Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 01:11 PM

31 posts, read 122,863 times

Advertisements

in the article: More than 300 illegal immigrants arrested or deported in crackdown_English_Xinhua

Quote:
The arrests were part of raids that were conducted across California,
in which 905 illegal immigrants were arrested, officials said.
good to see and I hope it continues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2008, 09:49 AM

742 posts, read 2,067,380 times
More, more! Deport, imprison, hard labor, etc. Anything to make an example of them for others to see.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:00 AM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
More GREAT NEWS, iKnan . . .

Once all areas of our country GET SERIOUS with the ILLEGALS (in fact, ALL common criminals), the message will reverberate back to the areas that promote and/or subsidize the invasion.

Old 05-25-2008, 11:19 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKnan View Post
in the article: More than 300 illegal immigrants arrested or deported in crackdown_English_Xinhua

we dont really need mass deportations to solve thie illegal immigration problem. all we have to do is take it one raid at a time and punish employers severely. if those two big magnets for illegals are gone self-deportation will happen more and more and we save $$$$ for every illegal who leaves on their own.

Old 05-25-2008, 11:37 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
If local government really wants to get tough on illegals, all they have to do is raid any local construction site they can find. They are there! And the crap about there being no one else to do the jobs they do, that is bull. The only problem is that Americans expect to get paid a decent wage for their work while illegals take what they can get. Not saying that is fair, but that is how it works. And yes, I am a small business owner in the construction business so I do have first hand info. on the current situation. I see it every day and I meet Americans every day who are out of work and would love to have one of these jobs that the illegals are filling. Now if the immigrant is a legal alien working towards citizenship, then he/she deserves everything our nation has to offer its citizens. But we need to cut the cord on the support of illegal immigrants in this country.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:59 PM

8 posts, read 9,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
If local government really wants to get tough on illegals, all they have to do is raid any local construction site they can find. They are there! And the crap about there being no one else to do the jobs they do, that is bull. The only problem is that Americans expect to get paid a decent wage for their work while illegals take what they can get. Not saying that is fair, but that is how it works. And yes, I am a small business owner in the construction business so I do have first hand info. on the current situation. I see it every day and I meet Americans every day who are out of work and would love to have one of these jobs that the illegals are filling. Now if the immigrant is a legal alien working towards citizenship, then he/she deserves everything our nation has to offer its citizens. But we need to cut the cord on the support of illegal immigrants in this country.
I agree with everyone here except iKnan.I also am from NC reads2much only i live in Ca. now.905 is not nearly enough,there are over 40 million in our country now and who knows how many of that number are in Ca. alone. What i'd like to see is a nationwide sweep of all illegal aliens and their anchor babies,and make absolutely sure they're deported to wherever they came from. The tax payer money that would be saved would be through the roof,because as soon as it's announced,all the mexican illegals would run like rabbits back to mexico.That also would allow American construction workers jobs again,as well as those in the food industries that they also have saturated. I used to be able to work in either feild,but because of the numbers of these parasites that will take my job for less than a living wage,myself and over 20 million Americans are out of work.!!! Reads2much i commend you and sincerely hope you use E-verify on all your employees.I'm a carpenter framer and finish carpenter,and if you think it's bad on the sites in NC,let me tell you that here in CA.you will find EVERY site crawling with illegals and you no longer hear English being spoken on the job sites. There has to be a Presidential candidate that has the balls to get rid of these parasites and give America back to us Americans.!!!

Old 02-25-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:

iKnan,you don't have nearly enough enthusiasm. Good quote,but what is really needed is a nationwide sweep of all illegals and anchor babies from sea to shining sea.Once it's announced through the media they'll run like rabbits and self deport so many at a time they'll have to widen every border control station that we have. It will be like rush hour on the 405,605and 5 freeways. I pray everyday for gridlock of mexicans self deporting back across the border,and that day should be marked as a national holiday.!!!

Last edited by MortarMaggotCo-A-1st-19th; 02-25-2012 at 02:11 PM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 02-25-2012, 11:24 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:

Quote:
three weeks of raids that ended this week
Why was this only a three week period? Why not continue it?

Quote:
The majority of the 327 people who were arrested in the Los Angeles area were immigrants who had ignored final orders of deportation
All well and good, but how many orders do they get? Why do they get "ordered" in the first place and not just deported upon arrest? Do they get arrested, ordered to leave and released? How many times do they go through the wash, rinse, repeat cycle before actually getting deported???

Old 02-26-2012, 02:42 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,469,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Why was this only a three week period? Why not continue it?

All well and good, but how many orders do they get? Why do they get "ordered" in the first place and not just deported upon arrest? Do they get arrested, ordered to leave and released? How many times do they go through the wash, rinse, repeat cycle before actually getting deported???

Ah, the things the general public does not know. Years ago I was assigned to a special position in a Southern California Jail in it's Intake and release center. We classified all incoming "keeper arrests" for housing. At a certain point in time aprx 14 years ago they allowed what was then INS to set up office next to us in the jail. Initially we thought this is great! INS will deport all of these scum bags. NOT!
Many times I would refer them to an inmate who was obviously illegal. INS would say what is he in for. I would say misdemeanor warrants or misdemeanor street chages but he has a rap sheet 6 feet long.
INS would say, nope can't deport. We can only deport felons!!!!!!!
What the H-LL! You've got them right here incustody for commiting a crime plus the crime of being here illegally but you will not deport!
I could go on and on about the idiotic way we were forced to handle illegals once I went to the street as a deputy.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:17 PM

That's pretty messed up because being in this country illegally IS A FELONY!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration