Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2008, 08:14 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times

Advertisements

The Manassas Journal-Messenger reports that Jose David Martinez-Zeron plead guilty in the grisly 2007 murder of Brenely Ester Lessing-Yanez, but what they don’t tell you is that Martinez-Zeron is an illegal alien from Guatemala, nor that he had been released from police custody on a $1,000 bond a day earlier following an arrest by the Manassas Park Police Department, nor that they had charged him with giving three separate false identifications to a police officer and driving without a license. The address Martinez-Zeron gave to the Manassas Park Police Department of 8972 Ashton Avenue, Manassas doesn’t even exist. But he was released anyways, and that facilitated a murder. For that information, you would have had to read BVBL, because the local media wouldn’t tell you.

http://www.bvbl.net/index.php/2008/0...ory/#more-2581
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 08:18 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,735,053 times
I believe it.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:29 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Living in metro DC, I hear these disturbing stories on a regular basis. Rampant crime is a major factor in the enactment of tough anti-illegal initiatives in many Northern VA jurisdictions. Unfortunately, illegals are fleeing those areas and bringing their criminal activities into Maryland.

It’s difficult to apprehend these criminals due to the prevalence of multiple aliases, and the sanctuary policies in both DC and Maryland. However, I have a feeling the entire metro area will soon enact new laws to combat this invasion; evidenced by a recently established coalition.

Quote:
Ten groups from Virginia and Maryland announced Thursday they are joining forces to oppose illegal immigration.

The Capital Area Alliance Against Illegal Immigration is a coalition of grassroots organizations that want to end political support for illegal immigration and eliminate taxpayer-funded programs and services that support them.

Some activists said Prince William County's crackdown on illegal immigration is pushing illegal immigrants into Maryland. They said lawmakers and nonprofit groups like Casa de Maryland have made illegal immigrants welcome.
New Coalition Forms To Oppose Illegal Immigration - News Story - WRC | Washington

Old 07-26-2008, 08:42 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Living in metro DC, I hear these disturbing stories on a regular basis. Rampant crime is a major factor in the enactment of tough anti-illegal initiatives in many Northern VA jurisdictions. Unfortunately, illegals are fleeing those areas and bringing their criminal activities into Maryland.

It’s difficult to apprehend these criminals due to the prevalence of multiple aliases, and the sanctuary policies in both DC and Maryland. However, I have a feeling the entire metro area will soon enact new laws to combat this invasion; evidenced by a recently established coalition.

New Coalition Forms To Oppose Illegal Immigration - News Story - WRC | Washington
People are fed up with this costly (in lives and dollars) invasion.

While it's unfortunate that an economic hardship had to affect the entire country before local governments acknowledged that the feds were sitting around with their thumbs up their butts and they needed to take matters into their own hands, I guess better late than never.

I commend Lou Barletta for his courageous act of being the first to get the ball rolling on a local level!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration