Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 02:33 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,448,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
I think that is BS. I am a woman and I know how many of us are at age 14. At age of 14 many of us have the power to do a lot of damage to a boys life if we wanted to and it happens every day. Statutory rape is in way too many cases a bunch of crap! When my 2 year old boy gets old enough to understand I will make sure I tell him to ID the girls he go out with just in case. Make sure she is at least 20 to be on the safe side.
And many of us were not promiscuous at 14 - some of us have parents that taught us differently I guess. I didn't even have my first date until I was 17. I wouldn't have even imagined what it is that someone has "to do a lot of damage to a boys life" and call me clueless but I am still not entirely sure what you are alluding to.

There is a reason there is a legal age of consent. I believe it is to protect those little girls whose parents apparently have a broken moral compass and don't see the need in protecting their kids from adult male predators. I for one would not be making flippant remarks if my daughter at 14 were having relations with a grown man - but I would also have to wonder how I as a parent could possibly have screwed up so bad that I couldn't protect her from such a thing happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 03:31 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,158,423 times
I had my first girl friend at the age of 4, so my parents say. It's in my Mexican nature right ? It was a blonde haired, blue eyed anglo girl.. Even then I knew how to pick em'.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:57 PM

952 posts, read 3,707,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
And many of us were not promiscuous at 14 - some of us have parents that taught us differently I guess. I didn't even have my first date until I was 17. I wouldn't have even imagined what it is that someone has "to do a lot of damage to a boys life" and call me clueless but I am still not entirely sure what you are alluding to.

There is a reason there is a legal age of consent. I believe it is to protect those little girls whose parents apparently have a broken moral compass and don't see the need in protecting their kids from adult male predators. I for one would not be making flippant remarks if my daughter at 14 were having relations with a grown man - but I would also have to wonder how I as a parent could possibly have screwed up so bad that I couldn't protect her from such a thing happening.

I never said all 14 year olds, did I? I know that it's hard for you to imagine how things is not always like it seams. If a 18 year old boy have sex with a 15 year old girl her parents can charge him with statutory rape and his life as registered sex offender starts. I know that in this case he is 22 and yes he should have known better but I don't believe he is an pedophile. Pedophiles get turned on by children. A 14 year old girl does not always mean a small innocent child. Many 14 year olds can easily pass as 17 - 18 year olds in both behavior and looks.
Besides, I don't think you can teach you child not to have sex or even date before the age of 18. The reason why some girls date at 14 is because they attract boys, plain and simple. I didn't have anything to show off at 14 so I was single until I was 16 but I had classmates that were very aware and knew exactly what they were doing, boys and girls.
Again, before somebody think I defend pedophiles, I don't think a 22 year old should date a 14 year old but it doesn't have to mean he is a pedophile, just stupid.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:59 PM

952 posts, read 3,707,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
I had my first girl friend at the age of 4, so my parents say. It's in my Mexican nature right ? It was a blonde haired, blue eyed anglo girl.. Even then I knew how to pick em'.

I was 3 and he was 4 and we were kissing in my room.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:20 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,739,643 times
Quote:
I was 3 and he was 4 and we were kissing in my room.
what a lovely memory

Old 07-29-2008, 07:23 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,739,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

I agree...I wasn't allowed to date till I was 16, even then the rules and my curfew were really strict. Boys couldn't even call the house till I was 16. I plan on being just as strict with my daughter, who will be 14 next week.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:15 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Quote:
I think that is BS. I am a woman and I know how many of us are at age 14. At age of 14 many of us have the power to do a lot of damage to a boys life if we wanted to and it happens every day. Statutory rape is in way too many cases a bunch of crap! When my 2 year old boy gets old enough to understand I will make sure I tell him to ID the girls he go out with just in case. Make sure she is at least 20 to be on the safe side.
But this man was not a boy. He was an adult. A little girl cannot do great damage to an adult pedophile's life.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
I never said all 14 year olds, did I? I know that it's hard for you to imagine how things is not always like it seams. If a 18 year old boy have sex with a 15 year old girl her parents can charge him with statutory rape and his life as registered sex offender starts. I know that in this case he is 22 and yes he should have known better but I don't believe he is an pedophile. Pedophiles get turned on by children. A 14 year old girl does not always mean a small innocent child. Many 14 year olds can easily pass as 17 - 18 year olds in both behavior and looks.
Besides, I don't think you can teach you child not to have sex or even date before the age of 18. The reason why some girls date at 14 is because they attract boys, plain and simple. I didn't have anything to show off at 14 so I was single until I was 16 but I had classmates that were very aware and knew exactly what they were doing, boys and girls.
Again, before somebody think I defend pedophiles, I don't think a 22 year old should date a 14 year old but it doesn't have to mean he is a pedophile, just stupid.

We also have no need in bringing in stupid immigrants. There are far better people who would like to come to this country, they haven't raped children, they aren't stupid either.

With the huge number of people who would like to come to this country, we aren't needing to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:43 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,645,386 times
Oh for goodness sake! A 22 year old having sex with a 14 year old is a flaming pedophile. What would a 22 year old talk to a 14 about? What could they have in common besides the 14 year olds naivete and body?
Deport his sleazy azz. End of story.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Oh for goodness sake! A 22 year old having sex with a 14 year old is a flaming pedophile. What would a 22 year old talk to a 14 about? What could they have in common besides the 14 year olds naivete and body?
Deport his sleazy azz. End of story.

Not many normal men the age of a college senior want to "date" 8th or 9th graders, that's for sure. Except this guy didn't merely "date" the young girl, he was raping her. Talking with a 14 year old was likely the very last thing he really cared about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration