Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 04:08 PM

26 posts, read 38,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What strikes me about the original post is how bad they had it, and then he left, but then he returned. I am confused . Eating garbage is pretty low and if its true my heart bleeds for him. But to go from eating garbage to being able to afford to travel to brazil and back again seems like life wasn't too bad.
Carrying cinderblocks for 12 hours to get 100 tax free dollars. What would that be if taxes were net after taxes? 140 bucks maybe? 12 bucks an hour for unskilled laborer.
Now lets assume that due to him taking that job that a legal citizen could not. Mostly because a legal has to pay taxes and so he would get the 12 an hour. Lets assume that now a legal is either unemployed or had to change trades.
This individual has a computer and time to post. He can afford the internet, and rent. Life must not be so bad.
Equal rights in this country really apply to legal residents even though we grant a good many benefits to illegals that neither pay for them nor earn them. All on the taxpayers back.
I don't look for gratitude but one might expect silence from one who takes and takes but returns nothing to the country that he now lives in.
your statement would be true, if you actually had taken the time to read the entire post.
i did mention that my parents DO pay taxes, BOTH for their work AND for the house we live in.
and honestly it isint so hard to find a job, and personally i havent met someone that WANTED to work on construction. as there are many other options for someone who is a legal citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 04:17 PM

26 posts, read 38,328 times
Quote:
ok so im sitting here on my sofa, just taking a stroll through the net.

So what are you going to do next? I see that you have articulated your problems and hardships, but I don't see any solutions. Are you simply making a statement? Anyway, most, if not all, of your challenges are self-imposed. Interesting story, but what do you want us to do?
selp imposed, being that i was 8 years old, and my parents didnt have money to go back to brazil, let alone barely eat?

Quote:
Another1 your story has touched me:

I will tell you something irmao, I was an illegal immigrant in Brazil for 2 years, I never had a problem people never minded about my "illegal" status, I even explained some federal polices why I was here, and I guess that you being from Brazil know that you can speak out of things honestly and openly and people won't judge you.

This world is wrong man, people are so confused and enslaved by patriotism and prisioners of nationalism that they don't recognize the fellow human being, they just see labels.

I believe that thanks to people like you and me, this world will be a better place someday, don't worry too much about what others think, God gave you a consciousness for you to use it.

vá sempre com o amor e a luz irmao, fica com deus
vlw pela forca
somebody that knows how it is, thats how they respond.

Quote:
Yes, beating the system. You sound like a typical illegal. Get out of my country. We don't want you, or your family.
and you sound like a typical american.
actually no im sorry, you sound lower then the typical american.
rude, ignorant, and with a rational thinking disorder.

Quote:
Illegals are "forced to take the scraps"?? What - you call free medical care, free schooling, free welfare, free WIC, free food stamps, etc. "scraps"?

We give illegals everything, and then they spit on us in return, like the Mexicans screaming and yelling in the streets for their so-called "rights", waving another country's flag, and expecting US to pander to them.

The American people do not want illegal immigration, and we're tired of paying for people who shouldn't even be here - it's our government that won't stand up and do what's right. But, things are changing, state by state, city by city, and town by town.

If you think Brazil is better about "treating people equally", why not go back?
ok as i have posted before, i will again.
there are a few possible answers to this post as to what is wrong with it.

1.you cant read. i clearly said i DO PAY TAXES. even though im not a citizen and get the benefits i should be getting. in other words, im doing more then you.

2.ok where can illegals get all of those things? please tell me how because by all means i would like to get them. oh no never mind i just realized you dont UNDERSTAND the diference between an immigrant and an ILLEGAL immigrant. inform yourself before you go ranting about it.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:21 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,517,970 times
Keep making excuses for yourself.

The more you speak the more you reiterate the need for immigration changes.

The way you refer to us as typical Americans....how dare you. If I said typical Brazilian what credibility would I have.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:28 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,186,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another1 View Post
selp imposed, being that i was 8 years old, and my parents didnt have money to go back to brazil, let alone barely eat?

vlw pela forca
somebody that knows how it is, thats how they respond.

and you sound like a typical american.
actually no im sorry, you sound lower then the typical american.
rude, ignorant, and with a rational thinking disorder.

ok as i have posted before, i will again.
there are a few possible answers to this post as to what is wrong with it.

1.you cant read. i clearly said i DO PAY TAXES. even though im not a citizen and get the benefits i should be getting. in other words, im doing more then you.

2.ok where can illegals get all of those things? please tell me how because by all means i would like to get them. oh no never mind i just realized you dont UNDERSTAND the diference between an immigrant and an ILLEGAL immigrant. inform yourself before you go ranting about it.
Irrelevant:

You and your family are lawbreakers--------the only thing that we owe you et al are cots in a detention centor prior to your deportations.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:14 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,253,786 times
Quote:
your statement would be true, if you actually had taken the time to read the entire post.
i did mention that my parents DO pay taxes, BOTH for their work AND for the house we live in.
and honestly it isint so hard to find a job, and personally i havent met someone that WANTED to work on construction. as there are many other options for someone who is a legal citizen.
Hmmm you sir are a dog. No one wants to work construction???? I did.. As did my brothers... But we couldn't compete against illegal labor lowballing. You see we unlike illegals had to pay taxes,all of them, have insurance and have money left over to support our families.We paid 14% social security. We paid a higher income tax, and we had to pay our own comp. We had to stand behind our work. We didn't have the luxurey of disapearing after the job was over. You see the builder had our ssn and licence number.
You complain about how unfair it is for you here. Nobody said it would be easy. You cheated your way in and continue to cheat the system.You belittle americans and yet you chose to live amoung us and take what you call our scraps. My wife who is a legal immigrant loves this country. She unlike you understands that rules protect us and those that ignore them hurt us.
Please give me your address. I swear to you that I will not post it on the internet. I will however feel free to call immigration.
Nobody wants to work construction??? Tell that to those who have been forced out of their trades so that illegals can make a better life for themselves and complain about how bad we treat them. Go home, go back to where you came from, but how dare you spit in this country's face because we don't make special rules for those who feel they shouldn't have pay the fee's or file the paper work.
If your life sucks you own it.... You cheated..... This is your reward...

Old 07-18-2008, 05:18 PM

299 posts, read 547,795 times
Quote:
Hmmm you sir are a dog. No one wants to work construction???? I did.. As did my brothers... But we couldn't compete against illegal labor lowballing. You see we unlike illegals had to pay taxes, have insurance and have money left over to support our families. We had to stand behind our work. We didn't have the luxery of disapearing after the job was over. You see the builder had our ssn and licence number.
You complain about how unfair it is for you here. Nobody said it would be easy. You cheated your way in and continue to cheat the system. My wife who is a legal immigrant loves this country. She unlike you understands that rules protect us and those that ignore them hurt us.
Please give me your address. I swear to you that I will not post it on the internet. I will however feel free to call immigration.
Nobody wants to work construction??? Tell that to those who have been forced out of their trades so that illegals can make a better life for themselves and complain about how bad we treat them. Go home, go back to where you came from, but how dare you spit in this countries face because we don't make special rules for those who feel they shouldn't have pay the fee's or file the paper work.
Yeah, gotta love the same old story of illegals saying that they only do jobs Americans won't do. The LIE has been told so many times that the idiots actually believe it.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:36 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,598,377 times
Quote:
Hmmm you sir are a dog. No one wants to work construction???? I did.. As did my brothers... But we couldn't compete against illegal labor lowballing. You see we unlike illegals had to pay taxes,all of them, have insurance and have money left over to support our families.We paid 14% social security. We paid a higher income tax, and we had to pay our own comp. We had to stand behind our work. We didn't have the luxurey of disapearing after the job was over. You see the builder had our ssn and licence number.
You complain about how unfair it is for you here. Nobody said it would be easy. You cheated your way in and continue to cheat the system.You belittle americans and yet you chose to live amoung us and take what you call our scraps. My wife who is a legal immigrant loves this country. She unlike you understands that rules protect us and those that ignore them hurt us.
Nobody wants to work construction??? Tell that to those who have been forced out of their trades so that illegals can make a better life for themselves and complain about how bad we treat them. Go home, go back to where you came from, but how dare you spit in this country's face because we don't make special rules for those who feel they shouldn't have pay the fee's or file the paper work.
I was thinking the same thing...

Old 07-18-2008, 06:29 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,253,786 times
This country is so cruel. We come here to make our life better. Yes we cheated. Yes we lowblall wages and drive honest legals out of work, yes we are able to send our children to schools. No we don't pay our fair share in taxes. No we don't mind living 2 or 3 families in a 1 bedroom apartment.
And yes we think americans suck. This country would be awsome if it were not for all the americans that live here. Cry me a river.
Illegal... That means you are a criminal by being here. If you don't like that status do the paper work and pay your fee's and legalize your status. But damn it spare the sob story because this life is your choice.
There are no armed guards with a gun to your head making you stay. You are always free to leave.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:39 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,505,022 times
Quote:
It was self-imposed because a) your parents made a conscious and voluntary decision to come to this country, b) your parents and you returned to Brazil voluntarily and stayed there for ONE YEAR at least once, and c) your parents and you returned to this country. If the United States is such a hypocritical hell hole as your post suggests, then how do you justify returning and staying here? You're being a hypocrite.

You and your family were in this country for years. I quote:

Quote:
...me and my parents stayed here legally fo a years, and then the IRS negated further extensions...
During those years staying here what were you doing to acquire citizenship? Did you or your parents even start the process? How old are you? Based on your post, I'd guess at least 15 but probably older. According to the chain of events (in the order that you wrote them), it appears that you started sorting garbage after being in this country for 7 years. So for the first 7 years of your stay, things must have been doing okay. This observation is supported by the fact that during this period you...

Quote:
...moved back to my native country (Brazil) to visit family, stayed there for a year, and have recently returned, in the hopes of a better life.
And I know your parents and you must now have the financial resources to pay for the citizenship process because:

Quote:
... we are now decently established here.
my mom and dad each own their respective company's, pay taxes, own cars with valid drivers licenses, own a 3bd/2ba house pay taxes on it and everything.
Now in regards to this:

Quote:
and i was also surprised to see how people reacted so negatively to 1 word he said, and how, you could see they treated different people who also posted on the thread completely differently simply because they said "applying" instead of "illegal", as if they weren't talking about living human beings at all, and instead about another piece of document, properly or improperly filled out! and i wouldn't be surprised if many of those people considered themselves good or religious people.
The difference between the two words is that one, applying, implies that the person is trying to make a change for the positive and step out of the shadows of the illegal immigrant world by becoming a legal US citizen. The other word, illegal, implies that the person is not doing the above but is instead non-committed to the US and wants to take advantage of this country. Now if you are wondering why that piece of paper or document is so important...it is because this is a society based on ORDER as opposed to CHAOS where people do whatever they want.

Trust me, I do not consider you less than human. I respect you as a fellow human being. But it appears to me that your are asking for more when none is due. You do not have a monopoly on suffering, hardship, poverty, or any other ill you can name. There are a bunch of people who've had to put up with similar things - OR WORSE. No where in your post do you mention anything about you or your family facing the threat of death (or having a family member murdered). Nor did I read anything about a female member of your family getting raped.

Note that not everyone can go home. My Mom and I for the first 20 years that we were in this country could never consider a return to Saigon, Vietnam...or as the Communists call it these days, Ho Chi Minh City. Everyone and everything my Mom knew and loved was left behind in 1971. She is the ONLY person from her family in this country and she's never been able to contact them since. I'd continue but this is your thread and not mine...

Finally, the United States of America is everything one makes of it and more. This is a GREAT COUNTRY!! From one immigrant to another immigrant...get legal.

~Mike (proud US citizen and American )

Last edited by MIKEETC; 07-18-2008 at 07:12 PM..

Old 07-18-2008, 06:46 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,653,351 times
Quote:
I am actually the current owner of my own small interior trim business. And I chose to do this kind of work. The money can be really good if you are not forced to compete against the illegal low ballers. But then again I have noticed a trend of builders going the cheap route then quickly coming back to the real carpenters because what was saved in price didn't make up for the quality lost. I strive at every job to be faster and better than my competition, especially when dealing against illegals. And I have found that me and my partner can successfully work a 3 to 4 man crew into the ground, and have better quality workmanship. That is the only thing that keeps me and my partner working. Our quality and our speed. Our prices are reasonable but not cut throat. The result of cut throat pricing is the ever decreasing amount one will receive for working on a house. And I surely do not want to be at all responsible for driving the price down any lower than it already is. But my main point is there are many people who work in and love construction work. It is hard but rewarding, when you can stand back and see what you have created. Carpenters and the like are truly artisans, practicing their craft of creation on a daily basis. And I know many a real carpenter sitting at home right now because he can't compete with the contractors who use illegal immigrants for their work force. It is a damn shame, especially since not only are Americans suffering from this invasion, the quality of the homes you buy and live in is suffering too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration