Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 06:19 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I am anti open borders with ANY group because you simply cant say "Everyone REGARDLESS of who you are come on in"

USA simply can not afford this we are in real financial trouble ..Drugs are POURING in and you cant have other countries open their prisons and dump them in USA.

Most politicians if not all in Latin America regardless of country are corrupt slimey creatures . I think many if not MOST of the Hispanic politicians here in America are just as bad .

Why would anyone want to leave that sewer only to turn USA into the same sewer ?

Illegals are coming from Mexico but they are also coming from ALL of Latin America.

I was born in Cuba my mom was on waiting list for 6 yrs to come here the USA gvmt knew everything about her .
After time she was allowed to legally come than you had the huge illegal migration from Cuba and Miami was a west World. Killings daily countless rapes -Drug lords ran things (Thank God for FBI because Cuban politicians solved NOTHING).

Immigration is great but you must know who is coming you can not just let anyone in.

To leave a sewer than want to turn the country that gave you a home into another sewer is a tragedy and many Hispanics need to see that .

Some that I know call me an "Uncle Tom" for saying this but facts BACK ME UP 100%
You and your mother did things the right way- even though it took 6 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 08:31 PM

638 posts, read 1,848,826 times
I learned a new word today "brown beret".

YouTube - Mexicans Assault Americans 1996

Mexican flags.

YouTube - American Veteran Removes US Flag from beneath Mexican Flag

Bear with me on the examples, but these are some problems Hispanics in America should deal with. If they are "not" in favor of them, they need to shout a lot louder. It's one thing for these jerks to show disrespect to our flag, or run a Mexican flag up a Federal building to make us angry (which is technically an act of war), but these Hispanic organizations making speeches about the take-over of America, is a recipe for disaster.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:37 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Hispanics who are anti illegals which are huge in numbers the media wont even have on.
A co worker Mexican American was scheduled to debate LA Razas spokes woman 3 times on ABC it was cancelled each time and instead they had a White woman debate her so they can play it as a race things.

Not to mention the woman was terrible didnt get her points across my co worker would have eaten up La Raza .

La Raza does a huge diservice to Mexican Americans be it taxes used for illegals, crime ,etc and my friend was going to show in detail how .
I'm not surprised that something like this happened. La Raza has powerful connections, given the fact that they are in cahoots with the corporate elite and traitorous members of our government. They were even involved in the development of the shamnesty bill.

Their exploitation of Hispanics is absolutely disgraceful, and it’s sad that so many people are fooled by them. Hopefully, someone will eventually expose their corruption. Perhaps your co-worker will be given that opportunity.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:46 PM

638 posts, read 1,848,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
. . La Raza has powerful connections
I'd agree with that. Protesting la raza as anti-American is like going to bat against Wal-Mart (another anti-American institution).

- - - - -

Institutional Corporate Partners
National Council of La Raza: Corporate Relationship Opportunities: Institutional Corporate Partners (http://www.nclr.org/section/corporate_partners/institutional_corporate - broken link)

The National Council of La Raza (NCLR) recognizes those corporations that have invested in NCLR’s long-term strategic efforts with multiyear, multimillion-dollar commitments, including NCLR’s Empowering An American Community Campaign.

The Allstate Corporation
Bank of America
The Coca-Cola Company
Citi
Fannie Mae
Freddie Mac
Ford Motor Company
General Motors Corporation
PepsiCo Foundation
The PMI Group, Inc.
State Farm Insurance Companies
UPS
Univision
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:48 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim-mac View Post
I now several people who are Hispanic and disassociate themselves from their own culture because of how most view this problem with illegal immigration.
Of course there isn't just one "hispanic" culture. There is the culture of the long-time American hispanic with ancestry in some parts of what is now the USA going way way back, for example the Tejanos who lived with the "anglo" Texans who had become the majority thanks to the government of Spain encouraging them to come. There were Tejanos who fought along side the Texans in the War of Independence from Mexico, fought for their freedom and right to form a new nation.

There is the northern New Mexico culture which isn't necessarily identical to that of Guanajuato or Chiapas Mexico. Many of these people had ancestors with a pioneer spirit, much like the Americans moving west and little in common with the more provincial established areas in the interior of Mexico.

There are those people whose "hispanic" roots go back to Spain but never south of the current border, their families never lived in a state of Mexico but territory claimed by Spain. Culturally they are more like the other people who lived in those territories, independent, often ranching.

And there's a difference in culture between the northern Mexican states like Sonora and Chihuahua and the southern Mexican states like Chipas, Oaxaca, Michoacan.

And of course there are the other non-Mexican cultures like Cuban, Puerto Rican, Colombian and so on.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I'm not surprised that something like this happened. La Raza has powerful connections, given the fact that they are in cahoots with the corporate elite and traitorous members of our government. They were even involved in the development of the shamnesty bill.

Their exploitation of Hispanics is absolutely disgraceful, and it’s sad that so many people are fooled by them. Hopefully, someone will eventually expose their corruption. Perhaps your co-worker will be given that opportunity.
La Raza goes hand in hand with the big powerful greedy globalist corporations whose only goal is big quick profits from the lowest possible wages.

Neither cares one iota about this country except for what they can grab out of it. They don't care at all of the fate of the American people, and both are rather eager to see the American people destroyed, because a strong middle class gets in their way.

La Raza never did a thing for Mexico, it benefits those people to see Mexicans hungry and desperate and even dying at the border.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
I am anti open borders with ANY group because you simply cant say "Everyone REGARDLESS of who you are come on in"

USA simply can not afford this we are in real financial trouble ..Drugs are POURING in and you cant have other countries open their prisons and dump them in USA.

Most politicians if not all in Latin America regardless of country are corrupt slimey creatures . I think many if not MOST of the Hispanic politicians here in America are just as bad .

Why would anyone want to leave that sewer only to turn USA into the same sewer ?

Illegals are coming from Mexico but they are also coming from ALL of Latin America.

I was born in Cuba my mom was on waiting list for 6 yrs to come here the USA gvmt knew everything about her .
After time she was allowed to legally come than you had the huge illegal migration from Cuba and Miami was a west World. Killings daily countless rapes -Drug lords ran things (Thank God for FBI because Cuban politicians solved NOTHING).

Immigration is great but you must know who is coming you can not just let anyone in.

To leave a sewer than want to turn the country that gave you a home into another sewer is a tragedy and many Hispanics need to see that .

Some that I know call me an "Uncle Tom" for saying this but facts BACK ME UP 100%

I think other than the unlimited-illegal-immigration and completely open borders advocates, all the rest of us feel the same as you.

None of us believe that the people of the countries of our own ancestors have an unlimited right to break our laws and come here with no limits whatsover.

Whether our ancestors are from Europe, or from Africa, or Asian, you don't see the same kind of open borders mentality felt, or that racist superiority that says people related to us in ethnicty are not obligated to abide by the laws of the USA.

That attitude seems to be mainly in those of Mexican and Central American origin. I've never heard someone say of Japanese ethnicty say because they are Japanese, all Japanese can move in as they please and any restriction at all would be simply racist.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:12 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
La Raza goes hand in hand with the big powerful greedy globalist corporations whose only goal is big quick profits from the lowest possible wages.

Neither cares one iota about this country except for what they can grab out of it. They don't care at all of the fate of the American people, and both are rather eager to see the American people destroyed, because a strong middle class gets in their way.

La Raza never did a thing for Mexico, it benefits those people to see Mexicans hungry and desperate and even dying at the border.
It's obvious if they were in fact benevolent "advocates" for Hispanic civil rights, they would oppose the inhumane treatment of Mexican citizens by their corrupt government. They would help illegal alien Mexicans fight for rights in their own country. They would also be outraged at the egregious treatment of Ramos and Campeon, and would fight for their release.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:22 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Of course there isn't just one "hispanic" culture. There is the culture of the long-time American hispanic with ancestry in some parts of what is now the USA going way way back, for example the Tejanos who lived with the "anglo" Texans who had become the majority thanks to the government of Spain encouraging them to come. There were Tejanos who fought along side the Texans in the War of Independence from Mexico, fought for their freedom and right to form a new nation.

There is the northern New Mexico culture which isn't necessarily identical to that of Guanajuato or Chiapas Mexico. Many of these people had ancestors with a pioneer spirit, much like the Americans moving west and little in common with the more provincial established areas in the interior of Mexico.

There are those people whose "hispanic" roots go back to Spain but never south of the current border, their families never lived in a state of Mexico but territory claimed by Spain. Culturally they are more like the other people who lived in those territories, independent, often ranching.

And there's a difference in culture between the northern Mexican states like Sonora and Chihuahua and the southern Mexican states like Chipas, Oaxaca, Michoacan.

And of course there are the other non-Mexican cultures like Cuban, Puerto Rican, Colombian and so on.
Do not forget about the Basques of Idaho and Nevada; they are a variety of 'Hispanic' with a language that is not even a Romance one.

Hell: the Catalans of the Barcelona, Spain area also have an indigenous language and it is not Castilian (generic Spanish) either.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:22 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,671,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I believe Latinos are as much of a threat to this country as the Irish, Jews, Italians and other nationalities were when they arrived. How you interpret that sentence is entirely up to you.
^^ What (s)he said. ^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration