Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2023, 09:03 PM

2,221 posts, read 1,344,047 times

Advertisements

Apparently, Minnesota is about to give 81K illegal immigrants driver licenses through their driver licenses for all scheme. What will be the implications of that move I wonder??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2023, 06:23 AM

1,954 posts, read 839,085 times
Higher insurance rates for all Minnesotans in the name of EQUITY!

Old 09-13-2023, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerlynorthofnowhere View Post
Higher insurance rates for all Minnesotans in the name of EQUITY!
Are you saying that "eventually" because of wrecks, etc., all rates will rise, or are you saying all rates will rise immediately in anticipation of insurance claims??

Old 09-13-2023, 07:29 AM

6,855 posts, read 9,395,707 times
This happened in Colorado and Colorado Democrats OF COURSE tried to make it all about “safety” and how it would be “safer” for everyone to have a license, but we all know it has nothing to do with that at all and everything to do with trying to legitimize the illegitimate. As an added bonus, later on, Democrats passed “motor voter” and while they claim to have some safeguards in place to ensure that illegal aliens aren’t erroneously registered to vote, it does happen from time to time. It’s a total mess, but given the fact that Minnesota is a total mess, I’m surprised they didn’t already have this benefit available to illegal aliens.

Old 09-13-2023, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
This happened in Colorado and Colorado Democrats OF COURSE tried to make it all about “safety” and how it would be “safer” for everyone to have a license, but we all know it has nothing to do with that at all and everything to do with trying to legitimize the illegitimate. As an added bonus, later on, Democrats passed “motor voter” and while they claim to have some safeguards in place to ensure that illegal aliens aren’t erroneously registered to vote, it does happen from time to time. It’s a total mess, but given the fact that Minnesota is a total mess, I’m surprised they didn’t already have this benefit available to illegal aliens.
So, by obtaining a driver's licence, it is possible for illegals to appear to be legal and to vote? If they have a cloak of legality, so to speak, then I can envision all sorts of problems. They would be indistinguishable from American citizens.

Old 09-13-2023, 08:13 AM

6,855 posts, read 9,395,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinneyWalker View Post
So, by obtaining a driver's licence, it is possible for illegals to appear to be legal and to vote? If they have a cloak of legality, so to speak, then I can envision all sorts of problems. They would be indistinguishable from American citizens.
At the DMV, when I got my Colorado driver’s license, they didn’t look at ANY documentation from me. They just took my license from my former state and handed me a temporary Colorado license. So I can totally see a situation in which a DMV employee is careless and checks the box to also automatically register someone to vote.

To elaborate on this, illegal aliens aren’t supposed to be automatically registered to vote when obtaining a driver’s license, but when I talked to my County Clerk and Recorder’s office about this topic to see what the safeguards actually are to catch erroneous registrations, it doesn’t seem like a bulletproof process to me. At a high level, they will audit each election but it’s a random sample of ballots and they aren’t specifically looking for whether or not an illegal alien who has a driver’s license happened to return a ballot, although it could be caught during the audit. Ultimately, if an illegal alien is erroneously registered to vote and erroneously receives a ballot in the mall, it’s on the illegal alien to read and not sign the affidavit on the ballot.

Now, do I think illegals are voting in huge numbers? No. But, do I think the processes in place are as bulletproof as Democrats claim? After talking to my County Clerk and Recorder’s office, no. Do I think Democrats have created this situation because they LIKE having a gray area and WANT to create a situation of confusion in which an illegal alien might receive a ballot in the mail, be confused, and return it? HELL YES.

Old 09-14-2023, 04:04 AM

7,658 posts, read 4,629,457 times
We've had them in California for awhile. I mean, you need something to identify them in order to get healthcare and other benefits. I wish healthcare was provided for for citizens, but you know, that's just my entitlement talking. Better to help out the illegals. More people, more complexity, more problems for the government to help with. Suddenly rights go to residents instead of citizens. More and more come. Your neighbor sells their place. The buyer rents it out, not just the home, but builds a shack in the back as well. They convert the garage. The driveway has a RV that looks like it will never work again and your once empty street has cars parked all up and down it tightly as the neighborhood does the same. As the demographics change the local supermarket closes and changes to an ethnic one. Your gym is overridden with people living off the showers and changing rooms....shaving and leaving hair everywhere. The old citizens start to move out and are replaced by new residents. There's no melting pot...just a transfer of culture from the old world to the new one because there's nothing left to melt into. And one day you realize that there's millions and millions of people that will follow because no matter how much your neighborhood is deteriorating, it's 100x better than some place they are coming from. If anyone is melting into someone, you realize it's you into them.

And you'll wonder why your leaders didn't realize the same thing sooner. But with values going through the roof and a population used to worse you realize they've put themselves in power for life. Any voices of taking a conservative path are drowned out by the wailing of the very real needs imported. Add a little propaganda spin about how life is great and why aren't you thinking the same and you'll realize....you're outnumbered. To make up for spins and shortcuts the government puts into play a million regulations....until the cost of true compliance is so high that it's a 1/3 the price to go with contractors from the new group....and the dual economy is born. Every branch of every piece of the economy has to have a contingency about what to do if someone is a resident not a citizen.

Why are so many Californians moving into other areas? Even with that happening, why does the population of the State continue to go up? There is a very different type of person that comes here legally versus illegally. Like an old elderly person looking at some young kids doing something stupid in disbelief all I can say is....good luck Minnesota. You can still get out of it yet, but you're making a mistake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk

Old 09-14-2023, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
We've had them in California for awhile. I mean, you need something to identify them in order to get healthcare and other benefits. I wish healthcare was provided for for citizens, but you know, that's just my entitlement talking. Better to help out the illegals. More people, more complexity, more problems for the government to help with. Suddenly rights go to residents instead of citizens. More and more come. Your neighbor sells their place. The buyer rents it out, not just the home, but builds a shack in the back as well. They convert the garage. The driveway has a RV that looks like it will never work again and your once empty street has cars parked all up and down it tightly as the neighborhood does the same. As the demographics change the local supermarket closes and changes to an ethnic one. Your gym is overridden with people living off the showers and changing rooms....shaving and leaving hair everywhere. The old citizens start to move out and are replaced by new residents. There's no melting pot...just a transfer of culture from the old world to the new one because there's nothing left to melt into. And one day you realize that there's millions and millions of people that will follow because no matter how much your neighborhood is deteriorating, it's 100x better than some place they are coming from. If anyone is melting into someone, you realize it's you into them.

And you'll wonder why your leaders didn't realize the same thing sooner. But with values going through the roof and a population used to worse you realize they've put themselves in power for life. Any voices of taking a conservative path are drowned out by the wailing of the very real needs imported. Add a little propaganda spin about how life is great and why aren't you thinking the same and you'll realize....you're outnumbered. To make up for spins and shortcuts the government puts into play a million regulations....until the cost of true compliance is so high that it's a 1/3 the price to go with contractors from the new group....and the dual economy is born. Every branch of every piece of the economy has to have a contingency about what to do if someone is a resident not a citizen.

Why are so many Californians moving into other areas? Even with that happening, why does the population of the State continue to go up? There is a very different type of person that comes here legally versus illegally. Like an old elderly person looking at some young kids doing something stupid in disbelief all I can say is....good luck Minnesota. You can still get out of it yet, but you're making a mistake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk
artillary77, all I can say is you have your eyes wide open and see things very clearly, more clearly than many. You said it all. I could not agree more. As I read what you wrote, it sounded like an explanatory soundtrack to a video of many neighbourhoods around here. Thanks for your great post.

Old 09-14-2023, 07:46 PM

9,180 posts, read 13,280,385 times
The people of Minnesota, or at least many of them, have to be among the stupidest people in the Midwest.

They are like, how can we take our formerly well-run state, where our largest city of Minneapolis used to be compared to a Canadian city for high QOL, and then turn it into the next Illinois and Chicago. Way to go Minnesota, way to ruin your own home. Keep voting far left.

Old 09-14-2023, 08:13 PM

412 posts, read 160,664 times
Take a look at the maps for voting by county.

The first one is 2020 President.

https://www.sos.state.mn.us/media/43...-by-county.pdf

The second is for 2022 Governor.

https://sos.mn.gov/media/5345/govern...-by-county.pdf

Does that look like it should be considered a far left state? Not to me.

But then, I only filled out one ballot. Silly me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration