Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 03:12 PM

299 posts, read 547,058 times

Advertisements

Germans Unhappy With Muslim Mosque Construction

German citizens in Cologne are outraged at the planned construction of a giant mosque in the area, and they aren't the only ones. Spiegel Online reports that the scheduled construction of more than 180 mosques in Germany is stirring not only right-wing resentment but also left-wing opposition. Reporters described "turmoil" and an "enraged" audience at the school auditorium in Ehrenfeld where the Cologne mosque was publicly discussed. "Ill will over mosques like the one being built in Cologne is spreading rapidly throughout Germany, often to the surprise of local politicians. For a long time the establishment of Muslim prayer rooms provoked little protest, housed as they were mostly in residential buildings, shops and back courtyards. Recently, though, there has been an increasing number of acts of protest, some violent. Molotov cocktails were thrown through mosque windows in the Bavarian town of Lauingen; Christians set protest crosses inscribed with 'Terra christiana est,' or 'This is Christian land,' on the grounds of a mosque in Hanover; and construction trailers went up in flames in the Berlin district of Pankow."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 03:24 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
Germans Unhappy With Muslim Mosque Construction

German citizens in Cologne are outraged at the planned construction of a giant mosque in the area, and they aren't the only ones. Spiegel Online reports that the scheduled construction of more than 180 mosques in Germany is stirring not only right-wing resentment but also left-wing opposition. Reporters described "turmoil" and an "enraged" audience at the school auditorium in Ehrenfeld where the Cologne mosque was publicly discussed. "Ill will over mosques like the one being built in Cologne is spreading rapidly throughout Germany, often to the surprise of local politicians. For a long time the establishment of Muslim prayer rooms provoked little protest, housed as they were mostly in residential buildings, shops and back courtyards. Recently, though, there has been an increasing number of acts of protest, some violent. Molotov cocktails were thrown through mosque windows in the Bavarian town of Lauingen; Christians set protest crosses inscribed with 'Terra christiana est,' or 'This is Christian land,' on the grounds of a mosque in Hanover; and construction trailers went up in flames in the Berlin district of Pankow."
I am torn on this one:

Apparently; most of the Muslims in Germany are legal-----and, the vast majority of the practitioners are peaceful.

OTOH: when the dominant society kisses the feet of those Islamists who want Sharia (literal Islamic law)------that can/will backfire against even the moderate Muslim people.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:26 PM

299 posts, read 547,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I am torn on this one:

Apparently; most of the Muslims in Germany are legal-----and, the vast majority of the practitioners are peaceful.

OTOH: when the dominant society kisses the feet of those Islamists who want Sharia (literal Islamic law)------that can/will backfire against even the moderate Muslim people.
While I do agree I believe that the problem starts when too many Muslims move into a country and their takeover happens slowly at first and then, BAM, you have the beginnings of cultural problems.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
While I do agree I believe that the problem starts when too many Muslims move into a country and their takeover happens slowly at first and then, BAM, you have the beginnings of cultural problems.
One big thing that puts a stop to that sort of crap is making it clear that secular law trumps religious law (sharia)-----and, the repercussions for violating the former are severe.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:53 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
One big thing that puts a stop to that sort of crap is making it clear that secular law trumps religious law (sharia)-----and, the repercussions for violating the former are severe.
While that is the rational thing to do, unfortunately PC trumps everything. *sighs* It's time to take the PC gloves off and put the boxing gloves on because we are in the fight of our lives.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:56 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
I'd like to make a statement here regarding 'multiculturalism'....but I guess that would just be silly.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:04 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
While that is the rational thing to do, unfortunately PC trumps everything. *sighs* It's time to take the PC gloves off and put the boxing gloves on because we are in the fight of our lives.
"The fight of our lives" is certainly not an exaggeration. I honestly believe if we don't succeed, we will in fact lose our country to the globalist elite.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I'd like to make a statement here regarding 'multiculturalism'....but I guess that would just be silly.
My definition of 'multiculturalism' (pardon the stereotypes here):

A house along the California coast, a wife of Asian heritage, Honda Accord, a Harley Davidson, fullsized Detroit 3 4WD pickup truck, daughter in law of Brazilian (pick her specific lineage) background, a second home in wherever, etc.

But: 100% Middle Class American culture.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:07 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
don't know germany too well but france i know lots better. fight of their lives over their jobs and immigration. unions go to bat for the french. here we float to the bottom of the pool whimpering and whining to our congressman.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:13 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Not at all, silly is the theme this afternoon.

Seriously, it would be an understatement to state that your posts on multiculturalism and other arguments on the Dual Citizenship thread are outstanding. If you have more to share, please do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration