Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 02:49 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,412,714 times

Advertisements

INCINNATI (Reuters) - U.S. immigration agents raided eight Mexican restaurants in northern Ohio on Wednesday and arrested 58 employees as part of a criminal operation against illegal immigrants, federal authorities said.

All those arrested were citizens of Mexico and working at Casa Fiesta, a chain of Mexican restaurants in Ashland, Fremont, Norwalk, Oberlin, Oregon, Sandusky, Vermillion and Youngstown, Ohio, Immigration and Customs Enforcement said in a statement.

It said the raid was the culmination of more than a yearlong investigation.
Of the 58 arrested, 54 were men. Three of the four women were released on their own recognizance on humanitarian grounds, ICE said. They are still required to appear before a federal immigration judge who will determine whether they have a legal right to remain in the United States.

Immigration raids Ohio restaurants, arrests 58 - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Benicar can we get another hammertime?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 02:55 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
It said the raid was the culmination of more than a yearlong investigation. Of the 58 arrested, 54 were men. Three of the four women were released on their own recognizance on humanitarian grounds, ICE said. They are still required to appear before a federal immigration judge who will determine whether they have a legal right to remain in the United States.

Benicar can we get another hammertime?

Humanitarian is the code for mother of anchor baby.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:55 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
I do feel sorry for these people but I also realize there is a line for citizenship... I don't like people cutting in line and expect to get the benefits... I wonder if the pro-illegal immigrants think its okay to cut in line wherever they are... in the cafeteria, in the movies, in the doctor's office, at gas stations... how would they feel if they were waiting at the gas pump and someone cut them off to get to the gas first simply because they don't want to wait in line... I just don't understand pro-illegal immigrants... sure I feel sorry for the illegals, but that doesn't mean they can cut in line because they don't care to wait...

Old 07-24-2008, 02:59 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I do feel sorry for these people but I also realize there is a line for citizenship... I don't like people cutting in line and expect to get the benefits... I wonder if the pro-illegal immigrants think its okay to cut in line wherever they are... in the cafeteria, in the movies, in the doctor's office, at gas stations... how would they feel if they were waiting at the gas pump and someone cut them off to get to the gas first simply because they don't want to wait in line... I just don't understand pro-illegal immigrants... sure I feel sorry for the illegals, but that doesn't mean they can cut in line because they don't care to wait...
ITA! Another problem with illegal immigration is the fact that they tend to consider ALL of our laws irrelevant. It has essentially turned into a free-for-all, and if permitted to continue, will eventually lead to a total state of anarchy

Old 07-24-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Humanitarian is the code for mother of anchor baby.

Hammertime . . that's what I'm talkin' about, sorry to keep bothering you but that one just never, "evah", gets old

Old 07-24-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Wait . . did you miss the marches? If they have no problem marching down American streets waiving the Mexican Rag, chanting in spanish and demanding not asking or begging for but DEMANDING amnesty, do you honestly think they have any concern for anyone else accept their own sorry, cowardly behinds?

Old 07-25-2008, 10:52 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Who wants to bet those ladies who were let go for humanitarian reasons never show up in court? They're probably already half way here to California.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:29 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,708,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Who wants to bet those ladies who were let go for humanitarian reasons never show up in court? They're probably already half way here to California.
LOL . . . better California than Arizona, DontH8Me. ! ! ! !

Old 07-25-2008, 12:01 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,170,052 times
Let's hope they are moving next door to some of the people here who seem to think we are racist nuts.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:38 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,927,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Let's hope they are moving next door to some of the people here who seem to think we are racist nuts.
It would be better if they stole their IDs so they would get a true feel of the illegals in this country and what Americans are having to put up with day in and day out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration