Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM

62,953 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

The White House is considering granting deportation relief to more than one million people who entered the US illegally before marrying American citizens.

The assist to so-called “mixed-status couples” is seen as another concession to would-be Democratic voters ahead of the Nov. 5 election — and would follow potential executive action by Biden to tighten border security, the Wall Street Journal reports.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...3fd3365f&ei=40

Just another slap in the face to our immigration laws rewarding those who violate them. A concession to would-be Democratic voters? What does that even mean?

Oh, and as usual Biden and the Democrats demand another amnesty in exchange for border security. Shouldn't we be entitled to that without rewarding immigration violators?

This is just another type of version of DACA only worse because these adult illegals violated our immigration laws knowingly and willingly. I wonder how many of them married U.S. citizens for the sole purpose of hoping to be able to stay here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:56 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Yup^^^^I've lost count as to the number of illegals who married Americans. After they get married and get US citizenship, they dump their spouse. Then the next step for them is to take advantage of chain migration and start bringing in all their relatives.

So...Biden will give them US citizenship without being vetted or taking any written tests? If so, that is grossly unfair to legal immigrants who obeyed all our immigration laws.

Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Yup^^^^I've lost count as to the number of illegals who married Americans. After they get married and get US citizenship, they dump their spouse. Then the next step for them is to take advantage of chain migration and start bringing in all their relatives.

So...Biden will give them US citizenship without being vetted or taking any written tests? If so, that is grossly unfair to legal immigrants who obeyed all our immigration laws.
I know of two couples myself. One was a farce of a marriage just to attempt to remain here.

At this point Biden just wants to allow them to remain here. I'm sure down the road they will be given a path to citizenship to. I would suppose that they will have to take the citizenship tests just like everyone else but that's beside the point. Why are they getting a pass on our immigration laws just because they married an American citizen, farce or not?

Yes, it is grossly unfair to immigrants who came here the right way and married an American citizen.

Last edited by Oldglory; Yesterday at 03:03 PM..

Old Today, 11:17 AM

15,432 posts, read 25,814,526 times
I thought that when an illegal alien married a citizen that it does not give them any advantage to get a green card or to become a citizen. It just becomes the mixed status marriage the Biden wants to address. I’m confused by your comments that some did get citizenship or residency by marriage.

I do know one mixed status couple, but in their case the spouse entered legally. However, due to circumstances has not been allowed a green card yet. The interesting thing I noticed in the article is that Biden wants to give preference to those who entered illegally, while leaving those who entered legally (including overstays) out in the cold. That seems weird to me. (I do want to clarify, that their spouse did not overstay their visa.).

Old Today, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I thought that when an illegal alien married a citizen that it does not give them any advantage to get a green card or to become a citizen. It just becomes the mixed status marriage the Biden wants to address. I’m confused by your comments that some did get citizenship or residency by marriage.

I do know one mixed status couple, but in their case the spouse entered legally. However, due to circumstances has not been allowed a green card yet. The interesting thing I noticed in the article is that Biden wants to give preference to those who entered illegally, while leaving those who entered legally (including overstays) out in the cold. That seems weird to me. (I do want to clarify, that their spouse did not overstay their visa.).
You are correct. When an illegal alien marries a U.S. citizen then it does not automatically give them an advantage to stay here. There are circumstances though where if they go back home and apply to come back legally after a 3 year waiting period or where the couple has kids and can prove if the illegal parent leaves it would cause a hardship to the kids those may be exceptions. Could be other loopholes available to them to.

Biden wants to change the rules though and it's utter BS, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration