12-2022, 07:41 AM

21,122 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Americans don't want to do the work because they make more on welfare. The illegals can't get welfare (I don't think).

Old 04-12-2022, 09:51 AM

1,719 posts, read 731,550 times
Quote:
So basically you're saying it's time to change your diapers. Will you hire an American citizen for that?
It cracks me up whenever a grown man reveals how hung up he is because because his mother didn't praise his boom booms enough.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:52 AM

148 posts, read 113,627 times
Quote:

Most illegals have fake paperwork so the employer can just play dumb and say that they checked the paperwork and it looked okay to them. Or most are hired on as subcontractors in which case you don't need to check any paperwork at all.

Old 04-12-2022, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Americans don't want to do the work because they make more on welfare. The illegals can't get welfare (I don't think).
That's simply on true of most Americans and from what I understand welfare is only a temporary assistance and not everyone qualifies for it.

Illegals use stolen SS numbers to gain employment so what's to stop them from using it for other purposes to?

Old 04-12-2022, 01:32 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,833,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirotek View Post
Most illegals have fake paperwork so the employer can just play dumb and say that they checked the paperwork and it looked okay to them. Or most are hired on as subcontractors in which case you don't need to check any paperwork at all.

STill doesn't answer the question. What happens when an undocumented immigrant gets killed or injured on a job site ?

If one breaks their leg on a job site in New York are they going to walk back to Mexico ?

Regardless if paper work is real or not the employer is still responsible for workers on a job site. An employer can't throw their hands up and say "I didnt' know the paper work was fake" therefore I have no liability. Any employer that thinks that will learn a hard lesson in court when they get sued.

Old 04-12-2022, 02:08 PM

Quote:
STill doesn't answer the question. What happens when an undocumented immigrant gets killed or injured on a job site ?

If one breaks their leg on a job site in New York are they going to walk back to Mexico ?

Regardless if paper work is real or not the employer is still responsible for workers on a job site. An employer can't throw their hands up and say "I didnt' know the paper work was fake" therefore I have no liability. Any employer that thinks that will learn a hard lesson in court when they get sued.
Don't know as there is no such thing as undocumented immigrant! Tell us who you are really talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration