Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2008, 03:02 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,582,349 times

Advertisements

The sanctuary policies of San Francisco have resulted in three more 100% preventable deaths. Apparently it’s more important to shield illegal alien gangbangers than it is to protect law-abiding citizens.

Quote:
A known gang member charged with killing a father and two sons on a San Francisco street last month was one of the youths who apparently benefited from the city's long-standing practice of shielding illegal immigrant juveniles who committed felonies from possible deportation.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported that 21-year old Edwin Ramos, who is currently being held on three counts of murder, was shielded during previous encounters with the law as part of San Francisco's sanctuary city ordinance. The city recently shifted that policy.
cbs5.com - SF Sanctuary City Plan Had Shielded Alleged Killer (http://cbs5.com/local/sanctuary.city.policy.2.775409.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 03:10 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,171,072 times
SF: a city that is so elitist that simply gags regular people in disgust. Its near twin is Wash DC in my eyes.

The above coming from a Wash DC native.........and, I lived near SF from 1978-80.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:22 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,951,552 times
When did San Francisco become a separate country within the borders of the US? Since when do they think they can make laws superceding those of the US. City laws are below those of the State level. State laws are below those of the Federal Goverment. A city cannot put its nose up at Federal Laws and decide what is considered LEGAL and what is ILLEGAL within its own city limits. Steve

Old 07-21-2008, 03:29 PM

299 posts, read 547,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
When did San Francisco become a separate country within the borders of the US? Since when do they think they can make laws superceding those of the US. City laws are below those of the State level. State laws are below those of the Federal Goverment. A city cannot put its nose up at Federal Laws and decide what is considered LEGAL and what is ILLEGAL within its own city limits. Steve
Just look at the whole state of CA and you will get your answer.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:51 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,337,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
Just look at the whole state of CA and you will get your answer.
Not to mention many other sanctuary cities around the country.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:21 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,614,622 times
Quote:
A city cannot put its nose up at Federal Laws and decide what is considered LEGAL and what is ILLEGAL within its own city limits.
But SF usually does...whether it is this, gay marriage, medical marijuana, and so on...SF usually beats it's own drum...

Not saying it is right...just saying this city has a history of doing so...just look at the 9th circuit court

Old 07-21-2008, 04:38 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,765,495 times
I watched the interview with the wife and mom of the victims and I could hardly sit through it. I kept thinking it could have been my family or anyone elses for that matter. Poor woman. My heart breaks for her and what is left of San Francisco.

Old 07-21-2008, 05:52 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,582,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I watched the interview with the wife and mom of the victims and I could hardly sit through it. I kept thinking it could have been my family or anyone elses for that matter. Poor woman. My heart breaks for her and what is left of San Francisco.
I watched the interview also, and it was indeed heart wrenching. I can't imagine the pain of losing a husband and two sons. Where is the outrage and compassion for these murders?

Old 07-21-2008, 06:41 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,827,438 times
SF is still running ads that tell illegals they are safe there ( caught that on the news this afternoon and saw the interviews w/the widow this am). Their mayor is still stating they are sanctuary.

IMHO, if SF wanted to float off into the Pacific, none of the rest of the country would miss it.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:17 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,171,072 times
Watch the economy: if things really start tanking------methinks that most sanctuary cities will have second thoughts very quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration