Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2023, 09:28 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
This President is going one further....going down to these countries to process them before they even make the journey here
If that process also includes screening their cases for validity then it's much better than allowing them to come up to our border and allowing them into our country prior to screening their cases for validity but I doubt that is what is happening down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2023, 09:31 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
To those whining about a housing shortage, Eat CAKE.
You mean whining about the affordable housing shortage. Those 4.9 million illegal aliens the Biden Admin let into the US aren't renting or buying mansions. They're ADDING to the crisis of insufficient affordable housing as they have to live somewhere and they don't have much money.

Old 04-28-2023, 09:33 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
This President is going one further....going down to these countries to process them before they even make the journey here
Well, what better way to reduce the numbers of illegal entry than by just making them legal before they get there?

Sorta backward but that is the upside down world we live in.

Old 04-28-2023, 09:42 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,399,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I don't they would support a stampede of criminals overrunning our southern border now any more than they did then. And especially not support the idea of providing their room and board upon the backs of those who are already citizens of this nation.
Maybe so maybe not. I chuckle at the thought of showing General Washington an AR15 and then giving a demonstration and inform him it isn't a weapon of war. Can you imagine the look on his face? Anyhoo I digress.

Old 04-28-2023, 09:46 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Maybe those corps that own 25% of houses will let them go, or those with 2/3 homes, settle for one. Just maybe we can fill those 1 million empty homes in Fl to start. Most boomers at one point can’t handle all of it and they are aging rapidly.
I'm sure you have proof of the ONE MILLION EMPTY HOMES in FL.

You do have proof, right.......?

Old 04-28-2023, 09:49 AM

4,545 posts, read 2,271,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Some of the homes are empty because of snow birds, they are owned but sit empty for much of the year. Others are perfectly good homes that were bought up by corporations that are taking forever to be remodeled to be resold. One near us has been worked on for over 2 years. Other homes are bought by corporations and the corporations are sitting on the homes waiting for the prices to go up even higher before they sell them.
Not sure what the point is about snow birds? Should we let illegals take over snow birds homes? Should there be a law about how many homes someone can own?

Old 04-28-2023, 09:50 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Well, what better way to reduce the numbers of illegal entry than by just making them legal before they get there?

Sorta backward but that is the upside down world we live in.
They aren't "illegals" though...they are all refugees now.

Old 04-28-2023, 09:59 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Not sure what the point is about snow birds? Should we let illegals take over snow birds homes? Should there be a law about how many homes someone can own?
It was asked about the million homes. I answered why some of them are empty.

Old 04-28-2023, 10:03 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I'm sure you have proof of the ONE MILLION EMPTY HOMES in FL.

You do have proof, right.......?
https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=milli...pty+in+florida

Yes, I am being a smart alek.

Old 04-28-2023, 10:07 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Maybe so maybe not. I chuckle at the thought of showing General Washington an AR15 and then giving a demonstration and inform him it isn't a weapon of war. Can you imagine the look on his face? Anyhoo I digress.

Yes, but the same could be said for someone showing a muzzleloader musket to someone from the Roman Empire times. Technology marches on. Can you imagine what kind of weapon someone from five hundred years in the future could show us right now? I'll bet an AR-15 would look to them like a spear looks to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration