Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 04:45 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
We bought a home in the 90's in California for $150,000. That same house today is worth more than double that. The home prices rose because of supply and demand again. It's supply and demand dude!
So what happened to all that money contractors 'saved' by using illegal scab labor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 04:46 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
So what happened to all that money contractors 'saved' by using illegal scab labor?
Not being an expert in the construction market, I'll tell you what I would of done and what they probably did. Bought a big mansion in the hills, got a beautiful blonde, and live off my investments.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:54 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Not being an expert in the construction market, I'll tell you what I would of done and what they probably did. Bought a big mansion in the hills, got a beautiful blonde, and live off my investments.
By stabbing their fellow citizens in the BACK!

God, I HATE people that think that way. How much more shallow can you get?

Old 07-25-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
By stabbing their fellow citizens in the BACK!

God, I HATE people that think that way. How much more shallow can you get?
You asked me what they did with their money. If I any large amounts of money that's what I would of done. Do I think that using illegal labor as means to get the edge on your competition right? No way, that's immoral and against the law.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:06 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Sockpuppet (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It works better if you wait a few weeks before sounding exactly like one of the last ones.
Yep, you nailed it!

I guess we're supposed to be stupid.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:07 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,754,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guypinestra View Post
i've been competing with illegals for over 20 years! And as i've said before, i know they're illegal because they admit it to me.

Of course, walking onto a new jobsite wearing a border patrol hat usually sends several scurrying over fences, too...:d
hahaha! Lolololroflbbq!

Old 07-25-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guypinestra
i've been competing with illegals for over 20 years! And as i've said before, i know they're illegal because they admit it to me.

Of course, walking onto a new jobsite wearing a border patrol hat usually sends several scurrying over fences, too...:d
That's going to be my next halloween costume for the halloween party.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:15 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Most likely the same thing that happened to the money the farmers 'saved' by hiring illegals. Our food prices certainly don't reflect a savings for the consumer. Have you noticed a decrease in the cost of a hotel room? What about the cost of plants or mulch from landscaping and nursery businesses? Have you purchased flowers lately? As a matter of fact, what have consumers gained in any industry dominated by illegals? I haven't noticed a decrease in the cost of anything.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:49 PM

394 posts, read 1,007,215 times
the point to my original post was an attempt to attract input from the pro-illegal usual suspects on this site about how illegal aliens ARE in fact competing for their jobs, but they still support them. hmmmmm all is quiet on their homefront.

you'll have to excuse me while i tentitively gloat here for hitting the nail on the head with the original post.

btw is this what they call "trolling"? if so, i happily accept the label......for now

Old 07-25-2008, 05:50 PM

So.. successful troll is successful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration