Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2023, 07:30 AM
nng nng started this thread

695 posts, read 289,555 times

Advertisements

My post in the Mexico forum was banned by a moderator who thought I was being a racist and trolling. I'll post here. All I put is that I read on the internet that Mexico Mexican culture is an interdependent culture where everything is informed by being dependent on each other
Also, I stated that my mexican friend from I think southern Mexico told me Mexicans think this way I have to be good to this person because they might be useful to me later on, and that Mexicans tend to stick together because Americans don't understand that kind of culture. I wasn't trolling at all. I guess that's trolling you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2023, 07:37 AM

62,969 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
My post in the Mexico forum was banned by a moderator who thought I was being a racist and trolling. I'll post here. All I put is that I read on the internet that Mexico Mexican culture is an interdependent culture where everything is informed by being dependent on each other
Also, I stated that my mexican friend from I think southern Mexico told me Mexicans think this way I have to be good to this person because they might be useful to me later on, and that Mexicans tend to stick together because Americans don't understand that kind of culture. I wasn't trolling at all. I guess that's trolling you all.
I'm not a fan of Mexican culture as it's very tribalistic. However, this is the Illegal Immigration forum and your post doesn't belong here.

Old 08-09-2023, 07:37 AM

I also put Americans are more individualistic we teach our kids to be independent you have to stand on your own two feet kind of thing. I guess stating facts is trolling now? The reason my thread was banned is because I was supposedly trolling. What a silly moderator for real. Lol you deviate from their viewpoint and then your suddenly trolling!

Old 08-09-2023, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'm not a fan of Mexican culture as I have lived among them for far too long but I won't go into detail as to why I feel the way that I do as this is the Illegal Immigration forum and your post doesn't belong here.
I tried posting on Mexico forum they wouldn't allow it
My bad. If the moderator hadn't deleted my post for trolling I would have never posted here, Oldglory.

Old 08-11-2023, 05:39 PM

8,340 posts, read 2,966,443 times
If it’s not worse why have tens of millions of illegals flocked to the U.S. in recent decades?

Mexico is corrupt throughout. From top to bottom.

Old 08-11-2023, 05:49 PM

19 posts, read 9,001 times
There are tourist towns in Mexico where Americans live and work remotely. The Mexicans complain saying they are ruining their “culture” having Americans there. It’s like 50 remote Americans there.

Seriously Americans have a massive massive problem with being too nice. Where did all this foolish niceness come from exactly?

At least the progressive liberals are okay to smash and destroy stuff when they don’t get their way. The progressive “activists” have no qualms bullying and abusing their opponents.

Why are we so stupidly nice to the illegals? They are literally robbing us and we just balk at it like it’s no biggie, like we have unlimited resources, cmon and keep stealing? Get real already. At the very least verbally tell illegals that you are angry about the invasion. Say SOMETHING. I know I do. Straight to their face.

Most of the illegals are children themselves. They are 18-19 year old kids scared out of their minds if they were not be pampered like they are. The invaders are little kids.

Old 08-11-2023, 05:59 PM

62,969 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuresounds View Post
There are tourist towns in Mexico where Americans live and work remotely. The Mexicans complain saying they are ruining their “culture” having Americans there. It’s like 50 remote Americans there.

Seriously Americans have a massive massive problem with being too nice. Where did all this foolish niceness come from exactly?

At least the progressive liberals are okay to smash and destroy stuff when they don’t get their way. The progressive “activists” have no qualms bullying and abusing their opponents.

Why are we so stupidly nice to the illegals? They are literally robbing us and we just balk at it like it’s no biggie, like we have unlimited resources, cmon and keep stealing? Get real already. At the very least verbally tell illegals that you are angry about the invasion. Say SOMETHING. I know I do. Straight to their face.

Most of the illegals are children themselves. They are 18-19 year old kids scared out of their minds if they were not be pampered like they are. The invaders are little kids.
Do you have a link to your claims that most Mexicans here illegally are kids? I think you are way off base here.

I don't know who is here illegally and who is not except if they can't speak English I suspect that they are.

Old 08-11-2023, 06:18 PM

15,847 posts, read 6,547,612 times
People tend to prefer their own culture and many think theirs is the best. Is it actually better? I suppose it depends on how you are measuring it. I will say that Spanish culture seemed much classier than Mexican culture. But that's probably also true for England vs. the USA.

Old 08-11-2023, 06:40 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
If it’s not worse why have tens of millions of illegals flocked to the U.S. in recent decades?

Mexico is corrupt throughout
. From top to bottom.
There has been a LONG HISTORY of corruption and vice in Mexico.

Winfield Scott:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winfield_Scott
- - - "As military commander of Mexico City, he was held in high esteem by Mexican civil and American authorities alike, primarily owing to his pacification policy and fairness. For example, when he drew his "martial law order" to be issued and enforced in Mexico (to prevent looting, rape, murder, etc.), all offenders, both Mexicans and Americans, were treated equally."

The new Rome; or, The United States of the world (1852)
By Theodore Poesche, Charles Goepp

On page 18, there is a quoted speech from General Scott, regarding an offer from the Mexicans for him to remain, and govern them... and later annex Mexico to the USA. (Surprise !)

Speech by Winfield Scott at Sandusky, Oct 11th 1852
He said, “An offer was made to me to remain in Mexico and govern it. The impression which generally prevails that the proposition emanated from Congress is an erroneous one. The overture was made to me by private citizens men of wealth and prominence. During our stay in Mexico our system of government and police was established which as the inhabitants themselves confessed gave security for the first time perfect and absolute security to person and property. About two fifths of all the branches of government including nearly a majority of the members of Congress and the Executive were quite desirous of having that country annexed to ours.

“They knew that upon the ratification of the treaty of peace nineteen out of twenty of the persons belonging to the American army would stand disbanded and would be absolutely free from all obligations to remain in the army another moment. They supposed if they could obtain my services I would retain these twelve or fifteen thousand men and that I could easily obtain one hundred thousand more from home. The hope was that it would immediately cause annexation. They offered me one million of dollars as a bonus with a salary of 250,000 per annum and five responsible individuals to become security in any bank in New York which I might name. It would be so arranged that I might get it in five days. They expected that annexation would be brought about in a few years or if not that I could organize the finances and straighten the complex affairs of that government. It was understood that nearly a majority of Congress was in favor of annexation and that it was only necessary to publish a pronun ciamento to that effect to secure the object. We possessed all the arms of the country and occupied their cannon foundries and powder manufactories had possession of the fortified places and could easily have held them in our possession if this arrangement had gone into effect. A published pronunciamento would have brought Congress right over to us and with these fifteen thousand Americans holding the fortresses of the country all Mexico could not have disturbed us. We might have been there to this day if it had been necessary.

“I loved my distant home I was not in favor of the annexation of Mexico to my own country. Mexico Proper has about eight millions of inhabitants and out of these eight millions there are not more than one million who are of pure European blood. The Indians and mixed races constitute about seven millions. They are exceedingly inferior to our own. As a lover of my country I was opposed to mixing up that race with our own. This was the first objection on my part to this proposition. May I plead some little love of home which gave me the preference for the soil of my own country and its institutions.”
- - - Winfield Scott, [ pg. 18, The new Rome; or, The United States of the world (1852)
By Theodore Poesche, Charles Goepp ]
If one infers that the "racial slur" is a reference to intrinsic cultural differences, it's more palatable to modern viewers. Remember, under American law, individuals are sovereigns without subjects (unless they consent to be governed). Whereas the Indians were a subjugated people and acted accordingly.

Old 08-11-2023, 10:17 PM

6,868 posts, read 4,870,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
I also put Americans are more individualistic we teach our kids to be independent you have to stand on your own two feet kind of thing. I guess stating facts is trolling now? The reason my thread was banned is because I was supposedly trolling. What a silly moderator for real. Lol you deviate from their viewpoint and then your suddenly trolling!
Most ( not all) American kids are not independent. Helicopter parents holding their hands every step they take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration