Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2023, 10:06 AM

5,214 posts, read 2,961,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
What 1 million empty homes in FL? My son is looking for a house and the market is pretty slim I. His price range.
Some of the homes are empty because of snow birds, they are owned but sit empty for much of the year. Others are perfectly good homes that were bought up by corporations that are taking forever to be remodeled to be resold. One near us has been worked on for over 2 years. Other homes are bought by corporations and the corporations are sitting on the homes waiting for the prices to go up even higher before they sell them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2023, 10:07 AM

62,350 posts, read 28,634,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, send us your poor, your tired, your cheap labor that won't complain or unionize so we can exploit them and suppress the wages of the working poor in the US because we have these guys.

Then those of us with good educations and money can enjoy cheaper goods and services while feeling all smug about how we care for the little guy by supporting this.

The thing is that most of these migrants will be making bogus asylum claims because they are being told that by claiming asylum they will be allowed into our country with a court date to review their cases which could take years and many of them won't show up for them because they know their claim isn't valid and then we are stuck with them forever.

Old 04-28-2023, 10:07 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,737,594 times
The voter pool will get much larger before 2024. How many of our new friends will vote for Trump... or Biden? How many of our new friends will have their data used to vote for Biden?

There are a lot of balls in the air that are being juggled.

What will these additions do to the economic stress? food supply? energy supply? schools? housing? local government infrastructure? We are hemorrhaging as it is now.

Old 04-28-2023, 10:10 AM

5,656 posts, read 2,618,212 times
In my view, the 2024 Presidential Elections is starting out similarly to how the 2016 Presidential Election started out. A lackluster economy and an invasion at the southern border, with a Democratic President who is turning on the porch lights and waving them across...

Old 04-28-2023, 10:11 AM

41,645 posts, read 17,252,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
In my view, the 2024 Presidential Elections is starting out similarly to how the 2016 Presidential Election started out. A lackluster economy and an invasion at the southern border, with a Democratic President who is turning on the porch lights and waving them across...
This President is going one further....going down to these countries to process them before they even make the journey here

Old 04-28-2023, 10:12 AM

37,485 posts, read 21,726,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
goodness it's almost like they have a plan.....
We don't need a wall, we need a double wall

Old 04-28-2023, 10:13 AM

25,215 posts, read 18,382,119 times
Foreign Invasion: the federal government has a responsibility to protect the citizens of this nation from invasions. What should be happening is the military being sent to the border and the invasion being stopped. Period. By whatever means necessary.

What is happening? Nothing. The federal government is abjectly rogue at this point, thus needs to be defunded, completely dismantled, and restructured in the way that is prescribed in the constitution and as envisioned by the founders of this nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Maybe those corps that own 25% of houses will let them go, or those with 2/3 homes, settle for one. Just maybe we can fill those 1 million empty homes in Fl to start. Most boomers at one point can’t handle all of it and they are aging rapidly.
Perhaps you could set up a tent city of a dozen or so in your back yard in order to offer assistance. Perhaps they could set up an MS-13 chapter back there.

Old 04-28-2023, 10:16 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,737,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
We don't need a wall, we need a double wall
We need God through Jesus Christ.

Old 04-28-2023, 10:21 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,355,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Foreign Invasion: the federal government has a responsibility to protect the citizens of this nation from invasions. What should be happening is the military being sent to the border and the invasion being stopped. Period. By whatever means necessary.

What is happening? Nothing. The federal government is abjectly rogue at this point, thus needs to be defunded, completely dismantled, and restructured in the way that is prescribed in the constitution and as envisioned by the founders of this nation.

That would be trying to put your baby shoes on when you are an adult. I wish we could let the founding fathers see for themselves and opine. I bet many people like you wouldn't like what they say. I don't think they intended that in the course over two centuries the constitution has very little done to it to match modern times.

Old 04-28-2023, 10:27 AM

25,215 posts, read 18,382,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
That would be trying to put your baby shoes on when you are an adult. I wish we could let the founding fathers see for themselves and opine. I bet many people like you wouldn't like what they say. I don't think they intended that in the course over two centuries the constitution has very little done to it to match modern times.
I don't they would support a stampede of criminals overrunning our southern border now any more than they did then. And especially not support the idea of providing their room and board upon the backs of those who are already citizens of this nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration