Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 09:40 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times

Advertisements

Apology accepted...

Your 'argument' seems to come from a point that claims Lou Dobbs is a racist. That's a rather large supposition to make, so how about we start with examples of what you think are 'racist' comments made by Mr. Dobbs.

I'd be happy to engage you on that basis, WITHOUT throwing insults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 10:05 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliedvideo View Post
a short response to Alanboy395's comment.

Mr. Obama is bought and sold by the same businesses that run our government. That is why he agrees with the mainstream opinion. (Look into obama's relationship w/ Goldman Sachs) The problem is that the situation is more complex than just granting amnesty or building a fence. Here's a short breakdown of what I think should be done pulled from a post on another site.

I have no problem with Mr. Dobbs. I see exactly where he is coming from, but I think that his solutions and opinions are no though out enough. The problem with immigration is the mexican economy which the US had a large part in destroying. Again the Government, not the people. A fence would only help us ignore the problem, people will still be trying to get here illegally. I suggest attacking the problem at the source as opposed to creating a band aid solution. The problem is I dont think that Lou shows the whole picture. The problem is the Mexican economy. Yes it is not the American people's fault that it is this way, it is the government, but there comes a time where we must either answer for our government or revolutionize it. I dont see anyone revolutionizing it at all. Mr. Obama is certainly not change at all. If you want people to be coming here leagally you must make it economically feasible. Right now it costs around 150-200$ to come here from Mexico. Most jobs in Mexico pay very little - around .20 to.30 cents an hour at most for a majority of jobs open to the families who end up coming illegally. When you work 40 hrs a week and make 8$ and then have to spend almost all of it, spare a few cents, on food for your family, how are you going to save up 120-200$ to pay for legal citizenship? The waitlist is also something like 10 years long now. If the quotas were relaxed and the cost was lessend, these people would be coming here legally and businesses would have to pay them the same wages as us. The issue is that the government wants nothing to do with that as the businesses want nothing to do with that. What do you think of that situation/idea? Of course If I were to implement it, it would also have to go together with a massive plan like the WPA to create a lot of more jobs for legal citizens who are having trouble getting employment.

Im not saying open the border wide and let everyone in, but lets at least make it more rational. And to be honest is is simple to explain why American Black and Latinos are against illegal immigration.

They are the ones most effected by the job loss. This would change if we made it possible for more people to come here legally. Eventually immigration would subside as the possibility of American companies getting illegal workers shrinks. This can only happen by making the process more affordable for those workers. Then they will have legal papers, be forced to follow the same rules we do, be providing into a system to help grow the education system to support enough classes to learn English, etc etc.

I think that is a more solid solution that just building a fence. Certainly we can still do that, but we should start thinking more comprehensively if we are going to force our politicians to act on this issue.
And yet another pro illegal with a subtle Calderon approved agenda appears. To begin with the amount of legal immigrants we let in seems to be an amount that can fairly easily assimilate into our society. You know, what is good for America, not what is good for all of the people in the world who want to come to America.

The same old ridiculous agrument that fewer illegals will break in if we let more immigrants in legally. Crapola. Scumbag employers of illegals who provide the jobs magnet that draws the illegals here in to first place will still be hiring illegals and paying that lowest wage that an illegal will work for. That will ensure that the flow of illegal Mexican scabs will continue. So we'll have just as many illegals but now more legal immigrants than we need.

Your crackpot Calderon approved idea will just ensure that more of the Mexican population moves to the US. That's your real agenda, right?

How about if we make univeral mandatory e-verification the law of the land? This forces scumbag employers to stop hiring illegal Mexican scabs and is the only way to stop the illegal Mexican invasion. Those illegal Mexican scabs already here, suddenly without jobs, will mostly go back to their Mexican hellholes. I'm sure that you and Calderon don't want any part of e-verification, do you?

Old 07-17-2008, 10:25 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
AZ bears comment on TV.

The news is the worst part of TV to watch. They show you what will sell without giving you the whole story. I hope you get news from places other than the TV.
Correct: there is a definite pro illegal slant on TV.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:26 AM

35 posts, read 61,656 times
Roguer

I agree with e-verification. I simply want to solve the problem of immigration, and maybe I should also address the need to enforce the law on employers. You are right in that aspect, but I still argue the majority of my arguement that the immigraiton problem can only be solved through economics as it was created by economics.

I hate Calderon. He was elected in a rigged election. He stole his seat from the people of Mexico who had elected a candidate that would have helped the mexican people get out of thier economic situation. Calderon just wants to become buddies with US corporations so that they give him money. That's the truth.

As far as Guy Pinestra's post.

I have posted my report for the past two days on the blog.
TheTechRevolution
Under the Lou Dobbs Watch section. I will collect these statistics and compare them to larger reports done on the media and TV institutions. Do I personally think some things Mr. Dobbs says are racist or targeted at raising hatred towards Hispanics. Some people after watching his show might want to check the ID of every Hispanic. Would they do the same for whites? Couldn't white immigrants also be working for cartels, criminal organizations, or be terrorists? certainly that is true. There are several former US citizens who now work for Al Queada. Mr. Dobbs may not think he is racist, and he may not intend to seem or be that way, but he certainly does certain things that are racist in nature or by thier implied actions.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:29 AM

35 posts, read 61,656 times
AZBear.

Where is the pro illegal slant. Give me shows, names, etc.
Give me times, places, when people say things like "everyone should come here illegally" etc. etc.

I don't think there is anything pro-illegal that I have seen. Some support the people who are here and want them to be legal citizens so they dont put themselves and us at risk. That's what I see. And I watch a LOT of TV.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:34 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Correct: there is a definite pro illegal slant on TV.
Absolutely! I will add not just TV but media in general-newspapers too- like the New York Times and The Wall Street Journal.

Nicolem

Old 07-17-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
As far as Guy Pinestra's post.

I have posted my report for the past two days on the blog.
TheTechRevolution

Under the Lou Dobbs Watch section. I will collect these statistics and compare them to larger reports done on the media and TV institutions. Do I personally think some things Mr. Dobbs says are racist or targeted at raising hatred towards Hispanics.

Some people after watching his show might want to check the ID of every Hispanic.

Would they do the same for whites? Couldn't white immigrants also be working for cartels, criminal organizations, or be terrorists? certainly that is true. There are several former US citizens who now work for Al Queada. Mr. Dobbs may not think he is racist, and he may not intend to seem or be that way, but he certainly does certain things that are racist in nature or by thier implied actions.
I just had to highlight this HUGE piece of diversionary rhetoric, it's par for the course when it comes to this debate. Saying 'some might' and then basing an argument on the premise that 'most are' is not just disingenuous, it's plain DISHONEST.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
AZBear.

And I watch a LOT of TV.
That explains a LOT...

Old 07-17-2008, 10:44 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
AZBear.

Where is the pro illegal slant. Give me shows, names, etc.
Give me times, places, when people say things like "everyone should come here illegally" etc. etc.

I don't think there is anything pro-illegal that I have seen. Some support the people who are here and want them to be legal citizens so they dont put themselves and us at risk. That's what I see. And I watch a LOT of TV.

One example is the term "immigrants" being used when referring to either illegal aliens or legal immigrants. The two groups are lumped together which in my opinion is outright disgusting and sneaky. The only news program on tv that consistently distinguishes between the two is Lou Dobbs. This calling all immigrants-whether illegal or not- is done to muddy the waters so to speak. This is right out of the OBL playbook. Another is the ridiculous terms used like "undocumented"-when if fact they are illegal. Instead of illegal-call them some pretty name to overshadow what they really are.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:03 AM

299 posts, read 547,058 times
From the blog: TheTechRevolution

"Lou continually refers to NCLR as an ethnocentric organization. This is not the case. NCLR is a group designed to help hispanic families and individuals in the united states."

Exactly what do you think an ethocentric organization is? What Lou Dobbs said is the absolute truth. The NCLR does not go out and help Anglo families, unless of course they happen to be married to an Hispanic or some part of their family is Hispanic. You certainly don't see them going all out for black families or any other culture or ethnicity.

Here ya go, just for your edification and so you will stop with all of your LIES about Dobbs.

ethnocentric
adjectivecentered on a specific ethnic group, usually one's own
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration