Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 12:27 PM

1,512 posts, read 8,167,111 times

Advertisements

Top 5 Reasons Why I love Illegal Immigrants:

1) They do jobs I don't want to do.
2) Help make cities more vibrant.
3) I love Latin women.
4) They help divert attention from us African Americans.
5) I love Mexican and Central American food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2007, 12:48 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,745,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Top 5 Reasons Why I love Illegal Immigrants:

1) They do jobs I don't want to do.
2) Help make cities more vibrant.
3) I love Latin women.
4) They help divert attention from us African Americans.
5) I love Mexican and Central American food.
Excuse me while I barf.

They do the jobs you don't want to do? I am so sick of hearing that they do the jobs that we Americans don't want to do! That's not true. Since when do Americans not want to do construction jobs??? Landscaping jobs??? Give me a break. They take jobs that Americans most certainly WOULD do, it's just that they do them for below minimum wage and the cheap owner of the company chooses to go that route.

The truth is that Americans will do ANY job if the pay is right. When construction paid good, landscaping paid good - Americans did the work. These immigrants brought wages down!!!

They help make citizens more vibrant??? What city is that? The city I lived in that was filled with them was not vibrant because of them. Instead they spread around their mess with gangs, graffitti, etc.

They help divert attention from AA's? What on earth does that mean? They are making things worse for you guys. They are helping to keep wages low. And from what I've seen, the blacks and hispanics fight each other!!!

You can love latin women all you want but that doesn't have anything to do with illegals directly. You can love LEGAL latin women.

And their food? I love mexican food as well. No doubt! But when I walk into the restaurants that I love their food at it's usually white people working there and cooking and serving it up. It doesn't take a mexican to make a taco anymore than it takes an American to make a hot dog!

Old 02-02-2007, 01:29 PM

569 posts, read 1,229,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Excuse me while I barf.

They do the jobs you don't want to do? I am so sick of hearing that they do the jobs that we Americans don't want to do! That's not true. Since when do Americans not want to do construction jobs??? Landscaping jobs??? Give me a break. They take jobs that Americans most certainly WOULD do, it's just that they do them for below minimum wage and the cheap owner of the company chooses to go that route.

The truth is that Americans will do ANY job if the pay is right. When construction paid good, landscaping paid good - Americans did the work. These immigrants brought wages down!!!

They help make citizens more vibrant??? What city is that? The city I lived in that was filled with them was not vibrant because of them. Instead they spread around their mess with gangs, graffitti, etc.

They help divert attention from AA's? What on earth does that mean? They are making things worse for you guys. They are helping to keep wages low. And from what I've seen, the blacks and hispanics fight each other!!!

You can love latin women all you want but that doesn't have anything to do with illegals directly. You can love LEGAL latin women.

And their food? I love mexican food as well. No doubt! But when I walk into the restaurants that I love their food at it's usually white people working there and cooking and serving it up. It doesn't take a mexican to make a taco anymore than it takes an American to make a hot dog!
RWF

I believe Rwarky's post was supposed to be tongue in cheek. The reasons he listed, especially numbers 1 & 2, are reasons that the illegal sympathizers use to argue for there cause. As for #3, the more illegals, the more Latinas to meet. Reason #4, there isn't 3 pages of threads bitching about African Americans. Reason #5, The more Hispanics in the area means there will be more Hispanic eating establishments.

Anyway, that's how I took it because I thought it was funny!

Old 02-02-2007, 01:32 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
2) Help make cities more vibrant

I had to laugh at number 2.
I wish it was true!!!!!

IF Anyone agree with any of these, please come visit my town, then you might not agree.

Thanks for the laugh OP.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:26 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,247 times
[quote=;329201]

Instead they spread around their mess with gangs, graffitti, etc.

And from what I've seen, the blacks and hispanics fight each other!!!

QUOTE]

Your ignorance is quite visible.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:30 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
[quote=dusesean1986;329531]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;329201

Instead they spread around their mess with gangs, graffitti, etc.

And from what I've seen, the blacks and hispanics fight each other!!!

QUOTE]

Your ignorance is quite visible.
Dude have you even see the news lately, they are fighting left and right. gangs and graffitti are everywhere, have you ever been to Phoenix??

Old 02-02-2007, 02:39 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,745,774 times
[quote=Nea1;329546]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post

Dude have you even see the news lately, they are fighting left and right. gangs and graffitti are everywhere, have you ever been to Phoenix??
Exactly! I just spent 10 years living in Las Vegas... the twin city practically of Phoenix. They are fighting and graffitti is a crazy problem that costs homeowners millions in lost equity! And the city puts out millions to clean it up...it's awful. People who haven't lived in areas where there are LOTS of illegals have no idea what it's like!!!

Old 02-02-2007, 02:40 PM

Thumbs down Poor Decisions

I'm not sure if some folks don't understand the poison of ignorance or if were living in all white neighborhoods and believe non-whites to contain inferior behavior to European Americans. I'm not angry at all, I only find it disturbing.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:51 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I'm not sure if some folks don't understand the poison of ignorance or if were living in all white neighborhoods and believe non-whites to contain inferior behavior to European Americans. I'm not angry at all, I only find it disturbing.
We are not ignorant, we see it everyday, we live with it, Hardly an all white community. But there are plenty of hispanic communities here and to drive through them is just sad. garbage, gang signs ,spray painted businesses. It isnt ignorance on our part but theirs. If they love america so much why are they treating it like garbage. It is bad enough plenty of americans do it, we dont need outsiders doing it as well.

Old 02-02-2007, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
If they love america so much why are they treating it like garbage. .
Do they all treat America like Garbage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration