Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 03:56 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
That is why I have invested in lifelock.
Of course you apparently have not read about how the owner of Lifelock has had his identity stolen a number of times have you. You might want to do some investigation about it because it is not all that the owner says it is.

What Happened in Vegas..., page 1 - News - Phoenix New Times - Phoenix New Times

» Three law suits against Lifelock point to problems in the ID Theft protection business! - Blogger News Network

There is much more out there but you get my drift here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 05:47 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I find that hard to believe. At first he could not speak english, but then he called them on the phone and threatend them in english????
Rep steve King is known for making up lies to back up his agenda. He is a joke.

Quote:
On April 27, 2006, the Des Moines Register published an op-ed piece by King regarding the planned May 1 "Day Without an Immigrant" rallies.[7] The op-ed read in part:
"What would that May 1st look like without illegal immigration? There would be no one to smuggle across our southern border the heroin, marijuana, cocaine, and methamphetamines that plague the United States, reducing the U.S. supply of meth that day by 80%. The lives of 12 U.S. citizens would be saved who otherwise die a violent death at the hands of murderous illegal aliens each day. Another 13 Americans would survive who are otherwise killed each day by uninsured drunk driving illegals. Our hospital emergency rooms would not be flooded with everything from gunshot wounds, to anchor babies, to imported diseases to hangnails, giving American citizens the day off from standing in line behind illegals. Eight American children would not suffer the horror as a victim of a sex crime."
The editorial received strong reactions (both for and against) in Iowa and across the country.[8]
King has cited an April 2005 GAO report [9] as the source of the statistics in his editorial, but close examination of the numbers in that report do not support King's statements. King's supposed daily totals are based on the false premise that 28% of all inmates at each level of the US prison system (federal, state, and local) were illegal aliens. In fact, the GAO report said only that 27% of federal prisoners were "criminal aliens," a category including both legal and illegal aliens. The GAO report includes no illegal alien percentage figures for state prisons and local jails, which together hold the overwhelming majority (92%) of US prisoners. It does, however, discuss State Criminal Alien Assistance Program (SCAAP) inmate compensation numbers, which (when compared with total prisoner censuses in other government reports) show that only about 4% of state prisoners and 3.5% of local prisoners were illegal aliens. Those figures demonstrate that the supposed daily totals from King's editorial exaggerate the real numbers by seven times or more.
A September 2006 Wall Street Journal article reported that King was regularly claiming that illegal immigrants are perpetrating sex crimes against "eight little girls" each day as part of a "slow-motion terrorist attack."[10]
Steve King - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-26-2008, 05:56 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Prior to this invasion ID theft was an extremely rare occasion. Only if you were robbed did you have to be concerned about it. Now you have to guard everything you own with your life and God forbid you have an hispanic first or surname, you are easy prey.
Are you serious?

Old 07-26-2008, 07:03 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,558,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I find that hard to believe. At first he could not speak english, but then he called them on the phone and threatend them in english????
They generally have an accomplice; which is how the criminal managed to successfully obtain the mortgage loan in the case I mentioned. That person also did not speak English. Illegal aliens are not impeded by a language barrier, given the fact that there are more than enough English-speaking illegals to assist them in their criminal endeavors.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:17 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They generally have an accomplice; which is how the criminal managed to successfully obtain the mortgage loan in the case I mentioned. That person also did not speak English. Illegal aliens are not impeded by a language barrier, given the fact that there are more than enough English-speaking illegals to assist them in their criminal endeavors.
Agreed! For every law we have in place illegals and their offspring aka Dreamies learn the loopholes and when their isn't a loop hole they just ignore the law, because in their warped thinking it doesn't apply to them.

It's the same game they play on this board. When they run out of their stupid diversionary tactics as a response to a thread or a question by a poster they send in a new screen name or they magically disappear like those incriminating posts disappeared from the DREAM ACT board. You know how they do it.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:19 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,532 times
What dream act board are you talking about?

Old 07-26-2008, 08:11 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,558,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
The Dreamies have a website. Just Google Dream Act Portal and select the forum. It's rather benign (and dead) now due to exposure. Previously, it was a despicable display of arrogance, entitlement, and vulgarity.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:54 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post

Here's a sample of their acknowledgment of the generationally embedded illegal activity:

Quote:
Im a little mad at my dad...
Quote:
...because he is a permanent resident and if he becomes a U.S. Citizen....i AUTOMATICALLY become a U.S. Citizen... (since im under 18 )

Sometimes I think that he doesnt really care about my future...because
if he did...he would have actually started making an effort to become a
citizen.

I have *begged* him and tried to help him with his english and U.S. History...but he just doesnt want to cooperate.

oh and I have a question too.....

my dad did get me a social security card/number when i was just a baby...
but it says that im not allowed to work with it....
does that mean i am actually not undocumented? or am i still illegal even though i have social security number? (and its [SIZE=4]not[/SIZE] a fake #)
would anyone happen to know what this means?
it would mean ALOT, thanks ppl.
Im a little mad at my dad... - DREAM Act Portal - Forums

A very good example of them not really wanting to be Americans but here for their self serving purpose of draining the country to reap the rewards. This "father" is so pathetically selfish he doesn't think his own child is worth the price of citizenship. Can we say waiting on amnesty?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration