Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2023, 08:55 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Food stamps, etc. aren't sent back to Mexico. You seem confused. These parents that were deported left their U.S. born kids here so that they could get those benefits so that their parents wouldn't have to support them in Mexico. What kind of parents don't take their kids with them when they are deported?

When parents break the law kids often suffer but no kids should benefit from their parent's lawbreaking. They are their parent's responsibility not the American taxpayer. I find it disgusting that liberals think we should have to provide for kid's with irresponsible parents whom also violated our immigration laws. It's not about simply "existing" it's about all of the above.
I was commenting on her comment that the kids are sending benefits back to Mexico.

You’re demonizing children for the sins of the parents, bottom line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Public assistance includes a monthly check in addition to the food stamps and Medicaid. What ever family member has the 5 or 6 kids will receive child tax credits also.

Relatives that keep the children can qualify as foster parents and get monthly payments for that care.

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/researc...their-children

"The rules vary greatly from state to state, but in general, undocumented caregivers wouldn’t be eligible to become licensed foster care parents, according to a 2017 report by the American Bar Association."

Maybe we sympathize with the citizens that are going without services due to illegal aliens not taking their children home with them. Maybe we secure the border to stop this problem, as they are all having 5 or 6 kids, and we pay to deliver them and raise them, while many citizens are having 1 or 2 kids, because they are responsible to provide for them, and those thousands of children that are being dropped by illegal aliens!

Do you realize how other children live throughout the world, because their parents couldn't come across the border get pregnant and drop an anchor baby? Why is it fair that we spend billions every year on these people who break our laws, when children elsewhere are starving and/or ill, some without even clean drinking water.

The point is that the illegal aliens need to take their children with them without a choice, as abandoning your children in our country is breaking the law, of course, we are talking about people who care NOTHING about our laws in the first place.

I found out that one school system was supporting the illegal aliens living with relatives, calling them homeless, and taking away food support for our own homeless to send to illegal aliens who came in and were all living together. She said "Well, they are technically not homeless, but we are using the funding for homeless."

Nope, I don't care. My only child suffered due to the present of illegal aliens/anchor babies in the school system in AZ. English As A Second Language was part of the Special Education Program, so my child was denied needed speech therapy, because the cost of ESL was eating up all the funds they had!

The children are the responsibility of the parents, and they should be forced to take them home with them, as maybe then, it would discourage others for dropping their burdens in our laps!

This shows a preference for children of Hispanic origin versus say children suffering much worse conditions in Asia and Africa. We have to draw the line somewhere, and these anchor babies have parents that need to care for them. Again, this speaks to the purpose of having these children in the first place. While here in the US the illegal alien parents collect child tax credits for all the kids and other benefits. What a quality group of people to allow into the country.

Sympathy? The kids have parents, and we should make every effort to unite the parents and children in their home country, beyond that, I see no further obligation. We cannot help it if kids have parents that only have them to use them to get benefits for themselves.
Thanks for clarifying what you meant. Yes, foster parents get money but why would you think they are not using it to benefit the kids?

I agree we should reunite parents and kids and parents who leave their kids probably think they are allowing them a better life. Yes, it’s illegal, and the laws should change or at least be enforced. But demonizing kids is wrong, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2023, 10:39 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I was commenting on her comment that the kids are sending benefits back to Mexico.

Thanks for clarifying what you meant. Yes, foster parents get money but why would you think they are not using it to benefit the kids?

I agree we should reunite parents and kids and parents who leave their kids probably think they are allowing them a better life. Yes, it’s illegal, and the laws should change or at least be enforced. But demonizing kids is wrong, period.
The children as US citizens have the full array of public assistance benefits at their disposal, and if the relatives take them in, then the foster parents get the payments, and these are generally family members. The number will grow, as they were having sex in the halls of the hotels, I suspect "long train running" type in order to make sure they dropped anchors before their court dates.

These people move into areas, turn every room into a bedroom, have numerous children that we pay to support, that drain our school budgets, etc., so they need to be with their birth parents that decided to bring them into the world. Imagine that there could be 15 to 20 kids in single family home, each drawing monthly benefits.

I didn't demonize the children, I just want them to go home with their parents. The mistakes of the parents always impact the children, as look at all the citizen parents incarcerated in the USA who have broken our laws. The cries from the illegal aliens and their supporters is that these illegal aliens (and almost 100% of the time they get anchored by these kids we pay to deliver and raise) that the parents shouldn't be separated from their children, yet we do that with our citizens that break the laws, so why is their a preference to reward illegal aliens and their anchor babies? Illegal aliens break the laws every day to remain in the country, every single day. If we made hospitals (where illegals go to get the US birth certificate for their anchor baby and public assistance benefits) mandated reporters, let them deliver and then transport them to their home country, this discussion would not be necessary if the laws were being enforced.

We have enough citizen mooches not to import them. I have no use for anyone that uses children to benefit themselves in any way, and the sad truth remains "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree". Watch the crime grow in an area. Also, if corrected, the 14th Amendment used it was meant to be, that would take care of leaving their children here, and most likely greatly decrease the illegal aliens coming into the country.

I have lived among these illegal aliens in 2 states where their presence was every single day, so it isn't like I don't realize what they are doing to our way of life and country. I have lived their presence in 4 different cities, so I don't get my information from the media.

Detain and deport.

Old 04-24-2023, 11:21 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post

Who's demonizing kids? It doesn't matter what the parents think. If they are decent, loving parents they'd take them with them when they are deported. They wouldn't violate our immigration laws and take from Americans what doesn't belong to them in the first place either. Why are their kids more important than our own kids? So how should our laws change? Sanctimoneous, virtue signaling, bleeding hearts are going to be the death of our nation.

Old 04-24-2023, 11:37 AM

554 posts, read 294,640 times
Quote:
Food stamps, etc. aren't sent back to Mexico. You seem confused. These parents that were deported left their U.S. born kids here so that they could get those benefits so that their parents wouldn't have to support them in Mexico. What kind of parents don't take their kids with them when they are deported?
Parents that want their children to be able to reap the opportunities of living in America and have a better future than them. Did that never occur to you?

Old 04-24-2023, 11:56 AM

2,157 posts, read 1,441,352 times
Quote:
I think any parents with a sense of morals would not desert their kids but then these aren't honest people anyway otherwise they wouldn't have violated our immigration laws and gave birth to 5 kids they couldn't support themselves without the taxpayer picking up the tab. .
I think that the parents know what is best for their children more than you would.

Quote:
Who's demonizing kids? It doesn't matter what the parents think.
Actually it does matter what the parents think. What does it matter what outsiders that are foreign to the situation think?

Quote:
If they are decent, loving parents they'd t
Not necessarily. There are a lot of tough situations where the parents realize the best overall situation for the children leads to separation. Throughout history there are many instances where a parent had to make this choice.

Old 04-24-2023, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdad99 View Post
Parents that want their children to be able to reap the opportunities of living in America and have a better future than them. Did that never occur to you?
Did it ever occur to you that they had no right to violate our immigration laws in order to achieve that? How is it making a better life for Americans and their kids while these illegals give birth on our dime and steal, jobs, taxes and resources from Americans to the tune of over $100 billion a year? From what I read about what this TV series is about the parents didn't bring their kids here for a better life anyway. They gave birth to them on our soil! So no, they didn't come here to make a better life for any kids they had in Mexico.

No one has a right to a better life by breaking laws and taking from others what doesn't belong to them!

Old 04-24-2023, 12:27 PM

Another thing is there is no way that these parents could have supported 5 kids without the taxpayer helping to pick up the tab. These aren't doctors and highly paid workers crossing our border illegally. It's bad enough that we have many Americans giving birth while the taxpayer has to subsidized their kid's upkeep because they don't make enough money to support them themselves but when foreigners come here illegally to do so it puts added stress on our welfare coffers and creates another whole host of problems of which I have already mentioned many times. Bleeding hearts and ethnocentrics don't care though.

Old 04-24-2023, 02:08 PM

4,413 posts, read 5,145,849 times
Quote:
You don’t do that by breaking the law. Off the bat, by your measure, the kids become “better” by learning that cheating and stealing is a plausible means to an end.

We don’t need to import any of that.

Old 04-24-2023, 06:03 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Then to be fair, many parents around the world want the same thing, so why aren't we catering to them also. We are spending billions on illegals from South & Central America, and sending their 3rd world dives lots of cash.

A parent that robs a bank to make a better life for his/her children, embezzles money from a company to make a better life for their children, writes bad checks to cover expenses for their children - fraud, work in the illegal sex trade to make a better life for their children, sell drugs to make a better life for their children etc., all of those children suffer when their parents tried to "make a better life for them", and those parents didn't even have a chance to be with their children after breaking our laws.

Don't expect a pity party from me for anyone that breaks our laws!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
I think that the parents know what is best for their children more than you would.

Actually it does matter what the parents think. What does it matter what outsiders that are foreign to the situation think?

Not necessarily. There are a lot of tough situations where the parents realize the best overall situation for the children leads to separation. Throughout history there are many instances where a parent had to make this choice.
Best for their children? What was best for them created those children that we paid to deliver and raise, and now, faced with supporting them and/or those anchors not panning out, they dump them. Keeping the family together, not if they have to pay the bills created by those failed anchors.

The only outsiders are the illegal alien parents that are dumping their kids, when the kids failed to anchor them to OUR country. It matters what we think, because we are the ones stuck with supporting their failed anchors! We pay the bills, we have a say.

Oh, we all know why they dump them, and why they had them. When the anchor failed, they cut it loose! Maybe this is a "cultural" thing, of which most of us do not understand. I wonder how many kids they abandoned when they left their mother country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
You don’t do that by breaking the law. Off the bat, by your measure, the kids become “better” by learning that cheating and stealing is a plausible means to an end.

We don’t need to import any of that.
Exactly, we have our own share, and transporting in illegal drugs, and paying off debts to their coyote through the cartels by being sold to factories, sold as sex worker slaves or street gangs, where the heck are the parents of these kids? I read that a 13 year old was working in a slaughterhouse!

Old 04-24-2023, 07:07 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Quote:
The same goes for parents around the world, but their countries don't border ours. Why is fair for anyone to jump the line?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration