Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2008, 03:49 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,488,668 times

Advertisements

Here we go again.

Quote:
A California bill that would allow undocumented immigrants to get drivers licenses is one step closer to becoming a state law.

State senate bill 60 passed through the assembly Friday.

If the bill becomes law, legislators say the estimated 2.2 million undocumented immigrants in California will apply for one, an idea that's creating a lot of controversy.

KMPH Fox 26 Central San Joaquin Valley News Source in Fresno, California Entertainment, News, Sports and Weather | Undocumented Immigrants Closer to Getting Driver's Licenses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 04:43 PM

26,677 posts, read 41,509,172 times
California can do whatever they want as far as i'm concerned. I wish they would save us grief and secede from the US, effective immediately. Mexico should take them with open arms considering they funneled most of the illegals there.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:11 PM

50,056 posts, read 46,553,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
California can do whatever they want as far as i'm concerned. I wish they would save us grief and secede from the US, effective immediately. Mexico should take them with open arms considering they funneled most of the illegals there.
Those of us that were already living here before the invasion take exception to that. If we declare civil war I hope my brothers to the North come to our aid

As far as the article, Swarzy already said he won't pass it unless there is a big red dot on it or something that identifies the drivers. The upside is it will force some of these knuckleheads to get insurance and it will ease the controversy of check points so they can move to a style like Denver. No license? We impound your car. I think I can warm up to that idea.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:14 PM

21,144 posts, read 41,985,296 times
Quote:
There are a few other states that would deport the illegals and their friends too rather than California.

SoCal is my spiritual home--------despite it being defiled by those illegal immigrant losers.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:43 PM

26,677 posts, read 41,509,172 times
Ok, maybe I was a little harsh. After the National Guard gets through in Gulf of Mexico (which may take awhile), they should probably go and assist in the civil war that 1angrytaxpayer eluded to.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:55 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,289,017 times
It might not be a bad idea. I like the idea of a "Red Dot". A modern-day scarlett letter.

Everybody has to show ID when they register their car. Red Dots should have to pay more. That goes for insurance, too!

Pass a law requiring drivers licenses to vote. Red Dots need not apply.

If you show up at the hospital with a Red Dot, you better have cash.

When applying for in-state tuition, Red Dots will be denied. In fact, they will pay more - out-of-country tuition.

Traffic citation and no insurance and a Red Dot? Instant impound and forfeiture of vehicle.

Need to rent an apartment, Red Dot? No problem! A Red Dot tax of 15% is applicable, though.

Arrested and a Red Dot? Instant deportation!

Bank account? Red Dots should be assessed 10% on all transactions which would be sent directly to the US Treasury to offset the taxes they are not paying.

The more I think about, its not a bad way to deal with the issue. Economic sanctions against all Red Dots would turn them into Republicans real quick.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:07 PM

62 posts, read 101,141 times
Undocumented Immigrants? WTF! Let's call them what they really are. Illegal aliens or more to the point, CRIMINALS! They don't need a driver's license. They need to be locked up for a period of 2 to 5 years in a labor camp and then deport them. Just deporting them does little good. After they get home they get new fake papers and it's back to the US to funnel more money to Mexico. The US *******s need to get off this BS that they deserve to be here. Just because I break into a bank doesn't entitle me to any of the money does it? Want to come to America? Do it the right way or GO TO JAIL!

Old 09-29-2011, 07:30 PM

50,056 posts, read 46,553,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeNtrail View Post
Undocumented Immigrants? WTF! Let's call them what they really are. Illegal aliens or more to the point, CRIMINALS! They don't need a driver's license. They need to be locked up for a period of 2 to 5 years in a labor camp and then deport them. Just deporting them does little good. After they get home they get new fake papers and it's back to the US to funnel more money to Mexico. The US *******s need to get off this BS that they deserve to be here. Just because I break into a bank doesn't entitle me to any of the money does it? Want to come to America? Do it the right way or GO TO JAIL!
A really old thread but it does bring up the fact that there are 2 sets of implied laws here in the US now and the set for Americans is a lot more harsh than the set for illegals, which is mostly hands off. If you are an illegal you need to worry about the feds, the local LE can't really touch you.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:11 AM

18,837 posts, read 37,198,257 times
Sure, excellent plan. All illegals step this way to get your new ID card- plus a bonus of $100. Oh, yes, step thru this door to complete your paperwork, and receive your cash--psych!! It is a detention facility, where you will wait for your bus home, to where ever you came from. Bye.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:26 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,225,639 times
Quote:
California can do whatever they want as far as i'm concerned.
The problem is this bill effects the whole country. These people will have an official state ID card. How will anyone from Nevada to Maine know if some person with a California ID is a legit citizen or an illegal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration